-001; Happy Birthday.

Under The Moonlight

The moon shone brightly through the restaurant window. You glanced up at it and the moon was full. You've always had this attraction to the moon, and you don't exactly know why.

"Skye." A voice called out "Skye!"

You snapped out of your thoughts turning around, "Are you done with that table? Customers are waiting."

You bowed and quickly finished up cleaning up the table. "Sorry for the wait." You bowed to the customers and lead them to the table. "A server will be with you shortly."

You headed off to the back of the restaurant dropping off the dishes.

"What's up with you?" Your co-worker, Haerin asked

You sighed and shrugged, "just...Ah, nothing."

"Tell me! What's wrong unnie?" She asked 

You turned to her and smiled patting her head, "Awe my favorite dongseng worried about me? Don't be!" You pulled her into a hug "I'm okay!" You squeezed Haerin

"Ah.. Too.. Tight!" She struggled to get away from you

You chuckled and released her, "now let's get back to work!"

 

--

The resaturant closed for the night. You had the closing shift, so you were finishing up with the cleaning and locking up of the place.

"Skye.." A gentle voice said from behind you

You spun around, "oh.." A small smile peaked on your lips "Grandma, why are you still here? I thought you left early."

She headed over to you "I'm the owner, I leave when I want too." She let out a small laugh "I just came back and wanted to give you something, before I forget again."

You shook your head "Grandma, no it's --"

She took a hold of your hands and placed something in it. You looked at her confused and smiled softly. She kissed your forehead, "Happy birthday my angel!" She patted your hand and let go heading to the front foor.

"Take the day off tomorrow!" She looked back at you "Spend your birthday with your friends!"

You turned to look at her and she was gone. You lowered your head and looked into your hand. Your grandma gave you a necklace with a skeleton key and a wing on it. You felt like you've seen it before, but you couldn't figure where. You ignored the feeling and placed it around your neck and went back to work.

As you headed out and locked up, you made your way back home. You lived alone in your old neighbourhood where you gew up, but had to leave because you had to live with your grandma for a while. The house was far, but you didn't mind the trip. You got off the bus and enjoyed the night air. You stopped at a nearby park and sat on the swings. 

You reached down at your necklace and looked at it,

"What's that?"

"Nothing sweetie!" She shut the box and took the key out of the key hole and placed the necklace around her neck.

You stared blankly, "Umma?"

Your thoughts go interrupted when you heard rustling through the trees and shrubs around you. You looked up quickly, "Hello?" You called "Is anyone there?"

You looked around and heard nothing. You sighed, "Stop it. You're just scaring yourself. It's just bird--"

A terrorized scream echoed through the trees around you. You got up on your feet and looked around to see where that came from. "Hello? Who's there?" You asked

It was silent for a moment and you heard the scream again. "HELP MEE!" A man's voice yelled in terror

Out of fight or flight instinct you went towards the screams hopding that you could do something then not at all. You as as quickly as you could and you came upon a man badly injured. He looked like he was mauled by an animal, but to your knowledge no wild animals lived in your area.

You rushed by his side, "Sir. Sir, can you get up?" You helped push the man back on his feet.

"H-hurry.. We.. We must get out of ... Here.." The man said weakly

You carried the man on your shoulder and began walking. "Sir.. Please stay awake." The man was losing a lot of blood

You suddenly felt something yank on your shirt and the next thing you knew you felt a rush in your stomach and you hit something hard crashing to the ground.

A loud growl filled your ears. You opened your eyes slowly pushing yourself up. You gasped at the sight of seeing the man being ripped apart by animals. Large animals, almost bear like. Blood shedded everywhere. You could hear his limbs being torn off the body. 

You couldn't get a good look at the monsters, everything was slightly blurred. All you saw was yellow eyes turning to look at you and the last thought running thought your mind before blacking out was,

"I'm dead.."

 

 

 


Author's Note: How was it for the first chapter? Sorry if it was bloody,
 this chapter is the ONLY chapter that's going to be bloody and NOTHING ELSE!
Hopefully you enjoyed :)

Comment && Subscribe