Chapter 18

Love, Lust, Lies : A diary of a broken wife
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After our hot and steamy love making with my husband we were both spent and dozed off to sleep. I woke up in the middle of the night only to find out that my husband is no longer beside me. I got up, put on my robe and decided to look for him thinking he might be hungry or something. Only, I wish I had never done that and just went back to sleep...

"Look! How many times do I have to tell you to stop calling me, especially now that my wife is back!" Dara overheard Jiyong talking to someone on his mobile phone. She was about to get out of their room but she stopped when she heard Jiyong whispering on the hallway. "I don't understand  why it's so difficult for you to understand that. My wife and I just patched things up so just stop calling before she ends up getting mad at me again!!!"

Dara covered with her hand not believing what she was hearing. What does he mean by me getting mad at him again? Why would I get mad at him? Dara's heart beat raced she slowly opened the door and saw Jiyong with his back facing her. "Babe?"

Jiyong startled by Dara turned pale upon turning around and facing his wife. "Babe? How long have you been there?"

"I just got out, I woke up without you beside me I thought you got hungry. Then I heard a voice at the hallway. Is everything alright? Who was that on the phone?" Dara lied, pretending she didn't hear a thing he said, trying to see if he's going to tell the truth.

"It's just Seungri." Jiyong shook his head. Dara's heart froze. He lied.

"Seungri?" Dara glanced at the wallclock. "Did something happened? Why would Seungri be calling at 3:30am?" 

"Just hyped up with the barbecue party tomorrow." Jiyong lied again. Dara was about to ask something again but then Hana started crying.

"I'll get it, you take a rest babe, you must be tired from your flight." Jiyong said kissing Dara at the forehead and headed to Hana's nursery.

I went back to our room and lied down on our bed with my head filled with questions and my heart palpitating as if it wants to get out of my body. My husband decided to lie to me. After 4 years of marriage I began to feel something I have never felt before. Suspicion.

 

"Auntie Bom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Uncle TOP won't stop spitting water at me!!!!!" Taehyun screamed running towards Bom and hiding behind her while TOP runs towards them.

"SEUNGHYUN-AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Bom screamed transforming into the Bomminator. TOP suddenly halted, not knowing what to do with the water in his mouth he had no choice but to swallow it.

"YAH! Look at what you made me do! I swallowed the tap water!!!" Top said pointing at Bom.

"TCH! You're the Uncle and yet you're not setting a good example for the kid!!!" Bom said pinching TOP on the side.

"AAAHHHH! That hurt!" Top pouted and walked towards where Seungri, Teddy and Jiyong were.

"Seunghyun Oppa is such a baby!" Minzy gigled.

 

Everyone was now at the Kwons for the barbecue party. The girls are chilling by the pool while the guys are drinking beer while cooking at the barbecue grill. Dara who was still feeling uneasy with what happened last night was with CL helping their cook, prepare mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables. When the doorbell rang.

"Did you invite someone else Unnie?" CL asked Dara while reading a magazine.

"YAH! You're supposed to be helping us with the vegetables! Uhmmm not that I remember.. oh yeah, Kiko, the friend of the boys." Dara said focusing on her mashed potatoes. "The mashed potatoes all done now. How about the vegetables?"

"They've been ready for 5 minutes now." CL said still flipping on the magazine. The cook was now transferring the mashed potatoes to a bigger bowl to be served outside when the butler came and called for their attention.

"Mam, Ms. Kiko Mizuhara." the butler informed Dara. The two girls turned and saw Kiko standing by the entrance of the kitchen.

"Kiko! I'm glad you could make it. CL, this is Kiko. Kiko meet CL she's my Executive Vice Pres." Dara introduced them and the two ladies exchanged pleasantries.

"I think I've worked with you before." CL said trying to remember where while Kiko looked around.

Dara gave one plate of steamed vegetable to the cook and asked her to take it out on the backyard while one plate she gave to CL. 

"Need help?" Kiko asked reaching out her hands to help carry the other bowl of mashed potatoes.

Dara smiled at her. "Come on, let's go at the back and meet everyone, although I must warn you our family is far from ordinary."

"It's like having 100 boys running around playing." CL agreed as the three of them stepped out on the backyard.

"Hey you guys! Look who came!" Dara called for the gang and as soon as the boys turned Jiyong's eyes grew wide while Seungri turned pale.

"Oh ." Seungri muttered while Jiyong froze in his location.

"Kiko? What are you doing here?" Sohee asked wondering what she was doing on a private gathering.

"Uhmm Dara-shii invited me." Kiko smiled and sat between Sohee and Bom and then greeted Taehyun. "Hi. What's your name?"

"I'm Taehyun. How about you?" the boy asked curious on who the new face was. 

"My name is Kiko. How are you?" Kiko answered smiling and ruffling Taehyun's hair but got shocked when Taehyun slapped her hand.

"Tae! That's rude!" Bom reprimanded him but the kid just ran towards his mom who was fixing the lunch table with CL and the maid. "Biyane, Kiko-shii, Tae doesn't like strangers but he'll get warm to you once he get to spend more time with you."

Kiko smiled at Bom and then turned her gaze to where the boys were. She saw Jiyong looking awkward in being at the same location with both her and his wife. That's right Jiyong. I told you I won't back down.

"Everyone! lunch time!" CL called, Daesung and Yongbae placed 3 plates full of barbecued meat on the table.

Taehyun sat between his dad and mum while the others find their places. Seungri had to sit down near Jiyong to shield him in case Kiko has plans. His heart beat was now racing and his mind was here and there not knowing what to do. Kiko on the other hand sat between Daesung and Minzy.

"Ok. Tae, lead the prayer." Jiyong asked his son and they all held hands. 

"Thank You for the food that we are about to eat. Thank You for the blessing of family. Thank You because Auntie Bom stopped Uncle Top from spitting at me. Amen." Taehyun prayed while the others smiled at his cuteness.

After a few minutes of exchanging plates, foods, drinks, utensils the gang has settled down and was happily eating their lunch.

"Dara-shii, what a lovely house you've got not to mention complete. a pool, a huge garage, half-basketball court. The Kwons must be doing really good huh? How much did you pay for these huge piece of land?" Kiko asked while munching on her vegetables.

Jiyong was all tensed up he couldn't focus on anything but watching out on what Kiko has planned. "This was a gift from Jiyong's parents. And then we thought we want our house to be a place where we can enjoy doing stuff so we decided to put a pool, then Jiyong thought why not put a half basketball court so he and the boys can do something while hanging out. Jiyong has his studio here, I have an office the kids have their playrooms,we have a movie room."

"Wow. Lovely."Kiko said smiling at her. "I was just wondering with all of you being busy you really have the time to swim or play ball or do you usually just sleep here?" 

"Well, to tell you the truth I have never really seen this house without people. When Jiyong and I are out either the girls or the boys are here hanging out playing with the kids." Dara told her while the others are still busy eating.

"Seungri, you're not eating are you alright?" Top asked noticing Seungri being pale and not touching his food.

"Yes, I guess the heat of the grill got into me." Seungri lied while CL looked at him wondering what's up.

"Are we late?" Se7en asked entering the backyard with Byul in tow.

"HYUNG!" Jiyong exclaimed standing up and greeting Se7en and Byul. "Nope. Just in time we just started come, sit."

"Dara we brought pies I gave it to your cook." Byul said

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter