Chapter 1

A good heart

VOGUE KOREA

[Editor's Office]

 

"Good morning Bommie unnie, here's your caramel latte machiatto" Minzy came into Bom's office with the tall cup of hot Latte Machiatto from Starbucks. 

"Thanks Mingkki, just what I need" Bom took a sip from her coffee and continue reading the drafts on her table. The submission of the drafts to the publishing department is by noon and she was rushing with the last minute editing on the article on interview with Yoona from Girls Generation. 

"You're welcome, let me know if there's anything else you need my help with, I'm actually done with my part since last week." Minzy said excitedly.

She's the junior writer who's eager to make the most of her work. *just wait till you be the main writer cracking your head for new ideas* Minzy is in charge of writing simple review on beauty products, latest fashion must-haves, and upcoming happenings around Seoul. So she doesn't really have much to do and has been pestering Bom for new writing tasks. 

" Hmm, why don't you help Dara with some ideas for our next month's issue, her last proposal was rejected by Gummy and she has not come up with something yet." Bom replied to Minzy.

"The great and amazing Dara unnie?? Got rejected by Gummy?? What was she thinking?" Minzy sighed and wondered. Dara is actually a better writer and journalist than Bom but surprisingly Bom got the editor position. So now Dara holds the position of senior writer while Minzy just started her job as a junior writer. 

"That fierce Chief Editor just doesn't appreciate a good writing.." Minzy mumbled as she left Bom's office. 

 

====================================================================================================================

 

Dara was flipping through issues and issues of VOGUE, trying to find another creative idea for her next column. She was given the assignment to do a 3-page writing for the next issue and doesn't have any clue on what to write about. Also she's in charge of interviewing the next covergirl who is still undecided, since the chief editor wanted a fresh face, not just some idols or actress. 

"Hey, good morning Unnie. What's with all the mess here? It's so unlike you unnie" Minzy said once eyeing the piles of magazines, cut-outs of articles, and files on Dara's desk. 

"Morning." Dara replied. While still absorbed in flipping the pages of the magazine.

"Need some help?" Minzy asked.

"I don't know anymore." She said while leaning on the armchair, closing her eyes. She came up with 3 proposals and they were all rejected by Gummy. What a demanding person she is. 

" I believe in you Unnie, you are the most amazing writer I know and it's unbellievable that your proposal was rejected." Minzy stated while Dara rose her eyebrow.

"How did you know about that?" Dara asked curiously

"Ehmm well, I was at Bommie Unnie's office a while ago asking if I could help with anything, so she kinda told me to come to you instead, and so..." Minzy answered without looking at Dara.

" Aishh such a big mouth," Dara just shook her head. "Bommie sometimes forgot to think before she speaks, that happens always when she has to multitask" Dara explained and patted Minzy's hand, saying it's fine. 

"So I'm here if you need me Unnie" Minzy said with a smile. "Let me get you a cup of coffee first unnie, you look really tired" Minzy then ran out of the room.

Sigh.. What am I doing here? Writing these stuff that just scream 'look at me I'm with the perfect makeup or hair' or 'look at me I have the handbag from the latest collection' and 'look at me I know the coolest hangout place' .. its far from my dreams and reason that I chose to be a writer in the first place. But heck, I got the job in VOGUE, the most prestigious fashion magazine in Korea. And I should be thankful for this. -Dara wondered in her mind.

She got up and went to the washroom to freshen herself. She works for a fashion magazine so to look fashionable is sort of the unspoken rule here. Everyone automatically dresses well and looked like they are wearing something out of the display window. 

Dara opt for formal wear with her high waist skirt, with little makeup and her wide rimmed glasses, which Bom and Minzy hated since they cover her beautiful eyes. But Dara is comfortable with that, saying it made her look sophisticated and smart.. Aigoo you are already smart, no need for those glasses Dara..

====================================================================================================================

"Here's your Cappucinno unnie," Minzy handed Dara the cup and sat across the now tidied desk.

"Thank you Mingkki" Dara said cheerfully.

"Woah, came up with anything yet? What's with the good mood" Minzy asked. The frowning and distressed Dara is now smiling brightly.

"Not yet, but I remember tomorrow will be Chaerin's birthday,"

"The Supermodel CL?" Minzy asked

"Yeah, but I prefer calling her Chaerin."

"You knew her?" 

"Of course, we grew up together, in the.." oops Dara almost slipped "we've known each other since young, together with Bommie" she said.

"Really? That's wonderful. Why don't you get her to be the next covergirl?" Minzy just said without thinking

Dara let out a laugh..

"Why haven't I though about that.. Minzy you're a genius" Dara hugged her and smiled.

"No you are Unnie" Minzy flashed her smile back.