Mirae i

That Man

Emm.. Guys.

This is the final chapter. I just want to take this opportunity to thank each and everyone of you readers and subbies. Please continue to support my future fanfics, if there is any.

I love y'all so much for reading THIS MAN. *wipes tears*

OK now, group hug, please! Sarangheyo~*!

 

 


Ms. Kim Mi Ra,

 

Our company is writing to you to offer a post as the Head Stylist of the BEANPOLE men and ladies department. Having seen your portfolio after being recommended by an anonymous, it has been our interest to have you in our company. For further information, please call us to make an appointment. We are very much waiting to hear from you.

 

Sincerely,

Kim Woo Bin

Chief Executive Officer

BEANPOLE, GANGNAM.

 

Mira folded the offer letter neatly and placed it back into the white envelope. The unexpected news of the offer has caught her at the spur-of-the-moment.

"But I thought I had a two years contract with this company, SM sajangnim," she couldn't hide her confusion. Plus, being in the CEO office made her feel nostalgic, evoking memories of the first time she was here to get a job, not expecting to get her life to completely change. Really, she has Teacher Soo Man to thank.

"The anonymous is me," he calmly quoted and gave her a reassuring smile. Mira, on the other hand, enlarged her eyes in surprise, thanks to the additional dose of un-expectant from the CEO.

"But--why.." the words came out as deliberately as they could. She couldn't help but feel like Teacher Soo Man is punishing her for being in a relationship with an idol. "Hokshi--because of Kyuhyun?".

"It is," he directly retorted, his voice deafening through every pore on Mira's skin.

It hurts. It hurts that they didn't think about dealing with the company before even thinking about being together. Will we even be together??

"But it is also because I'm protecting you-- the both of you," his subtle tone made Mira lift her head almost instantly and looked into the eyes of the CEO. He chuckled. "I ship you guys," he laughed again, but this time even louder. Mira felt every drop of blood in her vein drained and she was just hollow inside. She couldn't speak. "Uri Kyuhyun is off the dating prohibition since last year, but he hasn't been dating. And now that he finally has a lady in his heart, I want to protect that, Mira ssi," he smiled again, but Mira couldn't really grasp what exactly was the connection between this and the offer letter to Beanpole.

"Sajangnim, y--you want to protect Kyuhyun from--me? Is that what you're saying? You want me to leave this company? I--I don't understand.." the moment tears started to accrue in her eyes, the CEO stopped laughing and a surprised expression took over his face.

"No no no.. It isn't like that, Mira.." he got up and simultaneously grabbed two pieces of tissue and handed it to her. He heave a sigh after observing Mira wipe her tears and abruptly the door opened and in came a concerned looking Cho Kyu Hyun, without a smile on his face. "Oh good, come and take her away. I'm really not that good at clarifying difficult situations," he laughed a fatherly laugh and ushered Kyuhyun to take Mira's arms.

"Ne, Teacher.  I'll give you a call once we get things sorted out," he replied. Mira still wasn't sure of what was happening. Kyuhyun seemed to know, but that didn't make her feel any better.

***

They were now in Kyuhyun's car, with Mira still not speaking. There wasn't really a precise way to sum up her feelings. It was probably a muddle of confusion, anxiety, worry, puzzled, basically a bad combination.

But it has only been two weeks since we finally commit to each other since Beijing. How did the CEO found out when we were keeping things at a low profile? She glanced towards the man beside her. He seemed calm, saying that they'll sort things out. What does that even mean? I thought you love me, oppa..

"What are you thinking about, darling?" he reached for Mira's hand and squeezed it gently. "Hmm?".

"What's going to happen to us.." she solemnly said without even looking at the gorgeous man beside her. She had already created a scenario of what might happen; perhaps the company wants to hook him up with one of the SNSD girls, or even Ailee, and he's OK with that. Tch.. Ultimately, they just want to get rid of me.  Her eyes were drifted to the view outside, thinking that she has been here and the road looks familiar.

The car finally slowed down and halted. He unbuckled his seatbelt and went out, opened Mira's door and took her out of the car.

Oh. It's his favorite place, where we ate ice cream that night. Omo. Omo! He's not trying to push me off the cliff is he? Help? She swallowed hard.

"Stop thinking about bad things, Mira.." he laughed, placing his hands on her shoulders, as the cool autumn gentle wind passed through between them, making Mira's strands of hair brush across her face. "My beautiful lady," he whispered, gazing into her droopy eyes, tucking the loose stands of her hair behind her ears. "You asked what's going to happen to us?".

