back to work?

Hidden Feelings

Krystal POV:

            After that day it was a habit that Amber, Henry and Kris would stop by the bakery after work. Everyday Kai taught me how to make new and different types of cakes. I loved going to work at the bakery everyday. It made me feel important knowing that everyday I would learn something new. Even though I loved the bakery job I knew it was only at matter of time before I had to return to my old job. I hated the idea of having to sell myself again but soon I would need to, otherwise I would have to move out of Nox. I had no idea how I was going to tell Amber.

            “Hey I think I’m going to see Victoria today,” I said as Amber and I were getting dressed, both of us knowing I had the day off.

            “Tell her I say hello alright?” Amber said before she kissed my cheek and left for work. I took the cupcakes I took home yesterday out of the fridge and left for the hotel that was all too familiar to me. before I knew it I was at the double doors looking inside to the loby. As I passed through the heavy glass doors I was greeted by all the regular workers who ere surprised to see me back so early in the year.

            “Is Victoria in today?” I asked the man at the front desk carefully.

            “Yeah she just went on break. You can see her in the back room now if you want Krystal,” the man said holding the backdoor open for me. I bowed my head showing my thanks. I searched the room for Victoria and say her sitting in the corner at her makeup table getting ready for the next customer.

            “Hey Victoria!” I said as I sat beside her at the small lit up table. She smiled and hugged my tight.

            “I haven’t seen you in a while! How have you been?” Victoria asked as she put her make up brushes down.

            “I have been well, I just wanted to check up on you. How have you been? Still seeing Donghae?”

            “Yeah I am,” Victoria blushed and continued. “I have been alright work is work but I am really lucky to have met a guy like Donghae. What about you? Are you still with that girl? What’s her name again? Amber?”

            “Yes Amber and I have been together for about three months now.” I said running my fingers over the small butterfly that hung around my neck.

            “Wow that long? How does she feel about you coming back to work?”

            “We haven’t talked about it yet,” I said sighing. “That’s actually why I came to see you today. How did Donghae react? How did you know where to start with telling him what you did?” Victoria paused a moment to think before she continued.

            “I told him about Nox and he knew I needed to do this to be able to be protected so since I cant quit Donghae has started helping me with the rent so I wont have to work so long anymore.”

            “Wow that’s great Vic!” I congratulated her thinking about my own relationship.

            “Don’t worry Krystal, Amber will understand. From what I have heard about her she seems like she would accept you no matter what.” I shrugged my shoulders hoping Victoria was right. “Anyway you don’t have to start working for another month or so right? So you have plenty of time to tell her.”

            “Yeah, well I better go. I have to go pick up Amber at work, but here I brought these for you!” I said holding the small box if neatly decorated cupcakes to Victoria. She smiled and took the box from my hands.

            “Where did you get these?”

            “I made them at the bakery,” I said surprised.

            “you have a part time job?” Victoria asked surprised.

            “Yeah I got a job to try to make a little extra money, plus it keeps me busy while Amber is at work.”

            “That’s great! Well thank you for visiting, and Krystal please come by more often to visit me I miss you! But you better go now you don’t wanna keep Amber waiting,” she teased as she she pushed me towards the door. I waved goodbye and made my way to the coffee shop.

Amber POV:

            Of course, Kris was late again. Henry and I set up for the busy rush of the morning without him. After a while the crowd died down and Henry and I just sat there wondering where Kris could be. Eventually Kris walked in and passed both of us without a word and opened and shut the door to the backroom. Henry and I just kept working until there was no one left in the shop.

            “What’s wrong with him?” I asked Henry as we waited for some more customers to come in and order.

            “Probably just another bad morning,” Henry said shrugging his shoulders.

            “I am going to check on him alright?” Henry nodded as I went into the backroom to make sure Kris was alright.

            “Kris?” I asked not seeing him at first.

            “Yeah? Over here,” He murmured. I looked to the back corner where Kris was sitting.

            “You alright?”

            “Sure,” he said without turning to face me. he had something clutched in his palm. “Just a bad morning. Don’t worry about me Amber.”

            “Alright, when your ready come out to help henry and I…” Kris stayed seated and I just left the room to rejoin Henry. After a couple hours of no one in the shop I decided that I wanted to surprise Krystal. I knew she didn’t have work that day but that didn’t mean we couldn’t have cake like always.

            “Hey Henry cover me alright? Im going to go pick up something for Krystal and I want it to be a surprise…” Henry nodded and let me go. I walked quickly to the bakery hoping I could get back before Krystal came to pick me up from work.

            “Hey Kai,” I said as I walked into the bakery. Kai was surprised to see me and automatically looked for Krystal.

