2 Guys + 1 Girl

That Man

"Stop. Please"

When was silence actually golden?

Because the silence in the air is just fatal to her ears. Once or twice the constant ringing of the office telephone broke the silence from a distance. Would it be weird if she feels thankful that her room was quite secluded from the main office? Perhaps not, because nothing tops the weirdness and awful scene happening in real time before her. Right in front of her.

Not knowing who she should focus her sad eyes on, she opted for the carpeted floor instead. The sudden drip of red droplet stained the pristine carpet causing her eys to shift to its direction, and slowly dragged upwards to its rightful owner. She seemed disturbingly calm for a person in that situation.

Loosening the pink scarf around her neck, she walked up to Kyuhyun and dabbed it to the corner of his lips and placed his one hand to hold the scarf. Not a word escaped from any of them.

Mira went inside her office, grabbed her bag, locked the door and held Jay by his arm as he tugged the stiff male away from the office. Breath at an uneven rate, jaws still twitching,  he followed her nevertheless.  

Kyuhyun felt as if his body was too heavy for his legs. They felt weak as he followed the two with his eyes until they disappeared. He dropped the hand holding onto the scarf. His head hung low as he observed the drop of blood on the carpet and carelessly squishing it with his shoes. This time, a clear drop landed next to the stained spot.

He stopped.

The negative committee in his mind were gathering, busy coming up with all sorts of hypothesis to conclude the outcome, however,  adjourned as soon as he recollects himself, picking up pieces of his crumbling heart-shaped heart.

..and walked away.  


They walked to the car park of the SM building and stopped once they reached the Cooper. Mira still has her hands around Jay's arm when he yanked free from her and leaned his arms and head against his Cooper.  

"Gwaenchana?" her soft voice still managed to echo, hitting the gloomy walls of the basement parking space and dispersed slowly as there wasn't an answer in reply from the male.

"A--Are you hurt anywhere?" she tried again. Him not responding is making her feel at guilt,  but what did I do?

Ehhhmmm.. She cleared her perfectly fine throat and decided to try again. Just. Try.

"Em. Jay.. Do yo-"

"No!" he turned to look at her and Mira could still hear his voice echoing, with every fading sound thumping on her heart. Their wasn't a hint of emotion on her face, but the uneven breathing suggested that something was stirring inside of her.

"I'm not okay," he switched to a slower tone than before, but still maintaining the agitating essence within it. "I'm hurt. Here," he thumped his chest. Mira kept her eyes on him as she noticed a frown beginning to form as he contract his brow in displeasure.

The sound of tires screeching at the other end of the parking lot filled in the dry-emptiness as Mira attempts to depict the current happening.  

..what- I'm just- seriously.  

"You," he pauses and let out the breath he was holding. "You hurt me, Mira". He bored into her eyes. He couldn't bring himself to actually say it, but sooner or later he'll just have to, when the time comes. He looked down to his shoes and shoved both of his hands casually into the pockets of his denim. A smirk on his face as he recalled the reason why they're standing there in the parking lot of SM, of all places.

He was on his way to dance practice when he received a text message. Seeing Kyuhyun's name in the sender ID column,  he couldn't help but feel uneasy, wondering what it could be about.  

Let her go.

She's not happy,

can't you see that?  

Honestly, the last thing he needed was a very caring Kyuhyun sending reminders to him that Mira was not happy. He noticed all along, without anybody needing to pin point things out.

In deny. Denial.

That was how he got through the days together with Mira, believing that she'll accordingly snap out of it and ooze love so much out of her for him, that'll he'll get sick of it. He wants to believe that. Thanks a lot, Kyuhyun ssi.. Anger seeped through his veins as he changed course and headed for SM. The practice can wait, he thought.

By the time he arrived, he was taking deep breaths, aiming to calm down as much as possible,  which really wasn't all that much.

Just his luck, he found Kyuhyun walking past Mira's room, probably heading for the gents, but when Kyuhyun decided that honesty was the best policy, his hands trembled upon hearing his pledge.

"I love her," he said casually,  as if he already did love her 1000 years ago. "I need-- to see her happy, Jay. I need- her. I want to make her happy".

"Kyuhyun ah," a smirk left his face as he looked away to the glassed window. "Let her decide who will make her happy, oh?".

"She's not herself anymore."

"Oh gurae?! And you know that much about her? About my girlfriend?!"

"I know she's not happy- with you. I know-- that much," Kyuhyun struggled to remain calm, but, Jay? Again with that about her not happy..!! and loses it when the mere thought of them kissing here few weeks ago decided to tickle his mind, yet sent a full burst of momentum from his fist to the jaws of his hommie, his pal, and perhaps now his rival, his enemy. He regrets putting too much in that swing, for now Kyuhyun crashed into Mira's door, blown by his furious attack, but that was just as much as the anger bitting inside of him.

"Y--You know it too, Jay," he managed to say, despite feeling a warm sensation on his lower lips, but then chose to just shut it when Jay grabbed him by the collar, and that was when Mira surfaced.

And so here he is, feeling a bit off that things weren't settled between him and Kyuhyun.

"Why are you siding me?" he blatantly asked.

"Mwo-- eyo?" hoping she'd buy some time thinking of a response while Jay repeated the question.

"I said, why- are you siding me?"

"I.. just.. " ..is-- is now a good time?