Krystal's past (part one)

Hidden Feelings

Amber POV:

"What do you mean not human?" I asked curiously. I shifted uncomfortably in my seat and waited for the answer.

"I-I can't remember what exactly happened to me, all I know is that I need blood to survive. Or that’s what I was told when I woke up. All I can remember is waking up in a dark room not knowing who or what I was. I don't remember my past life or anything that has to do with me being human. All I remember is him." Krystal suddenly stopped and took a deep breath. I looked over at her to see her gripping her hands into fists as her knuckles slowly turned white.

"Him?" I asked carefully trying not to upset her.

"The man who turned me. I never knew his name but his face is forever burned into my memory. He took everything away from me. Any chance if a future or happiness. He took me as his own away from my family and friends and He eventually forced me to work for him as one of the es..." I looked up at her in surprise. For some reason my heart ached hearing that from her. Knowing how hurt she must have been and how helpless she was made listening to her story hard. I let her continue trying to control my anger for both our sakes.

"After a while I got tired of being used like that so I-I stood up for myself." She stuttered.

"How did you get away?"

"I killed him Amber." She paused taking another deep breath.

"One night I went into his room alone to have a talk and when he started touching me I couldn't handle it anymore. I grabbed what ever was on the table and I smashed it into his head as hard as I could. He was a lot stronger than I was, I mean he did turn me after all. After a while he grew tired so I took the chance to over power him and I ended up stabbing through the heart with a letter opener. At the time it was the only way out I didn't have a choice. I didn't realize how powerful he was until I found myself fighting just to live another day. He was heavily involved with the drug and human trafficking in the area so I made a lot of enemy's that night. I ended up at Nox's and I have been there ever since."

            "Nox?" I looked up seeing her move closer to me.

"They protect people like me. They keep me safe for the right price of course. When ever they move I move with them. I have lived everywhere and anywhere with Nox. From the countryside to the big cities."

"Doesn't that get tiring after a while?"

"It does but it's worth being able to sleep safely don't you think?" Krystal said giggling slightly. I shrugged my shoulders and kept talking just to fill in the empty spaces.

 "How do you pay for the protection?"

"The only way I know how." She said shrugging her shoulders slightly and looking down almost in shame. I stiffened at her answer. The thought of people using Krystal like that made my blood boil. I took a deep breath and suppressed the urge to shift. Krystal noticed the reaction and smiled sadly at me. "Don't worry no human man could ever hurt me." I just nodded slightly as I jumped up on to my feet. I stretched carefully and shook the anger away. I focused on Krystal. My eyes carefully followed every curve and line that made up subtle figures of her face. I traced the tip of her nose down to the curve of her bottom lip with my eyes. I carefully looked up to see her smiling at my actions. I felt the blush creep up my cheeks as I stuttered trying to find a reason for staring at her. She just chuckled slightly and pulled me back on the floor to join her.

"How does it feel? To- to well..." I trailed off.

"To sell myself? I just don't think about it anymore. It's only a job and the means nothing to me." Krystal answered bluntly as she looked up at me and rested her head gently on my shoulder. I decided to end the conversation there. I just wrapped my arm around Krystal trying to keep her warm from the cold winds that pulled and tugged at the both of us.

Krystal POV:

 We sat in silence as I tried to find my words again. I felt the warmth come from Amber's body and for once I felt safe somewhere other than Nox. I rested my head against her and closed my eyes trying to lose myself in the moment. Amber started playing with my hair gently pushing it away from my face giving her a clear view of my eyes, which were locked on the floor. I looked up at Amber and smiled slightly. I slowly moved to trace the necklace that was covered by her black shirt. I looked her in the eyes as I slowly pulled the bottle charm from its hiding place. She looked at me as I rotated the bottle slowly examining the ashes.

"Why do you keep this?" I asked quietly looking up at her slightly.

"It reminds me to never stop looking for her killer. It reminds me I have to be strong to protect the things and people I care about. It reminds me I'm never alone." She looked back at me and gently took the bottle from my hands and returned it back under her shirt where it belonged. I nodded slightly and started thinking.

"Sometimes it's better to be alone though. Then you can't hurt anyone and no one could hurt you." I whispered thinking about Sulli. I lifted my hands to the sides of my head trying to block out her voice that echoed through my head.

"Great Krystal now your going to have to tell her about me and she like everyone else will leave you." Sulli's voice echoed through my head. I just shook my head trying to ignore it. Amber tightened her arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer. I looked up to see her shaking slightly. I carefully lifted myself up slightly. Her eyes had already started to change to a bright blue I slowly caressed her cheek softly. She looked down at me as her eyes changed back, growing darker by the second. She slowly moved so I was sitting in her lap I buried my face into her shoulder as she held me tightly to her chest. I listened to her breathing slow down as I felt her body relax slightly.

"Would you rather be alone?" Amber asked as brushed a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Sometimes. Just so I won't hurt people." I explained as I looked away. The truth was I hated being alone. I hated the sharp silence that always echoed through my room. I hated not working only because it was a reminder that I didn't have anyone I could even call a friend.

"Who would you hurt Krystal?" "I hurt her." I said firmly.

"I hurt the only person ever to love me."

"Who?"

"Sulli."

"Who?" Amber asked again confused. I sighed slightly and tried to figure out where to start. 

Amber POV:

Krystal paused for a moment.

"S-she was my girlfriend." She said softly trying to hide her blush. I looked at her in surprise and encouraged her to continue.

"Girlfriend?" I questioned.

"Yeah she was the cutest thing ever. She always was smiling or laughing and she made each day brighter. I even moved out of Nox to be with her." She said sadly. I smiled slightly hearing the way Krystal talked about Sulli.

"What happened to her?"

"S-she died." She stuttered trying to get the words out. I tensed up and tried to find something to say. Seeing me struggle Krystal continued.

"One day I came home and she was bleeding out on the kitchen floor. I hadn't eaten anything that day so the smell of blood set me off into a frenzy. She was still alive when I got home and I killed her. If I had brought her to the hospital she might have made it." She said angrily. I tensed back up and looked her in the eye.

"You did all you could. I'm sure Sulli understands, I mean she loved you right? She had to know what was happening." I said trying to comfort Krystal who was trying her hardest to suppress the tears from over flowing.

"No, it's my fault I killed her and now I let myself love another. I thought I learned my lesson." She laughed as she clinged to me tighter. The silence between us grew as I thought of what to say. What could I say? That I wished it was me?

"Who ever you love is lucky Krystal. I'm sure now you will be able to protect who ever the lucky human is." I sighed slightly. For some reason I thought that this could be more than just a friendship. But if Krystal already loved another I would back off. Just seeing her today and hearing her laugh would be enough for me. When I was with Krystal I wasn't the freak girl who shifted into a jungle cat or the tomboy who everyone thought was a guy. I was just Amber and to me she was just Krystal. Krystal who could make my worries and troubles disappear with just the sound of her teasing voice. The girl who made my heart race with one touch and who was on my mind most of the time. I had never felt this way about anyone. It was strange that anyone could open me up like Krystal could. Some how the words just flowed easier. I could talk to her without having to edit what was on my mind. I never saw myself liking anyone like this let alone a vampire girl. Never thought I would play this part in a teenage paranormal romance novel. I didn't like her, I loved her and would do anything I could for her. To me the fact that she killed wasn't important to me. It scared me. It should matter to me it should make me want to distance myself from her as much as possible but I couldn't see myself apart from her for more than a week.

"The person I love isn't human." She whispered clutching a fist full of my shirt in each of her hands. I stared at her surprised wondering who it could be.

"Does this person live at Nox with you?" I asked curiously. I wondered if there were any shape shifters at Nox. Krystal shook her head violently and chuckled a little.

"You really don't get it don't you?" She said smiling looking up at me. I looked back at her puzzled trying to figure out her words.

"So who do you like?" I felt so stupid as the words spilled out. What were we? Middle schoolers?

"I like this amazing girl who makes me feel safer than ever. She gives me something to think about and is the reason I'm still here and not holed up in my room somewhere. She fills my stomach with butterflies and when I'm near her my heart beats faster. With her I can be just Krystal." She said blushing trying to keep the eye contact between us.

Krystal POV:

 How could she not get this. Couldn't she see I was describing her exactly? I tried to find more words to try to hint that the mystery girl was in fact her. Amber looked at me puzzled still obviously not knowing. I sighed and smiled slightly.

"I like you dork." I said blushing. I immediately hid my face into her shoulder not wanting to see her reaction. I felt her tense up as she processed what the words meant. She leaned back to look at me and once she did I could see the blush grow across her cheeks at a rapid pace. She stuttered for a moment not knowing what to say.

"M-me?" She questioned once she found her words.

"Y-yeah." I answered as I felt my cheeks growing hot. She smiled and just pulled me closer to her. I listened as her heartbeat matched up with mine and I smiled. We sat there in silence for a while not knowing what to do. Eventually Amber cleared and broke the silence.

"K-Krystal? C-can I ask you something?" Amber asked nervously. I looked at her puzzled and nodded.

"Ask away," I answered shortly as I nuzzled back into Amber shoulder.

"C-can I k-kiss you?" She said blushing trying to figure out if it was worth it to ask. I giggled softly and leaned up to peck her lip. She looked at me in surprise as put lips parted.

"You don't have to ask silly." Amber grinned and pulled me closer to her.

"Good." She mumbled as she kissed me again. 

============================================================================================================

Hey guys! Im back from my two week vacation and im back with more updates! 

Please comment below if you have any suggestions! 

Thank you all for reading!