"Ne.. I'm sorry I seem clueless, but what sajangnim--" she stopped as soon as Kyuhyun placed a finger on her lips.

"Are you sure you're ready to hear what's going to happen to us?" he lowered his stance and put a concerned look on his face.

"Ne.." she soundlessly replied, but in her mind, she was like oh dear. Ohdearohdearohdear!

 

Nal annaehaejwo, yeah// Guide me, yeah

Geudaega salgo inneun gose nado hamkke deryeogajwo// take me together with you to the place where you live

Oh, sesangui kkeuchirado dwittaragal teni// Oh even if the world ends, I’ll follow from behind you so please don’t go out of my sight

Budi nae siyaeseo beoseonaji marajwo achimi wado sarajiji marajwo oh// Even when the morning comes, don’t disappear oh

Kkumeul kkuneun georeum geudaen namanui areumdaun nabi// This walk that I’m dreaming

You’re my only beautiful butterfly..

Don’t Go// EXO

 

He held her shoulders tight and looked into her eyes, as he said, "What's going to happen to us is, we're going to get engaged, then we'll get married at a beautiful place, then you'll be pregnant, I'll be a daddy,  you'll be a mommy, and I'll love you, and I'll love our babies, and we'll sleep together every night, and when I wake up,  the first thing I'll see is you, my darling, and I'll be happiest man alive. That's what's going to happen, but only if you are willing to marry me, do you?, " he finished with a wink and Mira couldn't believe what just came out from the man she has given her heart to, nor could she give him an fitting respond, so she just tilted and hug his neck ever so tightly, making Kyuhyun lift her up and twirled together, as dried leaves of yellowish orange joined in their dance. Kyuhyun placed her on the grass and whispered, "is that a yes?" he chuckled. 

"Ne, oppa.." she shyly replied,  making Kyuhyun's heart skip not one beat but thousands of beat at the same time.

"Now are you ready to hear about what sajangnim said earlier?" he asked.

Oh, gurae, I was too happy I almost forgot. And she nodded, saying, "He said he wanted to protect us. He even said he ships us, but I was too puzzled to laugh at that time, oppa".

Kyuhyun laughed, "Ahahaa.. The CEO trolling. What he meant by saying he wanted to protect us, was that he wants us to be together, but it is best if you work with another company and not SM".

"Wae?"

"He's afraid people might bash the thought of you, my personal stylist, having a relationship with me, the idol. But, it'll be different if I, the idol, am in a relationship with you, the head stylist of a major fashion company. Ok?" he pulled Mira to rest on his arms, as they both lie on the grass.

"Hmm.. I guess that'll work. But are you okay with that? I heard that the CEO Kim WooBin is pretty hot," she laughed as she got up and sat straight.

"Yah.." he too got up, with an annoyed expression pinned on his face. "I'll make sure I go to Beanpole so often, that they'll acknowledged my existence as your future husband, arachi?" he scoffed, earning himself a pinch on the cheeks and a following kiss. "Emm.." he smiled,  feeling contented.

"Why do you even love me, oppa?"

"Why do you have to know?"

"Because.. If it is my looks, then I'll want to take really good care of it. If it is my body--," she paused and traced her hands from her shoulders down to her knees, making Kyuhyun swallowed hard, refraining himself from pinning her down there and then. "--then I'll want to control my diet. If it is my--"

"It's you. How are you going to control yourself being you?" he smirked, liking the times when he could just cut her off and she'll just look at him dumbfounded.

"You mean.." she tapped her chin, thinking what he actually meant.

"Yeah, I love you. I love that loud, unfiltered mouth of yours, I love the unpretentious emotions you show, I love how passionate you are. I love how you get along so well with my friends, I just--love you. Remember? You are like my vitamin. I become restless without you. I just have to have you, Kim Mira".

Mira looked at the man in front of her and giggled as she closed her eyes and remembered every single thing they went through. Never had she imagined they would end up together.

Wow, life is indeed full of surprises. Cho Kyuhyun, I never thought being in love with you would be this beautiful.

Kyuhyun's phone suddenly went off; he glanced at the caller ID and smiled as he accepted the call.

"Oh, omma. Guess who you'll be having dinner with tonight.." he paused and brushed Mira's strands of hair off her shoulder, "ne, Kim Mira, the beautiful lady I always talk about."

And the both of them smiled as Mira could hear from the other side of the line Omomomomo!

 

 

The  \(^w^)/  end