new work mates

Hidden Feelings

Amber POV:

            I woke up with the sun creeping up through the curtains. I stretched a little trying not to wake the sleeping princess beside me. I leaned over and kissed her forehead and silently got out of bed. I made a simple breakfast for the two of us and brought a tray into the bedroom. My princess was already awake. She was rubbing her eyes sleepily looking puzzled up at me.

            “Good morning Princess how are you today?” I asked placing the tray on the bed. Krystal grinned as she eyed the eggs, toast and bacon sitting on a plate for her.

            “I am doing very well, but um Amber I think I need to go home soon..” she said trailing off. I knew she hadn’t had any blood for a while and she didn’t like keeping it at my place. It was like she didn’t want the darker side of her to be around me. it didn’t bother me that Krystal needed the human blood to survive, I have seen worst things and I wish she could feel comfortable here with me.

            “Princess you know you can always just keep a couple packs in the refrigerator just in case.” I said taking a bite of toast. Krystal just shook her head and took a bite of eggs. I smiled at her and started to feed her alternating between small bites of eggs and bacon.

            “Am, I really have to go home now.” Krystal said getting dressed. I sighed knowing why she was so uptight about her blood intake. She never wanted to hurt anyone again. I just grabbed my car keys and waited for her to be ready to go. Once she met me at the door and smiled up at me I took her hand and led her out the door. We drove silently to Krystal’s apartment but every now and then Krystal’s hand would find mine.

Krystal POV:

            “Thanks for the ride baby,” I said blowing her a kiss. “Do you want to come up with me for a little bit?” Amber nodded and turned the car off and walked up stairs with me smiling.  

            “How are you feeling baby?” Amber said wrapping an arm around me as I unlocked the door. I smiled back at her and pecked her cheek before I walked into the apartment. I heard Amber lock the door as I made my way to grab a couple packs of blood. Amber watched carefully as I slowly drained the thick red liquid of the packets one by one. “Does that taste good baby?” Amber questioned picking up an empty packet.

            “It tastes alright,” I said shrugging my shoulders and taking the packets carefully to throw them away. “I tried to go without it once… I think I lasted about a week before I drank a whole months supply.”

            “Are you sure you don’t want to keep some at my house Krys? You know we could stay at my place longer if you did.” Amber asked pouting slightly as I shook my head again.  

            “I wont hurt you. I promise I wont hurt you like I hurt Sulli.” I said hugging her. She smiled and chuckled lightly.

            “I know baby girl just want to make you a little more comfortable at my place.” I smiled back at Amber and kissed her cheek. She was so cute like this.

            “Don’t you have work today Kitty?” I asked casually using my new nickname for her. Amber grinned and kissed me softly.

            “Yes I will be off now princess,” she said bowing slightly and grinning like an idiot.

            “Have a good day at work then kitty!” I said before I kissed her as she slipped out the door. I smiled to myself for a moment then glanced at the clock. Damn, I was late for work.

Amber POV:

            I ran into the coffee shop hoping I wasn’t late. Two unfamiliar guys standing behind the counter wearing the shops uniform greeted me.

            “Hey! You must be Amber right?” the shorter one said with a grin on his face. I nodded and took my apron from the hook I always left it on and began to tie it around my waist.

            “Yeah I’m Amber, its nice to meet you…?” I trailed off waiting for one of the guys to introduce themselves to me.

            “I’m Henry,” the shorter one said grabbing my hand for a hand-shake. I just smiled back and looked at the taller one. “We are new here so please teach us everything we need to know!”

            “I’m Kris,” he said shortly backing away slightly. I just smiled and said hello anyway. That day I spent the day teaching them all the little tricks and tips I needed to run the place from day to day. It was nice having other people in the coffee shop. It made the job not as lonely. But somehow I could feel these two were different. I got this weird feeling around them almost how I got around Krystal. That only meant they weren’t human.

            “Thanks for teaching us today Amber,” Henry said still smiling.

            “No problem! I should be thanking you guys for helping me out, it is really tiring running the shop by yourself not to mention lonely…”  I said cleaning the last knife as Henry and Kris took off their aprons. I looked away for a second to say goodbye as they entered the shop and I sliced my hand open. “!” I yelled as I pressed a hand towel into my bleeding hand. Henry came rushing in to help but Kris backed up.

            “H-Henry I cant be here.” Kris said firmly as he shuddered a little looking at the blood dripping down from my hand. Henry looked at Kris and totally changed his expression. All day Henry had been happy and childlike but now he glared back at Kris and nodded. I looked at the two of them puzzled and sensed something was wrong. I slowly backed away from the both of them as the looked at the blood dripping from my hand.

            “What are you guys?” I asked firmly. Kris chuckled and looked back at me, his eyes glowing a bright blue that sent chills down my spine.

            “Like you haven’t been able to sense it!” Kris said taking another step forward and traced the blade of the knife that was covered in my blood. “I could sense you from the moment you walked around the block. I didnt know cats had such weak powers” Kris his fingertips tasting my blood that covered the counter. Henry stepped in front of him stopping him from getting any closer to me. I could feel my anger coming to the surface and I grinned back at him, so they were shifters.

            “What are you?” I asked again getting ready to shift. I let my eyes slowly shift to show him I wasn’t afraid of his little threat. Kris just chuckled and with a split second Kris was a wolf growling and bearing his teeth snarling at me. I just laughed and shifted as well. I hopped up on the counter and was about to pounce before Henry hit us both on the head.

            “ARE YOU TWO CRAZY?!” Henry shouted. “What are people going to think if they see a panther and a wolf in a coffee shop in Seoul!” Kris and I laughed and shifted back letting ourselves calm down.

            “So why are you two really working here?” I asked as I locked up the shop. The two of them just shrugged their shoulders.

            “Needed a job and we happened to be passing by.” Kris said smiling. Yeah right. I needed to find out what these two were up to. 

=========================================================================================================

Hey guys! i am so sorry i am not updating as much as i like but please stick with me... i have alot planned for this story <3 

FOLLOW ME ON TUMBLR: http://myworldinblackandwhite13.tumblr.com/

leave me a comment if you have any ideas for this story!