Chapter 10

Love, Lust, Lies : A diary of a broken wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Before getting married my parents helped me put up my own publishing house. My dad said that since I’m going to get married now it’s something for me to get busy with and take less of modeling jobs out of the country. Jiyong told me I can still model though, and I can still go out of the country, but at least with my own publishing company, I’d be able to slow down and focus on being a wife. 

We got married in March 2008. The Kwons paid for everything and I had the dream wedding every girl wanted. Not to mention I also had the prince charming waiting for me on the end of the aisle. 

I thought that was already their gift to us but they also bought us a brand new house. No, not an apartment, but a house, with a tall gate covering the house inside, with a garden, garage, swimming pool, 4 bedrooms, a maid’s quarter, a music studio for Jiyong and an office for me. 

My parents gift to us were cars. Yes, they bought both me and Jiyong two cars. Extravagant right? Well yeah, but then YG was our principal sponsor in the wedding and he gave us an all expense trip to Bora Bora. Indeed I was living a life fit for a queen. 

Married life was blissful. My husband who was workaholic started going home early. As long as his schedule permits he makes it a point that he is in time for dinner. We have date nights and sometimes the members and the girls hang out in our place for barbecue or DVD nights. 

Kwon Publishing was slowly going up and our K magazine was starting to get known. Big names of different brands are asking for slots in our issues. Call it conflict of interest but Jiyong was helping me in keeping in touch with the idols so we can feature them in the magazines. CL and I get invited more often to watch different fashion shows now thanks to the magazine. CL was also working for me at the publishing now, but we were still modeling though. 

 I get the best of both worlds, you might say. Jiyong on the other hand was busy with Big Bang promotions. Their new single was soaring high on every music charts and my husband couldn’t be any happier. 

“Dara, are you ok?” CL asked we were discussing details for next month’s issue. 

I was feeling nauseous and I was having one of my hyper acidity moments again. I’ve been going through my hyper acidity for weeks now actually. 

“Yeah, I guess I just lack sleep. I kept worrying about the magazine and then we have that fashion show next week, not to mention I’m preparing for Jiyong’s party tomorrow.” Dara answered massaging her forehead. 

“I told you to have that hyper acidity checked Dara!” CL reprimanded. 

“Yeah I did yesterday; I’m dropping by the doctor’s clinic for my results before meeting up with the caterer’s.” Dara explained. 

“I’ll come with you.” CL volunteered packing up her things. 

“Ani. I’ll be fine. Go home.” Dara objected standing up and started to pack up her things too. 





The next day was a busy day for me. I’ve been running errands from here to there making sure everything was perfect for Jiyong’s party. I barely saw my husband get off for work and we only have a few minutes to talk when he arrived that night as he was always kidnapped by our guests. 

“Oh Dara! The place looks wonderful! You really are good at preparing for events like this!!” Jiyong’s mom praised Dara. The Kwons and the Parks are all seated in one table, Big Bang and the girls in another. Jiyong on the other hand has been table hopping chatting with the guests. 

All the visitors were in awe of the work Dara has done to their house for the party. The road from the entrance of their gate up to the front of their house was filled with lights. The lights from the house were all lit up.  The party venue was at the back of the house, there were floating candles on the swimming pool, tables surrounded the swimming and the whole backyard was also filled with lights. A small stage was built for the DJ and whoever wants to sing or what and all of these were prepared by Dara herself. 

“Aww… Thanks Omma.” Dara said feeling relieved smiling at her mother-in-law. 

Then servers were distributing champagne glasses for the guests and the time has now arrived for Yongbae’s birthday toast for Jiyong. 

“None for me.” Dara said smiling at the server. 

“Are you alright sweetie? You look pale.” Mrs. Park asked concerned about her daughter. 

“Ahem, good evening everyone! Before we proceed with the blowing of the candles, I would like to propose a toast.” Yongbae said who was now standing at the stage holding a glass of champagne. “To my friend, Jiyongie, seems like yesterday we were just kids running around the hallways of YG, bringing water bottles to Se7en Hyung, and now you are the mighty G-dragon of Big Bang and married to a very beautiful wife. May you have more blessings, good health, successful career, unlimited strength to lead our group, and a wonderful married life. Cheers!” 


“Cheers!” The guests said raising their glasses as well. 

Jiyong went up the stage and hugged his friend. 

“Thank you! But please don’t finish up your drinks yet for I have another toast to make.” Jiyong said waving his hand to the guest. “Before the party started, I just learnt from my lovely wife, that I am going to be a father.” 

“awww!” the guests applauded at the same time. 

“Omo!” CL, Bom, Minzy and Sohee exclaimed at the same time while the boys whistled and cheered on their mighty leader. 

“Congratulations sweetheart!” The Kwons and the Parks said getting excited. 

“To my lovely wife who is my inspiration, I must have saved a whole country in my past life to deserve someone like you Dara. Thank you. You have always been beautiful in my eyes but today you were even more. I love you! Cheers!” Jiyong said raising his glass and drinking his champagne. 

Months have passed and Jiyong was so helpful with my pregnancy. A lot of adjustments were made, Big Bang move to another dorm which was literally 2 minutes away from us, so they are near each other. Most of the time the boys hang out our house so Jiyong was just close to me in case of emergencies. 

Either that or the boys just want to see the girls too.  Daesung and Yongbae have grew fond of Minzy, I think Bom and Top are going out, Seungri and CL, well I often see Seungri sad so I really don’t know. There are times when I’m not feeling well and I can’t go to work so I just do my work at home.  CL, stays with me everyday going back and forth from our house to the office.   

My mom and mother-in-law have been helping me with the different stage I’ve been going through while my dad and father-in-law keeps on buying stuff for the both the baby and me. 

It was especially funny when my due month came, I sometimes have cramps which often results to chaos within our household. When Jiyong is away for promotions some members of Big Bang and the girls would camp in our house and stay with me. 

March 2009 

“Make way! Make way!” Daesung shouted as the girls and Dara entered the hospital. 

“Noona sit here, sit here!”Seungri said raising his voice making everyone look at him. Daesung and Seungri is in absolute panic. Dara’s water broke and Jiyong was not in the house because Yongbae, Top and him needed to go to a schedule. 

“Will you guys calm down! You’re making Dara even more tensed!” CL said rolling her eyes on the boys. 

“Nurse! Nurse! She’s giving birth! Help!” Daesung said placing his hands on the shoulder of the first nurse he saw. 

“Sir, you have got to calm down. You’re now in a hospital, everything will be fine.” The nurse said trying to calm Daesung down, while Seungri kept glancing on his phone to Dara to his watch. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter