2nd Day

That Man

 

My second day starts in the office. I stopped outside my room and rummaged through my bag. Ah, there are my keys. I pulled out a Hello Kitty keychain and attached to it is the key to my room. I unlocked the door and smiled. I haven't even started working in here and I already love this room.

I took a photo frame out of my bag. It was a picture of me and my classmates in during our graduation day. I miss them. I wonder where they're working..

I love every single thing about this room. The emerald chair, the white desk, the elegantly framed mirror, even the vitamin drink on the desk. Wait, the what?!

How did this get here?

I picked up the drink and rolled my eyes. I knew exactly how this got here, or should I say who brought it here. What I wasn't sure of was how did he put it here.. He must have a set of keys to my room. There goes my privacy..

I put the drink aside and started going through today's schedule.

 

11.30 am - 1.00 pm : photo shoot for Cosmopolitan Korea

4.00 pm - 6.30 pm : recording for Happy Together 3.

 

I looked at my watch and realized that it's only 9.15 am. Still early. I went through my file of tasks to be completed and caught sight of the measurement form. Maybe I'll be able to get this done today. Yup, I'm going to get this settled today.

As I was gathering my stuff, I remembered calling Eun Shi yesterday day and told her every single thing that happened to me yesterday. A to Z. Of course she was about to die of jealously when I mentioned the names of the idols I met yesterday. But I made it clear to her that everything was at the courtesy of work and that calmed her down a little.

We discussed about the selca Jay Park tweeted and I told that I really didn't expected him to post that selca for the world to see. Heck I wasn't even ready when he snapped the picture. Eun Shi said no wonder I looked like I just saw a ghost in the picture. Did I really looked that bad? Uuu..

Eun Shi too wondered why Jay tweeted that selca and even declared that I was his date. She then came to a crazy and illogic conclusion that perhaps he really does want to date me! Come on, woman.. Me? Date a celebrity? A celebrity must be losing his mind if he does want to date me. Who wants to date a loud, clumsy, unfiltered mouth like yours truly..

I finally gathered everything I needed and realized that I don't know where Kyu is. I know he must be here in the building, because of the vitamin drink, but where is he? I took out my Galaxy tab and tapped on the number 5 for 3 seconds. That's right, people. I've got Kyuhyun on my speed dial.

"Anyeonghaseyo.. Come to the recording studio down the hall ejuseyo.." he said in a calm and soothing voice and hung up. I removed the phone from my ears and looked at it blankly. I put the phone into my bag and head for the recording studio. Because he had said it with such a therapeutic tone, I, myself, wad drawn to go to the studio. I wanted to see the owner of that voice. I wanted to be with the man who uttered those regular words but made it so inviting. It's like I fell in love with his voice all  over again. Love? hmm..

I found the recording studio and saw him in there. Today, Kyuhyun is wearing a black Channel T with his skinny jeans.  It seemed like he's about to sing. Score! I get to hear him live.

I slowly opened the door and sat on the swivel chair quietly.

 

I jen beo til su eobs da go
Hweng han ust eum eu ro
Nae eokkae ki dae eo
Nun eul kam ji man

 

It was the song Study of a Memory..

I closed my eyes and digested the voice coming out from him. That day, I grew flowers in my lungs just by inhaling his scent, and now.. There's probably a garden in my ears. Yup, I'm sure it's spring now in my ears. I remembered him performing this song in Immortal Songs 2 with his sister. He looked so happy. No presence of his evil spirit while he was singing.

I put an elbow on the desk in front of me and rested my face on that hand. I kept my eyes closed and continued to absorb the golden voice. But.. why am I not hearing anything?

 "Oh you scared me!!" I shrieked as I jumped off the chair and gave him a slap on his left arm. Oops.. Shouldn't have slapped my own client.

"Yah!" he shouted as he rubbed his sore arm repeatedly.

"Why were you staring at me just now?! " I said angrily. "I'm so surprised," I said to myself as my eyes widen looking at the floor.

"mian.." he grinned and tried to hide his laughter. I can only pout in unfairness as I try to regain composure.

"You're not here for a recording, are you?" I asked and was wondering if I had missed this from the schedule.

"Ani.. I'm just here to exercise my vocals," he said while rubbing his throat. "There isn't much singing activities scheduled for me these few months because of the talk shows. So I decided to practice my singing here, almost every morning" he said and pushed some buttons on the mixer beside him. "So.. what are we going to do first today?"

I took out the measurement form and waved it in front of his face. "Please help me finish this," I said and made a begging face.

"Do you know that I have a photo shoot after this?" he tried to change the topic.

"Are you saying no?" I said rather boldly. After last night, he seemed to be able to handle my straightforwardness in speech. I feel much comfortable conversing with him like this. I feel like I've tamed a lion. Whenever he tries to unleash the evil in him, I'll just counterattack with my straightforwardness.

"I'm saying, I want to see what your plans are for the styling of the magazine." Seemed like my counterattack isn't working.

I looked at him in disbelieve and stomped out of the studio. I'm 100% sure he was trying to hide his laughter behind me. Psk..

He sat on my chair as soon as we got to my room. He took the photo frame on my desk and observed it.

"Here's my plan on how to style you according to the framework Cosmopolitan has given us," I said and put the pieces of paper in front of him. I like it when I sounded professional and all.

"So which one is your namja chinggu?" he asked while scrutinizing the photo. Are you sure you're here to  discuss about work, Kyuhyun?

I took the photo from his hands and said, "Cosmopolitan" glaring my eyes at him so he knew I meant business. "And I don't have a namja chinggu. So there.." I added, just in case he persistently repeated the question. "Please go through my papers, Kyuhyun-shi."

"Then you must be a picky one," he said as he took the papers. "No way someone like you would still be single."

"Someone like me?" gone have the admiration of his voice and perfection. Say hello to the irritating evil maknae. I'm starting to grow impatient. What does he mean by someone like me? I never had a real boyfriend. They were all just one sided crush affairs. Argh! I'm so sensitive when it comes to relationships. Wae yo..?

"Ah, how time flies when you're having so much fun," he said. "Let's go. We don't want Cosmopolitan waiting for us, do we? Ka-ja oh?" he said all smiley faced and seemed to be in a good mood."See you down stairs!"

He left me standing still right there. He didn't even look at the plans I drafted. He was here just to kill time. No, wait. He was here because he was avoiding the measurement task.

Ahahh! I nodded to myself. He has been delaying the procedure since yesterday.  Shy, perhaps? The evil maknae is shy. Whenever the two of us are left alone, he'd switch from being talkative and evil into a more sensitive and shy personality. But I wonder why..

 

Is because of me?