Chapter 20

A good heart

Dara: Taeyang?

 

Bom: Mr. Kwon?

 

CL: Seungri?

 

Seungri: Chaerin?

 

Taeyang: Dee?

 

Jiyong: Bom-ssi?

 

 

All of them said in one accord, “What are you doing here????”

 

Then eyeing one another confusedly, they chorused, “You know each other?”

 

 

 

 

=========================================================================================================================

 

 

OK, this is awkward. Sitting together in a table were the six of them, bearing the same confused expression even after the round of introduction.

 

“Hyung, noona, stop staring at each other like you’re gonna swallow each other up ok,” Seungri said trying to break the air of awkwardness among them.

 

Jiyong was being extremely quiet, slightly regret with the idea of coming. He stood up and went to sit at the bar alone. Dara just glanced at him, noticing his sullen face and foul mood.

 

“Sorry about him noona, he just had a bad day. Today is supposed to be his 4th anni..” Seungri almost spilled and Taeyang stopped him just in time.

 

 “It’s ok Seungri, you don’t need to explain. It’s none of my business anyway,” Dara said, still looking towards Jiyong who had his back against them.

 

“So why didn’t you tell me that you are Kwon Jiyong’s real brother?” CL said to Seungri, with a tone that made the guy cowered in his seat.

 

“Why it never crossed my mind that I have to include the names of my family member in my introduction,” he said. Actually they’ve met only thrice and she only knew he worked at YG but didn’t know his father is actually the CEO of the most influential publishing house in Asian region, where most of her photo-shoot offers came from. And she had seen Jiyong few times before when attending shows oversea. If there’s one person that could make the bad-a$$ supermodel feel intimidated, that would be Kwon Jiyong, International Managing Director of YG Publishing house and the future heir of the company.

 

Bom and Dara just found out the truth about Jiyong and Seungri which made Dara felt even more nervous.

 

‘I must be extra careful. If I crossed him again he could easily fire me and I probably have really slim chance getting into other companies since most of them controlled by YG.’

 

‘Well there’s Taeyang still. But I couldn’t spend the rest of my life just writing for an in-flight magazine. Where’s my dream of Times Korea, Forbes etc.’

 

‘And they are friends. Like real brothers. Aishh probably he’ll convince Taeyang not to hire me either,’

 

‘Of all the people on earth, why does it have to be him?’

 

 

 

Bom also looked at Dara, understanding what she’s been through and secretly worried about her too. Knowing how the tension between Jiyong and Dara would build up after this new revelation about him.

 

“Girls, can I buy you a drink?” Taeyang offered Bom, Dara and CL.

 

“It’s OK Taeyang, you don’t have to,” Dara said. She’s planning to treat her sisters anyway.

 

“No, I insist,” Taeyang said. “What would you girls like?”

 

“I’ll take a Mojito,” Bom said

 

“Martini for me,” CL said.

 

“Thanks Taeyang. I’ll have strawberry Margarita,” Dara said. Taeyang just smiled at her.

 

“Next round is on me,” Seungri said as he hit his chest, not wanting to lose to his hyung. CL looked at him, shaking her head at his childish antics.

 

“Seungri yah, aren’t you guys supposed to be hanging out tonight? Why are you leaving your Hyung like that?” Dara said to Seungri while pointing to Jiyong who’s downing his second glass of liquor.

 

“It’s ok noona, we have plenty of time to see each other. We do live in the same house in case you didn’t realize,” the younger man replied. Dara mentally smacked herself and made an O shape with .

 

“But I’m not gonna miss the chance hanging out with my Chaerin and her equally gorgeous sisters,” he said as he casually placed his arms on Chaerin’s shoulders.

 

Dara giggled at the term of endearment the younger guy just used.

 

“Yah, just because your father is the CEO of YG and your brother is the great Kwon Jiyong, doesn’t mean that you can just act how you want,” CL said as she moved a little further from him. Seungri leaned back on his seat and pouted like a child.

 

“Stop doing that, it doesn’t suit you,” Taeyang said as he approached the table after placing their orders at the bartender. Everyone on the table laughed as Taeyang lightly smacked the younger guy’s head.

