Chapter 22: Jimin

JeongkukV

“Hyung! Jimin hyung!” Jeongkuk called out to Jimin. Jimin just ran as fast as he could. He was extremely embarrassed and just wanted to be alone. “Hyung! Hyung, hyung.” With each step, the voice got farther and farther until he knew he lost Jeongkuk. Jimin took a sharp turn and found a park.

Jimin sat on the bench and covered his face with his hands. He was angry and embarrassed by everything that just happened. He hated Hoseok for embarrassing him like that in front of everywhere. “Why would he do that?” Jimin questioned himself.

Jimin shook his head and tried to calm down. He sat at the bench for a while, people watching and trying to forget that stupid game.

Jimin still couldn’t shake the embarrassment off but was bored just sitting around. He didn’t want to go home, he still wasn’t ready to see Hoseok, so he decided to go eye shopping. Jimin slowly made his way to the mall, trying to waste as much time as he could.

Once at the mall, he made it his mission to eye shop at every single store there. He assumed that this would waste a lot of his time. So that’s what he did and soon it was dark out. Although he didn’t want to see Hoseok, he decided that it should be time to go home.

When Jimin reached their apartment building, he sighed and walked up the stairs. He stopped in front of their apartment complex but turned around and headed for the roof. Once at the roof, he just sat by himself, gazing at the stars and throwing pebbles at the billboard that they had to stand on. “Stupid game, stupid manager hyungs, stupid PD-nim, stupid Hoseok.” Jimin said out loud as he threw the pebbles harshly. He growled and threw a pebble with all his might.

The pebble bounced off the billboard loudly. “Ow!” a voice said, startling Jimin. Jimin looked at the door to see Jeongkuk standing there rubbing his head, “Hyung, why are throwing pebbles at me?” He joked. Jimin chuckled lightly, “Sorry, I was throwing it at the billboard and I guess it bounced off and hit you on the head. Sorry maknae.” Jimin apologized. Jeongkuk laughed and just shook his head.

He came over and sat next to Jimin and they just sat quietly while looking at the stars. “Do you want to talk about?” Jeongkuk asked, still looking up at the sky. Jimin sighed and looked down at the ground, “Why did he have to embarrass me like that?” Jimin mumbled out.

Jeongkuk looked at Jimin and shrugged, “I didn’t think that it was embarrassing, I thought it was pretty cute.” Jeongkuk said, making Jimin look up at him. “You thought it was cute?” Jimin asked in slight disbelief. Jeongkuk nodded, “Yeah,” He said, “But why did you think it was embarrassing?” Jeongkuk asked.

Jimin shrugged and pursued his lips together, “I don’t know. I guess because, I don’t know Jeongkuk. I just don’t know what to do now. How am I supposed to act around him now?” Jimin said while ruffling his hair.

Jeongkuk patted Jimin’s head, “You don’t have to act any differently, but I think I understand what you mean.” Jeongkuk said. Jimin looked up at Jeongkuk who smiled sweetly at him. Jimin smiled bashfully and looked down at his hands, “Jeongkuk, I had a confession earlier but I didn’t think I was ready to tell everyone,” Jimin said slowly, “But can I tell it to you first?” Jimin asked. Jeongkuk chuckled, “Of course you can.”

Jimin smiled and made his way up to the billboard. He cleared his throat, “Hello everyone, my name is Jimin.” He introduced loudly. Jeongkuk clapped his hands and cheered. “Well today, I have a confession to make. I was going to say it earlier but didn’t have the confidence then. But my confession is….” Jimin yelled, pausing and taking a deep breath, “I’m in love with Jeon Jeongkuk!” Jimin yelled at the top of his lungs. He was panting and smiling. He looked over at Jeongkuk who just stood there with wide eyes. Jimin was overcome with adrenaline. He quickly came down the billboard and rushed over to Jeongkuk where he cupped the younger boy’s face and kissed him. “Jeongkuk, I love you.” Jimin said before kissing the maknae again. Jeongkuk was still frozen in shock and didn’t know what to do.

“What is going on here?” Jimin heard some yell. Jimin and Jeongkuk turned to see a infuriated TaeHyung. “What, what’s wrong?” Jin said as he stopped behind TaeHyung. “Hyung, it’s not what you think.” Jeongkuk said frantically. Jeongkuk ran over to TaeHyung, leaving Jimin, making Jimin jealous.

“No, Jeongkuk, I don’t want to hear it.” TaeHyung said harshly before leaving, slamming the roof door behind him. “Hyung, please listen to me.” Jeongkuk pleaded, choking on his tears and chasing after his boyfriend.

Jimin clenched his teeth and fists, “I confess my love for him and he still wants TaeHyung.” Jimin said to himself in disbelief. Jin glared at Jimin, “What the hell happened?” Jin said in a low voice. Jimin shrugged nonchalantly, trying to hold back his tears.

Jin shook his head in disbelief before leaving Jimin alone on the rooftop. Once Jin left, Jimin broke down. He punched anything he could and threw things everywhere. He screamed and cried. He sat on the ground and cried, “Why doesn’t he love me?” Jimin questioned.

Jimin heard the door creak open and he looked up to Hoseok, slowly popping his head in. He smiled warily, “Hey, is everything alright?” Hoseok said as he walked over to Jimin, “TaeHyung stormed out of the building and Jeongkuk is crying and locked himself in his room.” Hoseok said while sitting down next to Jimin. Jimin just glared at him with his tear stained eyes. Hoseok was concerned, “Are you ok Jimin?” He asked while putting an arm around Jimin’s shoulder. Jimin swatted Hoseok’s arm away and go up and left, not saying one word to Hoseok or giving him another look.