Chapter 44

Love, Lust, Lies : A diary of a broken wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Mommy! Mommy!” Hana excitedly greeted Dara as her mom reached for her and carried her in her arms while Hana showered her with kisses.

“Daddy look! It’s Mommy!” Taehyun told his father who was frozen at where he was standing.

Dara giggled at the look of her husband it’s as if he saw a ghost, she then approached the frozen Jiyong and gave him a peck on the cheek. “Hey daddy. Are you ok?”

It’s as if they were teenagers again and Jiyong’s heart pounded like crazy. The warmth of his wife’s smile has melted all his stress away.

“Daddy?” Dara asked as Jiyong was still staring at her. Suddenly tears started falling from Jiyong’s eyes until he could no longer fight the tears and end up sobbing. Dara put down Hana on the couch and focused on Jiyong.

He was covering his eyes so that she wouldn’t be able to see him cry but Dara was trying to restrain him. “What’s wrong?”

“I… I…” Jiyong stuttered but then he grabbed her and hugged her tightly. “I just thought I’d never see you again.”

With that Dara couldn’t stop from sobbing too. “I was worried about your ankle and I know how you’re like a kid when you get sick so I flew back thinking no one’s going to take care of you.”

Jiyong stared at his wife, after everything she still cares about him. If it weren’t for Jiyong being called to get prepped for the concert the two would have stayed hugging each other for the rest of the night.

 

When I saw my husband crying his heart out because he was so happy to see me I couldn’t hold back the tears as well. When he embraced me I kept thinking how much I missed him and how worried I was with him. We all know that my husband does not have Daesung or Taeyang’s body so imagine how heartbroken I was to see him in a cane. Ok I know for some it’s over reacting because it’s only a sprained ankle right? But for an overworked idol like my husband who can’t even take a day rest from his concert even if he’s injured you can’t avoid to feel sorry.

 

“So…” Jiyong whispered behind Dara. They were now in their hotel room and Dara just finished putting the kids to sleep.  Tomorrow would be Jiyong’s last concert in Osaka and Dara and the kids will fly out right away back to New York so she can focus on their upcoming fashion show. 

Dara turned to face Jiyong and then looked back to their three kids. Baby Minho was in his portable crib while the two toddlers where on the other bed. “They look like little angels don’t they?” 

“They’re growing up so fast. Today Taehyun was bugging me to get him a bike!” Jiyong whispered to Dara. 

The two of them walked towards the lounge area of the room and sat on the couch. Dara leaned her head on Jiyong’s chest while Jiyong’s arm was wrapped on Dara’s shoulders. 

“When will you be back?” Jiyong asked bravely. He was both scared and curious with Dara’s answer. 

Dara didn’t answer. Honestly, she wasn’t even planning on going back yet if Jiyong hadn’t injured himself. 

“I’ll still wait for you mommy.” Jiyong whispered while touching Dara’s ear lobe.

“I’m sorry.” Dara said burying her face on GD’s chest suddenly hugging him tightly. Jiyong who missed his wife so much hugged her tightly too while tears fell from his eyes.

 

I missed Jiyong. I missed being a family like this. But I’m not ready yet. I don’t know why but I keep wanting to stay but as soon as someone texts him I wanted to grab his mobile and see who is it. It’s definitely one sign saying I’m not ready yet. It took all my will power to pack my things up and get out of the car and enter the airport. Jiyong’s flight to Seoul was an hour after ours so he had more time to kill at the airport.

 

Upon arrival at the airport a swarm of reporters were already waiting for the Kwon family to leave. As soon as the kids and the couple got out of the car the lights from the flash of their camera went non-stop. The nannies had to cover the faces of the kids for security reasons. As soon as the group passed by the reporters they all asked questions at the same time.

“Dara! Dara! Is it true you’re going back to New York?” one reporter asked

“G-Dragon now that you’re injured will your concerts be cancelled?” another reporter asked.

“Dara is it true you’re bringing the kids to New York?” one reporter asked.

