Just another day

Hidden Feelings

Amber POV:

            “No!” I screamed waking myself from my nightmare again. I sat up and caught my breath as slammed my fist against the wall. It was the same every time. Every night. Every time I closed my eyes. I got up and walked to the kitchen and grabbed a glass of water and watched as the ice floated in the water. I gripped the cup tightly and watched as the glass slowly cracked and then suddenly shattered. I sighed as I looked at the broken glass. I cleaned the kitchen and wiped the blood from my palm and went back and sat in bed. I stared out the window and cracked my neck in one swift movement. I stayed up until dawn and sadly I couldn’t go back to sleep. I just showered and headed off to classes. The only thing I could focus on now these days were drawing and art. Sitting in class drawing my thoughts and emotions on paper gave me a sense of relief. Once again I didn’t talk. It didn’t matter all I wanted to do was draw. Once class was over I walked over to work. The small coffee shop was my world my safe place.

            I hopped over the counter and took my place at the register. The regulars trickled in and ordered the usual. Once it was closing time I locked up and drew for hours. Once I was done with the days artwork, I pinned it to the wall with all my other work.

            The coffee shop didn’t look like anything special. It looked like any other building and blended in well with the other shops. You wouldn’t know what it was unless you knew what to look for. it was a small little shop that only sold a couple of kinds of tea and coffee. But the best thing we sold were pastries. The owner who was a small old lady taught me how to make all kinds of cakes and sweets to fill the display cases. I came in every morning to make the cakes and I would run the shop after school. The job paid well but more than anything it was something to do. I hated staying in the empty apartment. I hated knowing there was no one there. I wouldn’t go back, I convinced myself. I would not beg to be loved.

Krystal POV:

            . Not again. The 40 year old men started to walk into the hotel. I sighed and sat pretty as usual. The men looked around at us and eventually they picked a few of us to “entertain” them. I was stuck with one of the regulars who tipped pretty well. After he was done he left the room. I quickly put my clothes back on and started to count the cash he threw on the bed before he left. I counted 300 and smiled. I had a couple more visits before I decided to call it quits. I had over 1,500. Finally I didn’t have to worry for the rest of the year. I dragged myself out of the bed and walked back to the apartment. I stopped outside the door as the guards looked at me funny and I handed them the whole 1,500.

            “That’s it I’m done for the year.” I said firmly.

            “I’m sorry Krys but your not,”

            “What?” I said turning back to look at them both.

            “Nox raised the price to 100 more a month.”

            “That’s bull.”

            “If its bull you can find another place to protect you.”

            “What ever I’ll have the money by the end of the month,” I sighed.

            “You don’t have to give it all in now Krys. You have about 6 months to get that in to Nox.”

            “I know I just don’t want to have to drag this out too long.” I said sighing. The guard shrugged his shoulders and rested his arm on my shoulder.

            “You can always pull a job with us Krys,” They snickered. I just shrugged his arm off and smiled sweetly.

            “Sorry you know I only take the highest paying customer,” I winked and walked inside the building. I heard the click of the lock and I relaxed a little. I dug my keys out from my pocket and unlocked the door and finally collapsed on the bed. I looked up at the mirror and saw the red letters and read them over and over reminding myself why I did what I did.

            We Don’t Care Who You Are, Or What You Have Done. We Will Protect You Here, For The Right Price. – Nox

            I glared at my reflection through the printed words. I hated what I did and who I was. But Nox didn’t care about any of that. Nox would protect me no matter what happened. And that was all that mattered.

Amber POV:

            I walked into the coffee shop and unlocked the door as usual. I started pulling out the cakes and lining them up in the display case. I sighed and checked my phone. I had one missed call.

            “Yah? What do you want?”

            “Just checking up on you llama,”

            “I’m fine alright? The place is great and the job is fine.” I said wanting to hang up.

            “Alright you wanna hang out later today?”

            “Naw sorry I can’t Donghae. I have work again later and then I have to study.”

            “Ok, call me soon ok? Don’t make me come over to the shop.”

            He hung up and I shoved my phone back into my pocket. I focused back on the task at hand. I started smoothing butter cream over small cakes before I placed them back in the refrigerator. I felt bad the way I talked to Donghae. He did save my life after all. I just shrugged the feeling off and refocused on my work.

            “Excuse me, I’m ready to order,”

            “I am so sorry,” I apologized as I took the order. The girl chuckled and started batting her eyelashes at me. I just made her latte and handed it to her.

            “So what’s your name?”

            “Amber” I replied shortly. I turned back to the cakes and placed the finished one in the display case gently.

            “Alright ill see you later Amber,” the girl giggled and walked away with her coffee. I ignored it. I had a few more girls like that come into the shop before I decided to close early. Once the shop was locked I started to walk home. once I was home I locked the door and dropped my backpack. I looked out the window and looked out the full moon. I smiled softly as I sat on the window ledge. I rocked back and forth and jumped on the roof next door. I felt a power ripple through my body and smiled as I felt my body change. I purred softly as I walked on the rooftops of the city. 

===========================================================================================================

Could anyone guess the concept for this one?