            “Hey… what are you doing here? I thought it was Krystal’s day off…”

            “It is I just came to pick up some cake to surprise her.” I said looking at the cakes available for today. Kai nodded and waited for me to pick which cakes I wanted. I chose a couple that I knew Krystal would like. Once I paid I picked up the small box and turned to leave.

            “Say hi to her for me alright?” Kai said as I exited the bakery.

            “Of course, see you soon.” I said before I focused on walking back to the coffee shop trying to make it back before Krystal. I rushed into the shop to see Henry reading.

            “Your back in time Romeo,” Henry said teasingly as I sighed in relief and placed the cake box on the counter.

            “Thanks for that snoopy,” I said as I threw my apron back on to try to cover up that I ever left. “Is Kris alright?”

            “Yeah he is alright now, he was probably upset over another girl,” Henry said shrugging his shoulders as he flipped through the pages of his book.

            “Oh is something wrong?”

            “Naw, its just not everyone can be as lucky as you Romeo,”

            “Yah! Stop calling me that!” I said as I hit his shoulder playfully.

            “Oh should I call you Juliet then?” Henry said smirking. I was about to hit him again but Krystal walked in to the shop smiling and instantly everything disappeared but her.

            “I’ll leave you alone with your Romeo,” Henry said winking.

            “if I’m Romeo does that make you my Juliet?” Krystal asked smiling.

            “No…” Dammit Henry.

Krystal POV:

            I watched as Henry and Kris teased Amber and giggled along joining in.

            “Yah baby your supposed to be on my side,” Amber pouted. I smiled and kissed her cheek again. Eventually after all the fun we started to get up to leave the coffee shop. Here it goes… I took a deep breath as Amber placed her hand in mine and led me from the front entrance of the coffee shop. We could still hear Henry and Kris cheer as we walked down the quiet streets. I stayed silent on the way home knowing what I would have to tell her as soon as the door shut.

            “Did you hear that Princess?” Amber asked worriedly.

            “Hmm?” I answered confused.

            “Zoning out again babe?” Amber chuckled and put her arm around my shoulder.

            “Yeah… I’m sorry,” I said resting my head on her shoulder.

            “You alright Krys?” Amber asked worriedly.

            “I’m fine kitty,” I said trying to smile. Amber shrugged her shoulders not believing me. We stayed quiet for the rest of the walk home. Once we got to Amber’s place she unlocked the apartment and locked the door behind us.

            “Princess what is wrong?” Amber said as she wrapped her arms around me.

            “I-I have to go back to work soon,” I said quietly as I buried my face into her shoulder.

            “Yeah I know love, but its going to be alright.” She said as she kissed the top of my head. “Actually, I saw Kai today at the bakery… that reminds me I got you some cake to celebrate your day off.”

            “I don’t mean the bakery Am…” I said trying to hint to her. She looked at me puzzled for a moment then it all sunk in.

            “Oh… You mean with Victoria?” Amber asked as she pulled away slightly to look me in the eye. I nodded and re-nuzzled into her shoulder. I knew she was struggling to find something to say.

            “It’s almost that time of year when I need to go back to work so I can turn in my money to Nox in on time. I have some saved up from the bakery so I wont have to work as much but still I need a lot more if I’m going to be able to pay rent. If I don’t start by the end of the month I wont have enough money to stay…” Amber stayed frozen and I could feel her body tense.

            “How long will you have to work?” She asked finally breaking the silence.

            “A couple months…”

            “Will you be hurt?”

            “No I wont be,” I answered softly. I knew this was tearing her apart.

            “Okay then ill walk you to work and pick you up everyday.”

            “I don’t know when ill finish… or if ill be home every night.” Amber tightened her arms around me.

            “Then ill wait for you.” She said firmly.

            “Baby…”

            “No Krys. I want to do this. I want to make sure your safe. I promise I wont attack anyone and I wont hang around your work play I just want you to be safe.” She said hugging me close. It hurt me to see her like this. She was trying so hard not to cry I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her softly.

            “I don’t want anyone to touch me but you Amber. This is just a job that pays the rent that’s all it is to me. You’re the only one I want and I love you more than everything.” Amber stayed silent. “I promise ill be careful and remember I’m not easily hurt, its gonna take a lot to hurt me.” I said trying to lighten the mood.

            “I know you have to do this and I am okay with it. I am just worried about you going back to work.” she said nuzzling into my neck.

            “I promise ill be safe baby, I promise. “ 

======================================================================================================================

Hey guys! i know i have been away for almost a month but i am really busy with school >< thank you so much for sticking with my story <3 

if you guys have any questions about the story dont be afriad to drop by my tumblr ask box or leave a comment... (i love comments <3)

please upvote a comment if you like how the story is going... warning i plan to write up tons of drama >:D 

PLEASE if you havent already follow me on tumblr :D i love talking to you guys <3 

and if you havent please read my short story (original fairy tale) Little Fox...