Beijing De Ai

That Man

 

Happy Birthday To Me.. Happy Birthday To Me..

Lol. Let's celebrate with an update. 

 

 

 


"Welcome to Korean Air. We hope you'll enjoy your flight to Beijing with us"

 

Mira closed her eyes as she exhaled the deep breath she kept in just now. She leaned her head against the window and observed the the night sea from 45000 feet up in the sky. Finally, they are all leaving for Beijing. After all the preparations, the hardwork, the effort, the SM team are finally ready to get the show going. Some of the team had left earlier, leaving the stylist team, the managers and the idols tagging along on the last flight to Beijing that day. Mira eavesdrops some conversation going on around her.

"I hope those silk shirts are not crumpled"

"..and they better not get them mixed up"

"Yah.. We spent so much time organising them, okay?!"

"remind me to sew up the tear on Kangin ssi's pants"

A smile curled up on Mira's lips as she praised her team for their unconditional effort and commitment. But above all, she can't thank her lucky stars enough for the calmness within her. Looking at the night sky outside her window, the tete-a-tete between her and Jay replayed like an old movie.

Jay's question was kind of weird, she thought. Why would he question her reasons for siding him?

I mean, of course I should take his side. I'm his girlfriend. 

..or was. And that was exactly what she told him, to which he just snorted, as if he had just predicted her answer.

He shrugged his shoulders and flung his hands up into the air, like a person who had given up.

"Babe.." he held her shoulders and slouched a little so that their eyes were of the same level. "Kim Mira," he continued. "You don't love me."

"What are you saying?" Mira laughed a little as she pushed his hands off. "What are you saying?" she repeated again, but this time without the sinister laughter towards the end. "Don't you feel loved?" she said unbelievably,  convinced that all the effort she had put through for the trial relationship should've left some sort of affection, if not a believable impact to the least.

"You don't love me, Mira," he paused. "That's what I feel. I can feel-- that you don't love me".

After what seemed like decades and centuries of silent moments passed, Jay placed his warm hands on Mira's shoulders again, and huffed the deepest sigh she has heard. Already, she can't handle the situation, knowing where it was leading to. She fidgeted and looked away, anywhere, but those Jay Park eyes. What have I done to you..

"Hey.." he whispered as he gently touched her cheeks, causing her to look into his eyes, like it or not. "We tried, " he smiled, which ironically broke Mira's heart,  knowing that there really was nothing to be smiling about. "I can't lie. I still want you. But above all-- I want you- to be happy," the smile still there. "Ne?".


"Mira ssi, is it OK if I sit here?"

Earth to Mira. She snapped back to present time when a soft voice allured into her ears. Ryeowook ssi?

She just nodded profusely and gave him a sweet smile. "Is there anything I can help you with?" she asked him out of courtesy,  since they weren't close nor have they ever conversed.

It started with Ryeowook asking her about the materials of their attire in SS5. Then, how Mira got involved in the fashion industry. Next, he started to take out his phone and shared personal photos of himself.

"Omo!" Mira squealed. "He's so cute!" she gasps as Ryeowook showed her pictures of him with his favourite donseng, Do Kyungsoo. 

"Isn't he?" he nodded. "Here's during his pre-debut years," he slides his fingers on the screen,  moving onto another picture of him and D.O. "Ah!" he seemed excited. "Here's D.O and Kyuhyun giving him motivational talk".

"Ahh.. Ne," she replied short.

Kyuhyun. How long has it been since they talked? When was the last time? She couldn't recall.

"Speaking of Kyuhyun, did you know that he has developed a weird habit recently?"

"Erm.. No- I-- haven't talked to him in a while, " she squirmed, feeling uneasy talking about the man who she shares unresolved issues with. "What's wrong?" she whispered, scooting a little bit closer to him, couldn't contain the suspense.

"He bought a perfume- for woman," he too whispered, perhaps to avoid prying ears, eyes widened, looking exactly like an ahjumma gossiping with a next door neighbour.

"You sure?" she lifted a brow.

"It was pink," he answered boldly.

"So? Maybe it's a gift?" Mira shrugged as she didn't find it weird. Could be for his mother, or sister, or his female acquaintances,  since he's surrounded by so many of them everyday. Or possibly a girlfriend?

"Aishh. Aniyo Mira ssi.." he continued. He leaned in a bit more closer. "He sprays it everywhere, especially on his pillows,  his bedsheets, anywhere his nose could sniff," he added, exaggerating a little by sniffing like a curious puppy. 