 

“Ahhh Hyuuuung, not in front of my Chaerin,” Seungri said as he rubbed the part Taeyang just hit, making the pain go away.

 

The table with five of them was lively as they joked with one another, having great time teasing and chatting. Most of the time was them making fun of Seungri since he’s the youngest in the group.

 

The laughter and bantering of the group behind him didn’t escape his ears. He would join them if it wasn’t for what happened previously. It’s just not a good time for him.

 

 

 

 

=========================================================================================================================

 

 

 

Flashback

 

Earlier that day

 

 

Jiyong was driving with a heavy heart. He couldn’t sleep at all with all the memories of them kept playing on his mind. He thought after two years it wouldn’t hurt so much but who is he deceiving. He still loved her and last night he broke down, like how he did back then. However, this time he didn’t want his family to find out and worry about him anymore. He hated it when he’s treated like a child by his overprotective parents.

 

“Mom, Dad,” he called on the intercom. He still used those words towards Mr. and Mrs. Kim, his parents-in-law.

 

“Oh Jiyong, is that you? Come on in,” Mrs. Kim said as she recognizes him from the camera installed at the entrance of their house.

 

“Have a seat, Dad will be here soon,” Mrs. Kim offered him into their large living hall. Jiyong glanced around, impressed at how modern the house was furnished when from the outside it looked like a typical traditional Korean house.

 

“How are you?” she carefully asked. She looked at him from top to toe. He’s still the handsome and good looking young lad she knew. The only major difference was his sad and lonely eyes.

 

“I’m better now, mom. I just came back from France after almost 2 years of absence. And I’m back to work now,” he answered truthfully.

 

The old lady nodded. She was also devastated because of the incident but seeing how Jiyong was in a much worse state during that time, she pitied the poor guy. Just then an old man entered the house.

 

Jiyong quickly bowed at Mr. Kim. Even now he still had some fear towards him. The old man approached them, patted his shoulder and eventually hugged him. Mrs. Kim who was standing beside him almost tears up at the heartwarming scene in front of her eyes. She remembered how her husband wasn’t fond of Jiyong at first but when they saw how genuinely happy Younghee was, they finally approved their relationship. But Mr. Kim was constantly being cold to Jiyong even after their marriage, so she moved in to stay with Jiyong’s family to reduce the tension between her father and Jiyong.

 

Silence engulfed the living hall as three of them didn’t know how to start the conversation.

 

“Jiyong, you are free to stay here for tonight if you want,” Mrs. Kim said while holding his arms.

 

“Thanks mom. Actually I’ll be driving back soon,” he answered.

 

“But you just reached. It is quite a distance Jiyong are you sure you’re not too tired to drive back?”

 

“Don’t worry about me. I just wanted to visit both of you after my long absence,” he said.

 

“What about staying for lunch? ”

 

 

 

=========================================================================================================================

 

 

The three sat down at the dining table with variety of delicious food served by the maid of Kim’s family.

 

He smiled as he tasted the delicious fish dish. It was the exact taste that Younghee liked. Back then she would complain at how the maid of Kwon’s household prepared them because didn’t fit her taste buds.

 

He had his head bowed and savor the dishes in front of him.  Mr. and Mrs. Kim just glanced at each other and back to Jiyong who was eating in silence.

 

“Today’s our anniversary,” Jiyong spoke to no one in particular.

 

“We knew Jiyong,” Mr. Kim said. Mrs. Kim wiped her tears away, feeling sorrowful for the young guy.

 

“Aigoo, they say never cry in front of your food,” Mrs. Kim joked and sniffed.

 

“Jiyong ah, although she’s gone, we still treat you like our own son. And we hope that you could leave the past behind and move on with your life. You’re still young and you have a long way ahead of you,” Mr. Kim said with a fatherly tone.

 

“Please don’t let the past hold you back. You can’t change anything about it,”

 

“And please don’t punish yourself for what happened. I admit I was mad too but I never once put the blame on you. Never. Bear that in mind,” he said.

 

“Yes Jiyong, we hope you can live a happy life,” Mrs. Kim added.