But the question that ticked Dara the most was: “Are you guys separating? That’s why Dara’s bringing the kids to New York?”

Dara stopped in front of them and smirked. Uh-oh Jiyong thought. They pissed her off. Jiyong knows his wife too well and when she smirks that way it only means she’s pissed off and you’re going to get it from her.

“That’s Mrs. Kwon. When I’m in fashion shows, or anything that has any relation to fashion I am Dara. But here, I’m with my husband I am Mrs. Kwon.” Dara corrected them, talking in Japanese fluently.

“Dara, you’re going back to New York?” they asked again.

“Yes, me and the kids are going to New York. I have an on-going project there so I need to go back quickly. I wanted to check on my husband because of his injury.” Dara explained smiling at the reporters.

“G-Dragon will your concerts be cancelled?” another asked.

“No. The concerts will proceed as scheduled only I won’t be able to move as much as I used to until my ankle has fully recovered.” Jiyong answered placing his hand on Dara’s waist. “That’s why my wife is taking the kids to New York. We decided it would be best if they stayed with her for awhile. With the concerts here and there plus the recording of my new album it’s going to be chaotic so… it’s better if they’re with their mom.”

“What can you say about the rumors that you two are already separating.” One of the reporters said it again that made Dara’s blood boil up.

“Come on guys, don’t be like that. Seriously? Jiyong toured with Big Bang for a year and was hardly home with us but I didn’t hear any rumors about us separating. Now that I’m doing my own thing and have to be in another country this comes out? Don’t you think it’s a bit unfair?” Dara said smiling but sounding pissed off. “Please there are kids involved here so let’s not spread rumors like these ok?” 
“We have to go. We might be late.” Jiyong bid goodbye while Dara waved at them. 

 

I wanted to punch that reporter who asked that stupid question. Of course Tae heard it and though he’s still a little kids of course he’s going to ask about that. GAAAH!!! I hate this damn paparazzis for meddling to much with my family! Though I’m still pissed off that the reporter asked that question the same thing made me think where do I go from here. 

How long will this hibernation last again? It was true that while I was in Jiyong’s arms I didn’t want to leave. But half of me wanted to go back to New York and run from it all. Am I really here in New York because of my job, and that I want to find my old self again? Or am I here because I want to run away from everything that happened to me in Korea? 

Could it be that I knew all along what to do but I wanted to run as far as I could from Jiyong? 

May passed by like the wind. I was busy with the preparations for the launching of Vita Dolce in New York. The girls would fly back and forth to help out on the preparations for the opening. Jiyong was busy with his One of A Kind concert that we seldom talk to each other.  Often times it were just text messages saying Good Morning and then Good Night. 

I was busy with work that I didn’t even notice the effect that was causing to me or to our kids. For me, it’s as if I can live a day even without talking to him where as before I need to hear his voice to be able to sleep or wake up. Now, I don’t feel pain, but I don’t miss him too. 

 

“Tae, I need to talk to you for awhile.” Dara said calling on her eldest. 

Taehyun who was playing with his toys on the lounge stood up and rand towards the table where his mom was. 

“Ok, So I need to go to Paris on the 25th…” she wasn’t even finished to what she was going to say but her son beat her to it. 

“So Me, Hana and Minho are going back home?” Tae asked. 

“Yes but it’s only for awhile.” Dara explained. 

“Ok.” Taehyun answered as if not caring and wanted to go back to his toys. 

“Ok? Are you sure it’s ok?” Dara asked. Usually Taehyun would force her to come with them or ask why she wasn’t going with them or why isn’t Daddy staying with them.

“Yeah. It’s always like that. We’re getting used to it Mom.” Taehyun said not even looking at his mother.

 

What my son said just gave me goose bumps. I kept focused about myself about how I am improving with my career and how I am slowly gaining myself back that I was forgot about how our temporary separation was affecting my kids. I looked at Taehyun who was playing with his cars whil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter