calm before the storm

Hidden Feelings

Krystal POV:

            I smiled after Amber and I’s amazing anniversary day. I ran into the bakery making it to work just on time. I was greeted as usual by Kai as I made my way to the back room to change into my uniform.

            “Hey Krystal! How was the anniversary?” Kai asked as he moved the trays of decorated cupcakes around in the glass display cases.

            “It was great! She surprised me with an amazing picnic dinner and after we stayed over at her place. She lit candles all over the apartment and it was wonderful.” I said happily as I gathered all my hair into a ponytail. Kai just nodded a little and focused on work. The day passed on as usual and at 6 pm exactly Amber walked into the bakery to pick me up and take me home.

            Today Amber walked in with two unfamiliar boys. I looked at her questioningly as she lead the boys up to the counter to look at all the sweets. The taller almost blonde one smiled friendly at me as he looked through the many display cases. The shorter blonde one stayed behind talking to Amber smiling.

            “Hey baby,” she cooed as she leaned over the counter to kiss my cheek. I blushed and glanced at the two strangers grinning at Amber’s action.

            “Hey Kitty, did you make new friends on your way here today?” I asked jokingly.

            “Naw, these are my new co-workers! Now I don’t have to spend all day at the coffee shop alone,” Amber said happily. I smiled and waved at them.

            “So to get to know them you brought them here right?” I asked curiously. Amber nodded. “you know I could have worked at the shop to keep you company kitty.”

            “Yeah but if you did princess we would never get any work done,” Amber said before she waved the guys over to meet me.

            “Hello! My name is Henry it’s nice to meet you!” the shorter one said cheerfully. I smiled and bowed politely to him.

            “Hello, my name is Krystal, its nice to meet you too! Would you like anything today?” I said motioning to the display cases Kai just filled. Henry nodded and grinned as he looked at the neatly placed sliced pieces of cake. He eventually stopped and picked a slice of strawberry shortcake I made this morning. Henry then pulled on the other boys arm and brought him to the counter to introduce him-self to me.

            “Hey, my name is Kris, can I have a piece of tiramisu please?” he asked. I nodded and carefully took the slices of cake out if the display counter and an extra piece of cheesecake for Amber and I to share. Kai smiled as I passed him with the tray to deliver the cake to Amber and I’s usual table. Kris started to take his card out of his wallet but Kai just waved it away.

            “It’s on the house,” Kai said smiling as Kris walked to the table as I set the cake down on the table. I looked at him questioningly knowing that Kai would pay for it himself.

            “Kai that’s alright I’ll pay for them,” Amber said holding out her card for Kai. Kais shrugged his shoulders and took Ambers card to charge her. I smiled and set the slices of cake in front of Henry and Kris. Once Amber paid she came over and took a seat next to me.

            “So this is your girl,” Kris said smirking. “She is too good for you,” Amber playfully hit Kris’s shoulder and took a bite of her cheesecake.

            “Naw they are perfect together,” Henry said taking a bite of his cake. He smiled widely and quickly took a second bite.

            “Wow this is really good,” Henry said looking over his shoulder at Kai.

            “Actually that is one of Krystal’s cakes, she started baking this morning and she is getting really good at it,” Kai replied smiling at me from behind the counter.

            “You moved on from decorating? That’s great Princess!” Amber said before she pecked my lips.

            “Yeah that was my first cake,” I said proudly as Amber fed me a bite of cheesecake. “And this was my second cake…I hope it tastes right.” Amber looked at me surprised and smiled at me.

            “Don’t worry baby, This is really good,” Amber said before she kissed me softly letting me taste the cake from her lips as I blushed in front of everyone. Once everyone was done with their cake I took the plates into the back room to be washed and I let Amber say goodbye to her new friends. Once everything was cleaned up I came back to re-join Amber so we could go home for the night.

            “Thanks for that Princess,” Amber said intertwining my fingers with hers.

            “For what kitty?”

            “For letting me use our cake time.”

            “You and your friends are always welcome here Kitty,” I said kissing her cheek to reassure her.

            “Alright, are you ready to head home Princess?” Amber said as she put on her jacket. I nodded and went back into the back room to change out of my uniform.

            “Yeah just give me a second,” I said as I packed up a couple extra cake slices for us to share later. “Bye Kai! See you tomorrow!” I said before I left hand in hand with Amber.

Amber POV:

            I held Krystal’s hand as we made our way back to her place. I was happy to spend some time alone because we missed our cake time together. Even though Henry and Kris were nice people I missed having our time at the bakery after work. I smiled as Krystal handed me the small little white box that was decorated with pink poka-dot knowing that it probably held samples of Krystal’s Amazing cakes.

            “Why so quiet Kitty?” Krystal questioned.

            “Nothing just thinking Princess,” I said shrugging my shoulders.

            “Thinking about what Kitty?” she asked cutely as we walked into Nox.

            “About my new co-workers,”

            “They are shifters aren’t they?” I looked back at her in surprise.

            “Yeah how did you know?” I questioned wondering how Krystal figured it out. The Nox guards checked me and then let me follow Krystal upstairs to the apartment.

            “It’s the way the act around you,” she said smiling.

            “Kris is a wolf and I still don’t know what Henry shifts into…” I said trailing off into thought trying to figure out what kind of shifter Henry could be. Krystal smiled again as she unlocked the door and let us into the apartment and closed the door.

            “Kitty I have something for you,” Krystal said holding something behind her back attempting to hide it from me. I smiled and stood in front of her trying to figure out what my Princess was hiding for me. One of her hands reached for the chain around my neck that held the bottle charm that held Nami’s ashes. She pulled the glass bottle out from my shirt and lifted the necklace over my head and let me see what was clenched in her hand. In the palm of her hand was a small metallic bullet shaped pendent. I watched as Krystal screwed off the top and handed me the two small pieces.

            “I thought that this might be better for carrying the ashes with you.” I smiled widely and walked over to the kitchen table with my Princess trailing behind me. I carefully pulled the top of the bottle off and transferred the ashes into the new metal container. I screwed the top on tightly and kiss Krystal softly. “Now they are safer, you don’t have to worry about them as much anymore,” Krystal said as she placed the necklace back around my neck.

            “Thank you Princess, I love it I really do,” I said as I wrapped my arms around Krystal’s small waist and kiss her cheek as a thank you.

            “No problem, I saw it as I was walking to work and thought of you. Now you don’t have to worry about the glass breaking.” I just smiled and took the bottle charm off the table and slipped it into my pocket without Krystal seeing. I looked at the bullet charm again and grinned at the small intricate butterfly that was carved into the metal. Krystal took out her necklace and held both of the charms in her hand.

            “Now we match Kitty,” Krystal said cutely. Krystal leaned in kissing me softly as I tightened my arms around my Princess closing all space between us.

            “Yes we do Princess, yes we do.” I smiled and nuzzled her nose with mine and kissed her once more being thankful for having such a perfect girl to call mine. 

=======================================================================================

SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT >< i am trying to get updates out faster... and i have the next one half written already so i hope it will come sooner than this one did... 

PLEASE comment if you have any sugestions (LIKE WHAT ANIMAL SHIFTER HENRY SHOULD BE) or a comment on the story in general... or just to say hi <3 

if you want to read more of my non fanfiction story check out my newst one little fox on tumblr <3 (PLEASE READ AND DROP BY MY ASK BOX) (Follow me on tumblr?) 

thank you so much for reading and suporting my story! i hope you guys liked this one! <3 

- Em