Shocked, Mira widened her eyes in horror.

"When we get to the dorm and have nothing to do, he would usually be gaming or just chatting. But, no.. Now he'd just be in his room, curled up in his bed, sniffing his perfumed pillow pathetically. The whole house smells like woman, thanks to him!" he ended with a frustrated face.

Mira let out a small laughter,  plus a semi-concerned expression.

"Well.." she really didn't know how to react or what to say. "I'm sure the perfume couldn't have smelled bad, right?" she tried reassuring a frustrated Wookie. "What was it?" she inquired the name of the perfume as she adjusted herself in her seat, taking off her woolen cardigan as it as getting a bit warm, thanks to the exciting 'insight' from Ryeowook.

"Ah. I did took a glance of the bottle," he squinted his eyes as he tried to recall. "Maja. Maja," he snapped his fingers and shocked Mira to see his eagerness. "Estee Lauder Pleasures Intense, something like what you're...wearing...right..now..." his pace slowed and a smirk hidden in the corners of his smile.

"W--what? This?" she flustered as she sniffed the cardigan she was holding and thought she must've looked like Kyuhyun sniffing things. Ryeowook couldn't really hide his amusement but tried to by placing his hand on his mouth. Mira looked at him and understood what Wookie was trying to do. Ooohhhh I could strangle him now!

He calmed down and let out a whimpering laughter instead. "He misses you, Mira ssi," he looked at her and gave her that adorning smile he is famous for.

"What are you saying, Ryeowook ssi.." she tried to laugh it off, as she pretended to busily fold the cardigan.So he knows.. I wonder who else knows about me and Kyuhyun.

"I'm not sure what happened between the two of you, but you did say that you hadn't spoken to him for a while, gurae?" he tried phishing for her eye contact, and succeeded. "I'm just saying that it looks as if you are the one that can 'fix' him". A smile was all he got as a reply from her as she kept on fiddling with her fingers. "By the way, that's a really nice bracelet," he said as he stood up, probably ready to go back to his seat. Mira stopped fiddling her fingers and touched the bracelet as she mouthed a 'thank you'. "I recall seeing one while we were in Germany few weeks ago. Costs a fortune. Phew.." he whistled and smiled as he waved goodbye and head for his seat.

Mwo? Costs a fortune? She thought to herself as her fingers traced the bulging diamonds. Why am I not on speaking terms with him? I mean like, now that I'm single and all.. I wonder if he still..likes me..


Even though the weather in Beijing was cool, the air inside the waiting room for Super Junior was hot hot hot. People rushing in and out of the room like nobody's business. Murmurs and yellings alternate one another as managers and crews exchange instruction and orders.

Of all these people, stylists are the quiet ones, focusing on perfecting idols' everything; hair, makeup,  clothes,  shoes.

Mira inspects her team members making sure everything is up to par with the requirements. Her eyes were shifting from one to another,  observing their work, when she heard somebody shout his name, and she froze.

"Kyuhyun ah, hurry up!"

She saw him from across the room, alone, spacing out, looking at her. She looked down to her shoes the moment she realized that he was heading towards her. Goosebumps forming on her arms as she turned around and faced the dressing table, pretending to shove the bb creams lying on the table into a nearby bag.

"Mira.." she heard him, but what about the ssi?

"Ne," she turned to him and immediately started to prep him for stage, avoiding any possible chances for eye contacts. She fluffed his soft, yet greasy hair, readjust his necktie, making sure the collars were buttoned,  the blazers were OK without any faulty parts or loose thread. All this done while she inhaled his scent, and realized that she too misses his scent, as much as he misses hers. Her heart aches,  yearns, wants him, and that was what she wanted to avoid.

She wasn't sure how mutual their feelings are towards one another. After that kiss, they did sort of agree that they regretted it and shouldn't have kissed in the first place.

Having done all that needed to be done, she decided to check on the other members,  which she really didn't have to, but halted as soon as she felt his hands tug on her wrist, just where the bracelet is under her sweater's sleeve.

"You're still wearing it?" he asked, ignoring the presence of other beings that were too busy to acknowledge the scene happening.

"Em..yeah," she replied, simple, and said that she needed to be somewhere else and excused herself. 

She's still wearing it..

Despite that too short to be acknowledged conversation,  Kyuhyun felt himself revived.

Can I just hug you?

Or should I just kiss you now?

Mira.. I'm missing you.

 

un-OST next chapter : Missing You - Ver. Ryeowook & D.O