My Space

That Man

 

The walk to “my space” was a quiet one. Kyuhyun wasn’t as talkative and evil as he seemed in sajangnim’s office just now. Was he still angry about the phone? Omo. Had I broken it?! Omomomo.. I hope it isn’t too expensive.  My face was worried and I bit my lips. I have 2 years to work with him and yet he might be angry at me on my very first day here.

I suddenly felt a hand grabbing my wrist.

“Where are you going?” Kyuhyun asked. I must have thought too much and didn’t realize we have reached ‘my space’. “We’re here.”

“ohh. Jwesong hamnida.” I said and flashed him a smile. He immediately let go of my hands and coughed a little.

00HXezzl.jpg

 

“Get in,” he said as he placed his hands back in his pockets and look down to the floor. “So, this is your space” he sits down on a chair and starts to write something on the notepad on the table. I took a good look around the room. This is really some space! I can’t even call it a room. So small! But so cute. The desk was facing the big glassed window and that made the space look bigger. I looked outside the window to see the streets of Gangnam-gu. I like this space.

“Mira-shi” that’s weird, how come they way he calls my name sound so, so beautiful.

“ne?” I answered with a surprised look. Maybe he isn’t mad at me anymore.

“Here is a list of phone numbers. Including mine. You might need it later.” He said and got up from the chair. He was about to get out of my space when I tugged the sleeves of his shirt. Ya! What did I have to do that for?!

Wae?” he looked at me and then shifted his eyes to somewhere else.

“Ah. Kyuhyun-shi. Jwesong hamnida, but sajangnim wants me to take your measurements.” I showed him the form filled with empty columns that I have to fill in with his body measurements. As a stylist, it is basic that I know his measurements from head to toe. Then, it will be useful for me to get him apparels that suit him.

“Can you do that some other time? It’s nearing 4pm, I.. I mean WE have to get going. Didn’t you check the schedule?” he said and I started to look for the schedule. “Never mind that now. We have to get to the theatre. Show starts in 2 hours”. I was puzzled. Ah! This is so hard! I didn’t even get to read the schedules. He is going to get the impression that I am one clumsy and unorganized stylist. Andwae!

_______________________

We were on our way to the theatre, which was located on another part of Soeul. It was just me, the driver and Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun had his ears plugged and eyes closed. I guessed he was tired. Idols are always tired, aren’t they? I slowly took the documents i got from sajangnim and started to go through each and every one of them.

By the time we nearly got to the theatre, I had details of appointments and rendezvous that Kyuhyun had to attend within this two weeks stored into the planner in my Galaxy tab. Now, I know exactly what show Kyuhyun was talking about. It’s his Catch Me If You Can Musical show. Wow. Now I’m really nervous. I hope I don’t mess up. I opened up my black bag and took out my pink lipstick. I glazed it on my lips and checked if they were okay .

“Why are you putting make up on?” he suddenly asked me. Eh? I thought he was sleeping.

“I thought you were sleeping.. Kyuhyun-shi” I said, putting my things back into my bag and adjusted my black-rimmed glasses.

“I wasn’t. I was.. trying to concentrate for the play,” he said. “You do know we’re going to my play, don’t you?” Is he trying to test me or something? Psk. I’ll show you.

“Of course! Your Catch Me If You Can play, starts at 6, and finishes at 8. Then, you have a little rendezvous with your friends at 9, at a restaurant in Seochong-gu,” I answered him all prim and proper. Then, I can go home.. I added in my head.

He smiled. “You did your home work, Mira-shi.” Of course I had to smile as I hear him say my name. “Ka-ja,” he said and opened the door of the SUV and held it as he waited for me to get off. “I wouldn’t wear those 3 inch heels if I were you. You have a lot of running to do,” he said. Trust me, even I didn’t know i had to run around. I thought all I had to do was sit at a desk and plan your attire.  I thought to myself as I struggled to get out of the SUV because of the height inside the van, and because of my 3 inch thin heels, making it a little bit hard for me to balance. “Hold on to me,” he casually said without even looking at me. He had his elbow held out, asking me to grab it.

“Gomawo-yo,” was all I said as we head into the theatre.