 

“If you have anything stupid in mind, I won’t think twice about doing the same again,” Mr. Kim said as he showed Jiyong his fist. What he meant was beating him up like how he did before.

 

Jiyong just nodded at what Mr. Kim just said but at the back of his mind he disagreed with the idea of seeing someone else. He never considered that before, as he refused to forget about her, the person he fell in love with at the first sight.

 

He bid the two elders goodbye and bowed at them respectively. He hoped into his black Audi A6 and slowly reversed his car and took a final glance at Mr. and Mrs. Kim who were waving at him. He sped off with a sad smile on his face.

 

Just then a grey BMW came in from the other direction and a young buffed man alighted from the car. He swung his bag on his shoulders lazily and locked his car behind him.

 

“I’m home,” he loudly said upon entering the house to get everyone’s attention.

 

“Young master, let me get your bag,” the maid offered to bring his bag to his room. He handed her his bag without glancing at the maid, not even thanking her.

 

“Oh, you’re here. You should’ve told us that you’re coming. We could prepare some delicious food for you,” Mrs. Kim said.

 

“Where’s Appa?” he said while walking to the dining table. He’s too tired from his drive all the way from Seoul to even think about food. He just wanted to see his parents.

                                                                                                                                               

“He’s on the phone,”

 

“Sunmi, please tell Mr. Kim to come down once he’s finish,” Mrs. Kim instructed one of the maid.

 

The maid nodded and bowed before she heads up to call her Master.

 

 

 

 

=========================================================================================================================

 

 

“Why are you not eating?” the guy said to his mother while munching on his food. She was sitting beside him, scooping more food into his plate.

 

“We’ve eaten already. Actually we ate with Jiyong. He just left shortly before you arrived. If we knew you were coming we could’ve asked him to wait for a while,” Mrs. Kim explained.

 

The young man gulped his food nervously.

 

“Wh.. what’s Ji.. Jiyong doing here? Isn’t he supposed to still be out of the country? Why didn’t you tell me?” he nervously said.

 

“Aigoo you’re excited to meet him? Actually he just came back recently. We also just found out he’s back to work too,” Mrs. Kim answered.

 

“And today’s their 4th anniversary,” she added with a broken voice, controlling her emotions not to tear up again.

 

He just nodded as more cold sweats formed on his forehead.

 

“Oh Daesung ah, you’re home,” Mr. Kim patted his back, making him jerked on his seat.

 

“De, Appa,”

 

“Are you ok? Why are you sweating?” Mrs. Kim leaned closer and placed her hand on his forehead.

 

“I.. I’m fine,” Daesung stuttered again and quickly finished his bowl of food.

 

“I’m full,” he patted his stomach and faked a yawn and stretched his hands.

 

“I’ll excuse myself to rest for a bit. Thanks for the lunch,” He quickly said and head to his room in a rush.

 

Mrs. Kim looked at him walking up to his room in a hurry.

 

“That’s odd, he never thanked anyone for a meal before, and he even finished the fish dish which he never liked,” the confused Mrs. Kim said to her husband.

 

Mr. Kim glanced at her wondering what kind of ridiculous stuff his wife noticed.

 

“Aigoo, maybe I’m getting old I’m talking nonsense,” she said, waving off the silly thoughts.

 

 

 

In the room, the guy was pacing back and forth, pulling chucks of hair and biting his nails nervously. He sat down on his bed and clasped both hands and went into deep thoughts.

 

His heart beat wildly as the image of Younghee and Jiyong appeared on his mind. He clenched his fist again and bit his lips hard.

 

“I.. I’m sorry...” he whispered with trembling voice.

 

 

 

 

Hello dear readers,

Been busy lately and will be busier next week so please be patient for the next update.

I'm excited too for what events will unfold next.. so keep on subscribing and vote.. :P

And THAAANNNKKK YOOOUUU SOOOO MUUUCCHH for you comments. It's like my vitamin too, like what berryl mentioned. :)

I really reallyy appreciate them and sorry if I couldn't reply all of them.

 

till next update, take care

Lots of love <3 Greentee