Chapter 14

A good heart

“So eager to see me?”  Taeyang said once he fastened his seatbelt.

“Huh? What makes you think so?” Dara faced him while still catching her breath.

He chuckled. “You were basically running towards me earlier” He replied while focusing on the road ahead.

“I did? Haha. Maybe I am.” She lied to avoid further questioning from the curious guy.

Taeyang chuckled again. It’s very rare to see her behaving like this.

 

====================================================================================================================

San Restaurant

 

 

“How’s the trip to Paris?” he asked her while waiting for their food.

“Beyond amazing. Just too bad I was alone the whole time. It will be perfect if Omma, Bommie and Chaerin were there too.”

He just smiled knowing how much she loves and cares for her family.

“And how was your flight? You got the upgrade?” He asked.

“Yes. Thanks to you. It’s not necessary Taeyang ah. I don’t want you to go through the trouble every time I fly with Sun Airways.”  She said.

“Hey Dara, I thought we discussed about this already. You didn’t want to accept any payment for writing for us so I was happy that you agree to accept the flight upgrade we offer you” Taeyang said calmly. Every time Dara travelled with Sun Airways, Taeyang would arrange an upgrade for her so she would be in business class. Since she seldom travels, she only got upgraded twice.

“Yeah, after your constant nagging. Gosh you’re worse than Bommie” she remembered the tug of war situation they had.

 

 

====================================================================================================================

 

Flashback

 

 

 

“Really Taeyang it’s not necessary. I’m just helping you out and I’m not doing it for the money. Besides you do understand how strict VOGUE is with their writers. If they find out I could be in trouble or suspended.” She returned the check back to him.

“I understand. But we have our policy too Dara. You know we have to at least pay the writers.” said the Chief Editor of Sun Airways inflight magazine.

“So let us settle it this way, I let you write for us every month and instead of a payment, you’re getting an upgrade to business class if you travel with us. How about that? You get to write freely and I won’t feel bad for claiming your work as mine” He said. Of course comparing to the small payment, an upgrade actually costs more. But it’s no big deal for him when he’s the heir of Sun Airways -which he kept as a secret from her.

“Pleeeease Dara?” he finally said pleadingly. He knew Dara very well that she would never refuse him with that tone. It works every single time.

“Okay.” She finally agreed.

 

 

 

 

====================================================================================================================

 

 

 

“I received your writings for the next issue. I didn’t know you could come up with something like that. That show’s what a versatile writer you are” Taeyang was referring to the email he received from Dara earlier. She wrote about her experience in the city of LOVE.

“I just wrote it based on my experience.” She said.

“You’re in love?” He immediately interrogates her. He was blown away by the thought of his crush falling for someone. In her article she seemed like a person on a honeymoon in Paris.

She couldn’t help but laugh at Taeyang’s response “I must’ve done a good job. See even you believe it.” She replied.

“What do you mean by that? You’re not answering my question”

“Calm down. I am not. What I meant was I wrote it based of my experience meeting a couple who were on their honeymoon. And we talked …” She told him the story how they met again in the same flight back.

“Oh, you almost gave me a heart attack.” He was relieved to know and flashed her with his famous eye smile.

Aigoo he’s so cute’

 

 

 

====================================================================================================================

 

 

They were in the middle of dinner when she remembered something.

“Yah,”

“What’s wrong?” he looked up and saw her faking a furious face.

“Why did you change my article about Jeju to Mauritius? You know how strange it turned out when description was about Jeju’s beaches but the pictures were you used were from Mauritius.”

“No one would notice it so nothing to worry about. Still it was a brilliant article in my opinion.” He said. Actually he was the one responsible for changing Dara’s work.

“Sorry I didn’t let you know beforehand”

She felt bad after scolding him. Well, he is the Chief Editor who also happens to be her good friend since high school.

“No need to be. It’s your job after all. I didn’t mind but someone actually noticed the flaws since he has been to Mauritius and was skeptical about it.”

“It hurts when people said it was a make-believe article. I do have my pride as a writer you know.” She said jokingly.

“Sorry Dara. To make it up to you, tonight’s dinner is on me” He offered.

“Thank you Taeyang.”  The only thing she would gladly accept from him.

 

 

 

 

====================================================================================================================

 

 

 

 

“Hyuuuung, thanks once again.” The excited Seungri hugged his brother and almost kissed him once he entered the mansion.

“It’s nothing. Just remember to pay up” Jiyong joked to his younger brother while having his right palm stretched out, a gesture for demanding something.

“I already did. Thanks to you I’m able to get closer to my dream girl.”

“I didn’t recall you having difficulties around ladies”

“This is not just any girl you’re talking about hyung. She’s the smartest, prettiest and sassiest girl I ever met.”

“Wow this is my first time seeing you falling head over heels over a girl. Who is she?”

“The supermodel CL or her real name Lee Chaerin”

“Oh CL ssi. She is smart alright”

“You know her hyung?”

“No, but I read her interview in VOGUE and I find her answers were deep and insightful. It’s good to know she’s not just one of those pretty faces.” He admitted he was fascinated by her when he stumbled upon her interview while flipping through the magazines in Mr. Jang’s office.

Seungri was glad that his brother praised CL. Before, he never acknowledged any of his girlfriends and this time he was surprised Jiyong even sort of ‘approved’ her.

“Let’s have a drink with Taeyang hyung. He must be very happy once he knows you’re back”

“That guy cincaa. He never called me for months. I thought he’d forgotten about me” Jiyong recalled his best friend whom he last contacted about half a year ago.

“He’s still the same hyung I know. Actually he’s the one that got me invited to Chaerin’s birthday party last month.”

‘Hmm, you mean after you begged and almost threaten to spill your Hyung’s secret to his crush’

“Taeyang? How?”

“Long story. Her sister who is a friend of hyung invited him and he invited me and we talked and we ate and there were also her friends and sisters and their boyfriends there and we had this cake with Hermes bag which she liked and wanted and because I threw away her roses because noona told me she’s allergic then I gave her the bag instead and she was happy and we had a date..”

Jiyong was lost and couldn’t understand a word Seungri said. That’s how he normally talks whenever he’s nervous and excited.

“How about Friday? At our favourite hangout place. Just the three of us” Seungri suggested.

“I can’t. I’m going to Mr. Jang’s farewell party” He answered.

Seungri was surprised when he heard Jiyong’s excuse.

“Waahh, hyung… Finally you’re opening up. That’s good to know” Seungri knew since they were young his brother was the anti-social type, and would hide in his room during family parties or events.

“I guess you’re more open to new experiences now after 2 years of absence. I hope it will be for the better. Younghee noona must be very proud of you.” His little brother said in a mature way while patting his hyung’s shoulder lightly.

Jiyong just nodded when he remembered the promises he made to himself.

 

 

‘Babysteps. I’ trying me best here Younghee’

 

 

 

 

 

 

Helloooo dear readers

Hope you're still loving this story..

Yes, this is somewhat similar to Sophie Kinsella's novel (I forgot the exact title)

I read it about 6 years ago so I don't remember most of the plot. heheheheee

 

Enjoy your weekend!!

Lots of love <3 Greentee

 

 

P/S: next Chapter will be something you've all been waiting for ;) ;)