Chapter 19

Love, Lust, Lies : A diary of a broken wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been 3 days ever since the incident in my house. CL has been secretly bugging me endlessly regarding what we saw and yet I was still giving them the benefit of the doubt.  Memories of what happened kept playing in my mind. Hearing Jiyong talking on the hallway and him lying on who he was talking to, Jiyong and Kiko in his studio with that woman flirting with him and him lying about it again, Kiko sending an indecent photo to my husband, and then my whole perfect world crumbling down on me. 

Is this true? Should I believe what I saw? Were they having an affair? Was my husband capable of doing that? I suddenly had a hard time breathing again. Should I confront him? Should I ask him? What if it’s not true and I hurt him? What if it’s true and he leaves me? What about our kids? Is it possible that my perfect marriage life was all a lie? 

I was so scared of Jiyong leaving us, that I begged CL to keep mum until we have solid proof. “Unnie, do they have to in front of you just for you to stop being naïve?” she asked me. But still, I wanted to hope that it was all a misunderstanding. He was my first love, he was the only guy I loved, together with my kids he was my world and living without him would be unbearable for me. 

For three days I go to work, go to meetings, pick up the kids, go home and be a wife to Jiyong. I pretend that I’m ok even if my heart was aching and my mind wanted to explode with everything that I was thinking. I feel like a stupid crazy person feeling sad about something that I’m not sure of yet. 

Then while CL was quietly scanning through some photos for our next issue I saw one picture with a model wearing a gold necklace and a pendant with the shape of a key. I remembered what Kiko’s text message said “You have the key.”What does she meant by that? “You have the key.”  It kept repeating in my head for some reason. Then as if a light bulb lit on top of my head. I remembered the day I got back, there was a key in Jiyong’s suit and there was a paper with an address and a lipstick smudge. 

I completely forgot about that. I was too happy to see my husband that I shrugged it off thinking it has something to do with work. He didn’t look for it anyways so I completely forgot to ask about it. Until now, that there was a possible link, which I was begging the heaven above me to prove me wrong. 



“Mina-shii, please cancel all my meetings today and also CL’s, we have an urgent matter to attend to.”  Dara told her Executive Assistant over the telecom. 

“Yes Sajangnim.” The EA answered while CL stared at Dara with one eyebrow raised. 

“What’s up.” 

“Just be quiet and follow my lead. I’ll tell you after I’ve confirmed. Just, I just want you to be there for me. No talking, just be there.” Dara begged her friend as she stood up and got her bag and started walking. 

CL sighed she got out of the room and grabbed her bag from the office before joining Dara on the way down to the lobby. 


My heart beat raced as I drove home wishing that it was still where I left it. If it was then one thing was for sure my husband didn’t use it ever since I came back. But then my inner self asked me when did he use it? Upon reaching home in which Tae was at nursery school while Hana was with Jiyong at the YG building, I hurriedly ran up to Jiyong’s studio and opened one of his drawers and saw the key and the paper still were I placed it. 

I closed my eyes thinking “Oh thank God.” But then another problem dawned on me. What if my hunch was right? What does that mean? I came back to the car and drove to where the address written in the paper was.

 

"Are you sure this is the place?" CL asked looking around as they parked in front of the building they were going to.

Dara nodded and scanned the area looking for Jiyon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter