Between Us

That Man

Really. I shouldn't be updating!

But I did n_n

New un-OST added n this chapter:

When I was Your Man.

Seriously, play it while reading,

*sniffs.sobs*


 

 

The feeling was perfect.

The kisses were soft but portrays what both Kyuhyun and Mira needed. They need to be together. Sending subliminal messages over one another.

What took you so long?

Is this really happening?

Finally..

Since when did you..

I need you..

Forever !

The kisses stopped when Mira glided her hands from Kyuhyun's nape to his chest and push forward, making their lips part. Kyuhyun slowly gasping for air but still holding on to Mira. Placing his warm hands on Mira's shoulders and slowly pacing them up and down her lean arms.

He spots an unwanted look on her silky face. Not the kind he wanted her to show after sharing an ecstatic moment together.

"Hey.." he slowly called and tried to fish for her eye contact, but instead found a glistening tear rolling from her soft eyes.

I promise you, we'll find a way.

He pulls her in and hugged her . She closed her eyes making the tears look more avid compared to just now. She felt like she messed up. Following what her hearts wants and yearned for all this while. But she can't stop herself from thinking what she did was wrong. At least it is now. Realizing all along that this is the man that she hopes to sweep her off her feet one day. Lying to herself that she could learn to love another man was undispute of. Impossible. But thinking about how the other one would feel unwanted, she just cannot bring herself to leave him despair.

"I'm sorry.." she forced a whispering apology, unsure to who she was directing it to. She was just voicing her inner voice. "We..shouldn't have..".

Kyuhyun was surprised upon hearing this.

Wasn't the feeling mutual? She regrets it?

He took a deep breath, hoping what he'll say to be the right response and ease away the unexplainable mix of feelings congested in his chest. He slowly nodded and tighten his embrace around his adored one.

"We shouldn't..Mira.." he uttered what contradicts himself.

I wanted her.

Claiming her as mine.

Making her feel happy as how she did to me.

The man she will always look for.

At any circumstances.

The man who gets to indulge in her gummy smiles.

The man whose shirt is dampened by her tears.

The man she loves.

That man..

Will I ever get to be?


 

He felt his heart stiffened, surprised by how it could still beat after enduring the heartache. He was pretty sure he could crumble any moment now, but he just kept on walking.

"Aren't you still on your one week leave?" the voice of his manager buzzed by his ears.

"Feel like working, " he gave a simple reply, not forgetting to add a much believable smile towards the end.

"Great!" his manager didn't think much and ushered him to the conference room where several people were busy discussing about his comeback concept and a million of other things. Sheets of paper were scattered everywhere on the conference table as people were bending over the metallic black table talking at once, deciding on what's best for Jay Park.

"Jaybeom-shi? You OK?" the tone of her question suggested that he was zoning out and somebody realized it. He quickly sat straight and adjusted his cap.

Putting on a plastic smile has become a norm for him now. He's adjusting well.

"OK!" he chirped.

Not OK at all. In fact, I can be KO at anytime now.

He tried his best to focus on what seems to be important as of now; his future. Finding it really tough to put aside what he observed a while ago.

All he wanted to do was invite her to a simple lunch date, knowing how much she likes simplicity. He was lucky no one recognized him with his minimal cover-up and he thought he'd be lucky throughout the day. Already planning ahead all the sweet and cheasy talk he wanted her to hear, smiling at her unwillingly cute responses.

He recognized Kyuhyun's back scurrying into his girlfriend's office.

Work? He thought to himself, but then changed his assumption as soon as he peered into the small office, thinking he should give them a pleasant surprise, he rubbed his palms together feeling satisfied. 

The room looked messy with all the shopping bags everywhere, but it really was impossible for him to miss the two beings in each other's embrace, exchanging soft kisses.

The muscles he used to hold his smile just now were all released at once, leaving him with an expressionless portrait.

He stepped back and against the wall separating him and them, he felt his heart swelling, it hurts.

"I'm sorry.. We shouldn't have.." he heard her whisper, making the pace of his heart as irregular as ever.

"We shouldn't..Mira.." and he closed his eyes listening to his buddy respond.

 

~Same bed, but it feels just a little bit bigger now

Our song on the radio, but it don't sound the same

When our friends talk about you all that it does is just tear me down

Cause my heart breaks a little when I hear your name

And it all just sound like oooo..oooo..oooo..

Too young, too dumb to realize..