The coffee shop

Hidden Feelings

Krystal POV:

            I slowly walked home hoping Amber wouldn’t make note of where I lived. I unlocked the door and fell on the bed feeling my muscles relaxed at the feeling of the soft mattress. I stretched out and kicked off my shoes and slowly pulled off my clothes. I slowly got back up to change into an oversized shirt that went down to my mid thigh. I made my way to the refrigerator and pulled out another foil packet. Instead of taking out a glass I just drank directly from the small pouch. Once I was done I stretched and collapsed into bed.

            “Krys,” she called. I looked up startled.

            “W-What are you doing here, you cant be here you cant!” I yelled as I covered my ears trying not to listen. Her voice crept into my ears whispering.

            “You know why I’m here Krys, you know why.”

            “What do you want from me Ssul? I gave you everything!”

            “You gave me death Krystal. You know why I’m dead? Because of you.” I screamed waking myself up from the nightmare. I sobbed uncontrollably as I gripped my bed sheets. I looked to the closet and I ran over and ripped the door off its hinges. I pulled the box out from under all the clothes and threw it onto the bed. I carefully opened the box and looked at the photos and clothes that filled it. Her things. I couldn’t bring myself to get rid of them. She was dead thanks to me, and I almost made the mistake of trying to care about others. I dug my sharp nails into my arm. You promised her Krystal Jung you promised her that you would never let this happen again. I stared out the window and wondered where Amber was and what she was doing. I suddenly shook the thought off and decided I needed to clear my head for a few days. I carefully placed everything back in the box and returned it to its home in the closet. I re-attached the closet door and fell back into bed hoping I could sleep in peace.

Amber POV:

            After that night at the playground I didn’t see Krystal for days. It troubled me. I thought we were getting along well and finally I would have someone to talk to that wasn’t Donghae. I looked around the neighborhood and of course I couldn’t find her. I was about to give up until one day she walked into the shop. She looked surprised to see me and I smiled and greeted her.

            “Hey Krystal! How have you been?” I asked cheerfully.

            “H-Hey, I have been alright. So this is the place you work at?” she said looking around.

            “Yeah usually its only me so it gets lonely but the pay is alright,” I said starting to ramble. Krystal just nodded.

            “So what is good here?” she asked smiling at me. For some reason I felt relaxed around her I made her my favorite thing on the menu and slid it to her once it was done.

            “This one is on me Krystal,” I said as she took her first sip. She smiled at me and kept drinking.

            “This is really good Amber,” I smiled and took a seat next to her.

            “So how have you been Krystal?”

            “I have been ok just got back from a trip actually,”

            “Cool where did you go?”

            “Just back home,” I started to tense up at the mention of home. of family.

            “That’s cool. I think I am in need of a vacation.”

            “Where do you think you would go?” She asked. I stayed quiet and shrugged my shoulders. “See your parents or family?” she suggested. I tensed and shook my head.

            “I couldn’t go back even if I wanted to,” I said firmly. I stayed silent trying to change the subject.

            “Why couldn’t you go back?”

            “I-I don’t want to talk about it.” I said trying to act busy. Then Donghae walked into the shop with a grin on his face.

            “Hey Am, who is this?” he asked.

            “Krystal I met her at the club that time you took me.” I answered shortly.

            “Cool my name is Donghae its nice to meet you,” he said offering his hand to Krystal. She acted cold towards him as shook his hand.

            “So how was your date with Victoria last night” Krystal asked calmly. Donghae looked back at her surprised.

            “Y-Yeah it was great,” he blushed slightly and I laughed at that.

            “Wow you must really like this girl huh bro?” I chuckled and made Donghae’s favorite coffee we served. Donghae took his coffee and sipped it carefully.

            “Yeah I do but hey I have to go alright? I’ll see you around Amber.” Once Donghae left Krystal smiled at me and sat by the counter.

            “How did you meet Donghae?” she asked curiously.

            “H-He took me in.” I said shortly.

            “What do you mean Amber?” I sighed deeply and stopped trying to act busy.

            “My parents kicked me out of the house at sixteen. If it weren’t for Donghae I would probably dead. He is the one who has always looked out for me. That’s why I cant go back to see my parents. Donghae is the only family I have now.” I said. Krystal stared at me in shock.

            “I-I’m sorry Amber I didn’t mean to pry.”

            “Its alright its not a secret its just painful to talk about sometimes.” I said trying to smile. The truth was that my parents kicked me out. But the reason was my biggest secret. Krystal smiled back at me and took my hand across the counter. I slowly pulled my hand away from her. I didn’t want to get too attached to her. Krystal sighed a little and we sat through the awkward silence suddenly Krystal got up and left the shop, soon after I got a text message from Krystal.

            ‘Lets go out tonight to the club, lets forget the past for a while alright? Ill be the one wearing red.’

            I smiled at my phone and closed the shop early. 

============================================================================================================

Hey guys im sorry for the short chapter... 

im not really feeling well so i might not update right away im sorry, 

i am also taking a trip to japan in a week so i will be gone for two weeks starting next monday...