going through the motions

Hidden Feelings

Amber POV:

I sighed as I walked up to the hotel. Krystal gripped my hand tighter as we walked up the steps together. It was her first day of work back and we were both tense. Our days went on as normal, Krystal went to the bakery and I went to the coffee shop, but today after our normal cake time we both knew what was coming next.

“Are you sure you are alright with this Am?” Krystal asked on the steps of the hotel.

“It’s going to be ok Krystal everything is going to be ok.” I said not knowing if I was talking for Krystals sake or mine. Krystal just nodded and leaded me up the small steps to the huge glass doors.

“Okay I’ll see you after work alright?” Krys said before she leaned up to kiss my cheek.

“Okay I’ll be here at 12.” I said kissing Krystal’s forehead. She nodded and waved as I walked back down the steps alone. I tried to smile and seem happy for her but inside it killed me to leave her alone. I returned to the empty apartment and waited nervously for 12 to come. I cleaned the apartment and tried to make everything as perfect as it could be for Krys when she came back. I was used to being away from her during the day but for some reason now it felt strange being alone waiting for her to be ready to come home. I called Henry to try to keep my mind off the clock.

“Hey bro how are you?” I asked through the phone as I waited for his voice.

“I’m good just tired from work. How are you?” I asked trying to sound normal.

“I’m well, just worried about you though. I heard Krystal is quitting her job at the bakery… Kai told me… is there any reasons for that?” Henry asked concerned.

“Naw she just found a different job and it will be too hard for her to do both… Today was her last day at the bakery,” I sighed thinking about our usual daily routine and how it would be changed because of Krys’s new work and sleep schedules.

“Alright well I hope you are doing okay. I actually have to go now I have some things to do before work tomorrow. I’ll see you tomorrow at the shop!”  Henry said before hanging up leaving me with just the tick of the clock for company.

Krystal POV:

It was strange being back at work. Before the transition was easy and effortless, but now all I could think about was Amber. How she was waiting at home for me and how I missed her. As usual they started me off easy with only escorts and dates. I put on my fake smile and tried to aim to please. Victoria sat by my side at all times to make sure i was alright. Once the work day was finally over I packed up my stuff and ran out of the hotel as fast as I could. As promised Amber stood out in front waiting for me with a smile on her face. I grinned and ran to her for comfort and we walked home together with our fingers intertwined together. We passed through the security at Nox as usual and we finally got up to our room. We crashed on the couch and just cuddled cooing about how we missed each other.

“How was work?” Amber said tensing slightly as the played with my hair and pulled it out of my eyes.

“It was alright. It’s always easy starting with just the dates and escorting.” I whispered into her shoulder as she shifted her weight under me trying to get more comfortable.  

“Oh…” she said not knowing what else to say. I looked up at her and kissed her softly trying to fill in the silence. Amber kissed me back and wrapped her arms around me tightly.

“We should go to bed soon Princess,”

“But Kitty I just got home!” I pouted trying to convince Amber to stay awake with me.

“Yeah but I have work in the morning remember Princess?” Amber chuckled as she kisses my cheek and carried me to bed. I nuzzled into her neck and sighed in defeat as we lay in bed.

“Are you sure you are ok with me working again?” I asked again for the millionth time. Amber just shrugged her shoulders and kissed my forehead softly.

“You need to do what you need to do Krys and no matter what that is i'll be here to support you.” She said tensing up. I nodded and rested my head on my Kitty’s chest listening to her heartbeat while we drifted to sleep.

Amber POV:

I woke from my sleep and slowly got out of bed trying not to wake Krystal up. She was sleeping so peacefully that I didn't want to disturb her slumber. I showered and made breakfast for both of us. Before I left the house I kissed Krystal softly before attaching a note to the small plate of breakfast I left for her.

Hey Princess I didnt want to wake you because of how cute you look. I know you need your rest so sleep up Krys. When you wake up you can come by the coffee shop if you want so I can take you to work <3 I love you Princess,

- Kitty

I locked the door behind me as I left the apartment and headed down stairs.

“Hey Amber!” One of the guards yelled before I could leave.  

“Yeah?” I asked turning around to look at the familiar face.

“Can you tell Krystal that her rent is due soon?” I tensed and nodded.

“Yeah sure I can.” I left before he could say anything else. I was happy for Krystal that she had a place that could keep her safe. I was happy that Krystal was comfortable here at Nox, but i hated how she had to earn her rent. She was mine and the thought of anyone else touching her, kissing her, made my blood boil. I tried to pretend to be happy that Krystal was going back to work. I tried to be a supportive girlfriend and smile when I was supposed to but it killed me inside. What was worst was that it seemed not to affect Krystal at all. It was nothing to her. the fact that she wanted it to be normal to me hurt. I quickly got to the coffee shop just as Kris and Henry unlocked the doors.

“Hey are you ok?” Kris asked as I ran behind the counter.

“I’ll be alright. Just got something on my mind.” I muttered as I started preparing for the morning rush.

“Do you want to talk about it?”

“Naw its ok guys really I’m fine,” I said trying to hide the pain. They both nodded and got back to work. This is how it had to be, I thought to myself this is how we had to live. I sighed thinking about Krystal and just went through the motions of the day.

======================================================================================================================

I AM SO SO SO SO SORRY FOR THE SUPER LATE UPDATE >< 

my computer hard drive crashed and so i had to get a new one... with the crash of my hard drive i lost alot of college application work so i have been making it up! 

I will try to get back to updating regularly but until i finish applying to college >< (which should be next weekend) 

For some of you who dont know i also started writing one shots! umm they will all be kryber and the first one will be posted late this month or will be early next year! >< I AM SO SORRY AGAIN FOR THE LATE UPDATE 

Please comment below if you like the story or just want to say hi! 

follow me on tumblr

one shots? Once a moth