Chapter 47

Love, Lust, Lies : A diary of a broken wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Mommy!!!!!” Hana screamed from her room. “HELP MOMMY!!!!” 

Dara was at her home office when she heard the screaming, she dashed going to her daughter’s room skipping two steps going up the staircase. 

“HANA!” Dara barged inside her daughter’s room and pouted. 

Jiyong, Hana and Taehyun were on the floor playing while Baby Minho was in his baby seat laughing at his dad and brother and sister.  Jiyong was holding Hana while Taehyun kept on tickling his little sister. 

“MOMMY!!! HELP MOMMY!” Hana giggled, her face was red from laughing. 

“Aigoo… you guys! You scared me! I thought something bad happened!” Dara said sitting on the floor joining her family. Hana ran and sat beside Dara while Jiyong winked discretely at Taehyun. Their next target is Dara, suddenly Taehyun hugged Dara and showered her with kisses while Jiyong and Hana started tickling Dara. 

“Stop it!” Dara said trying to catch her breath. She was laughing so hard but Jiyong and the kids won’t stop tickling her. Baby Minho suddenly screamed and then laughed and then said “MAMAMAMA!” while clapping his hands. 

The whole family suddenly froze in whatever position they were in and stared at Minho. The baby on the other hand giggled again and said “MAMA!” then clapped his hand again. 

“HEY! MINHO SAID MAMA!” Hana exclaimed looking at Dara and then Jiyong. 

“YEAH! He did didn’t he?” Taehyun said suddenly lunging at his dad and started tickling him. Hana joined his brother by showering kisses at Jiyong so that he won’t be able to stop Taehyun. 

Dara got baby Minho out of his baby seat and he started saying “MAMA!” while looking at Dara. 

“That’s right hon, I’m mama.” Dara smiled. 

It was the first time after for how long did I laugh that hard with my family again. It’s been so long since our house was filled with the kid’s laughter and screams. It’s been awhile since we were a family bonding in the afternoon. Seems like the old days. Back when Taehyun was the only child and Jiyong and I would set a time every week and just bond with him. We’ve been caught up with our busy lives that we seem to forget that the kids are growing up fast so we better make the most out of it. 

I looked at my family Hana was laughing as she showers Jiyong with kisses while Taehyun tried his best to tickle him. Jiyong enjoying every moment he was spending with the kids. 


The following day Dara went back to work because it was her monthly meeting with the girls. She wanted to hear how Vita Dolce was doing in New York and also Seoul. By the end of the year they’ll be opening another store in Japan that’s why they will be busy busy busy. 

Sohee just finished her status report when Dara decided to ask her friends about something she had been thinking after Sohee knocked some senses unto her. 

“I’ve been thinking.” Dara suddenly spoke. Minzy who was suppose to do her status report next sat down again and they all stared at Dara who was checking on some financial statement. 

“Since Kwon Publishing is now a really stable company. Our magazine is really doing well. Vita Dolce here is a blockbuster and New York’s sales exceeded our target. I was thinking you guys don’t need to be closely monitored anymore. That maybe I could lie low from work a little and let you guys run the company now.” Dara said putting down the documents and then looked at the four girls staring back at her. 

“Are you saying what I think you’re saying?” Bom asked staring at her sister. 

Puzzled Dara asked her sister. ‘What do you think I’m saying?” 

Bom rolled her eyes and sighed “Are you quitting?” 

“No. No. Of course not! I’m too young to quit. I’m just saying I don’t have to be in the office everyday anymore. I can work at home anyways. It’s just that I want to be home when Jiyong’s on break from touring.” Dara revealed to them. 

The girls smiled warmly. Finally their Unnie has come to her senses. 

“CL will take full responsibility of Kwon Publishing and Vita Dolce Inc. when I’m not here. Sohee for Vita Dolce in Korea and Bommie still for Vita Dolce New York, and Minzy I want you to train yourself now because you will be handling Vita Dolce Tokyo.” Dara appointed one by one. “Final decisions will still be made by me especially critical decisions that need to be made.” 

“Unnie…” Bom pouted in front of her sister. “Can I quit when you’re gone? I won’t have a social life if CL takes over.” 

CL playfully slapped her arm. “YAH! What are you talking about you’re the workaholic not me!” 

“I’m happy for you Dara! Of course you can do whatever you want it is your company!” Sohee said ignoring CL and Bom who kept nudging each other. 

“I actually want to thank you Sohee.” Dara said reaching out her hand to Sohee. “If it weren’t for you who kept slapping me, I wouldn’t be able to see that my ego was eating too much of me already.” 

Sohee smiled        and took Dara’s hand. “It was nothing. You and Jiyong are both stubborn and won’t listen until brutally hurt.” 

Dara giggled. “Ugh this is too mushy for me! Can we please have enough of the drama in this group!” Bom blurted. 


When Jiyong decided to leave Big Bang and quit in being an idol he did it without a doubt in his heart just so our family would be ok again. Ever since our marriage, it has always been like that. Jiyong has always given way for me to do whatever I want to. It was my turn now to give way. Jiyong and music are inseparable. Like what Sohee pointed out before making music is attached to Jiyong’s soul. That’s why I stopped him before he could announce it during the encore of his finale concert. Jiyong quitting on making music is like killing him softly and I can’t do that. I can’t deprive the one person I want to spend forever with, of his happiness. 

 

“I was thinking.” Jiyong suddenly broke the silence in Teddy’s studio room. “It’s been awhile since we went camping.” 

Seungri and Daesung high-fived upon hearing the world camping. “PERFECT! Top Hyung I know now what to do with the favor you asked from us.” Yongbae told Top.

 

Just like the old days the gang went on a camping trip but this time the kids tagged along.  Being with the gang like this made me remember a lot of things. I watched as the kids played with their aunties and uncles. I watched how we all have grown up. How we were different persons from the teenagers who ran away from their busy schedules and sat around the bonfire to laugh.

 

“Hey mommy what are you doing here?” Jiyong asked Dara who was a bit far from where the group were.

“Watching.” Dara smiled as her husband sat beside her. “Look, we’ve all changed.”

Jiyong looked at what Dara was watching. The gang was by the bonfire, Yongbae was playing the guitar singing to Sohee. Seungri , Daesung were grill

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter