Rollercoaster

That Man

 I smiled as I turned around to face Kyuhyun, only to have my sheepish smile turn into a flat line on my lips.

“Drink this, ejuseyo..” he shoved the vitamin drink to my hands. Psk. What was I thinking. Why on earth would he want to hold my hands. I took the drink from him and offered him a bitter smile in return. Opened the bottle and had a few sips. I put the cap back on and returned the bottle to him. He shook his head and said, “keep it” and looked outside the window.

I opened the zip of my tote bag and placed the drink in there. My hand caught hold of my pink lipstick and I took it out from the bag. I looked into the bag and found my little Hello Kitty mirror. As I was about to apply the lipstick onto my lower lips, Kyuhyun asked me, “why are you putting makeup on?”. I really feel like asking him in return if that is his favourite question. I never met a guy, heck not even anyone who asked me such a question.

“Because I think that my face looks like it has been hit by a hurricane. I don’t think you’ll want to go for dinner with someone like that, do you?” There wasn’t any filter in that answer of mine. I’m exhausted. I said what I had in my mind. I really don’t care what he thinks of me, it’s not like he likes me or something like that.

“I think you look awesome. .. even like that,” he murmured and I closed my Hello Kitty mirror.

“You don’t mind that people might think you’re lame if you walk with me into a restaurant with a face like this?” I asked, while my finger was circulating my face.

“Ani.. “ he said. “It’s not even that bad, Miss Personal Stylist,” he looked at me and gave me a wide smile with his lips closed. “Aishii..” he suddenly sighed. “This is why you shouldn’t put on lipstick while the car is moving,” he said.

Huh? What? And  without realizing it, he scoot closer to me and nudged his thumb to the corner of my lips. This time, I was the statue. I sat as still as possible and waited for him to be done. He was so close to me that I inhaled his Tommy Hilfiger scent and I think I just grew a garden of flowers in my lungs. He sat back in his seat and showed me his thumb, “see?”

I could feel a sudden heat crawling up my face and instantly knew that I was blushing. “Ah.. ne..” I nodded shyly. “Uh? Are we here already?” I changed the subject as I heard the sound of the signal indicator and sure enough, the car slowed down and pulled up to the side of the road. 

Kyu got down the SUV and held the door out for me, as usual. "Ka-ja," he said. This time he didn't have his elbow out. He puts his left hand forward and ushered me to get out of the car. I touched his hand without thinking and he pulled me out of the van. 

I can feel my cheeks burning again.

___________________________

“Eat up, people!” Kyuhyun ordered them and the guys started to dig in their dinner. I smiled as I sip my glass of glass of iced green tea.  Kyuhyun insisted that I drank the green tea when I wanted to order a can of cola instead. He said I’ll feel fresh drinking it. And that earned a big ‘whoa!’ from his friends. He said he was concerned about the stamina of HIS personal stylist and asked them to stop teasing. He seemed very happy. He should be, I mean his play today was a great success as usual. Nothing tragic happened, so yeah, he should be feeling happy. Shouldn’t he?

I was sitting in front of Kyuhyun and beside me was Yesung. Jay was seated far end of the table. He didn’t say much but I exchanged glances with him every once in a while. Everybody was really hungry and so we ate and talked at the same time. I looked to Kyu, who was focusing on his phone as he frowned. Oh no, this can’t be good.

I saw him bit his lips and put his phone down and continued eating without talking to anyone. Now what?

Noonaaa! Message-ji..

That, was my message tone. The boys laughed at the cuteness of my message tone as I took out my phone and read a text from Eun Shi. She must be dead worried about me for not calling her.

 

Eun Eun

010 – 4656 – 3993

Woman, are you having too much

of a good time? Why didn’t you tell me

you met Jay park?!?!?! Omomomo I’m

so jealous! Tell me everything later okay?

 

Along with the message was a forwarded picture message. It was a screenshot of Eun Shi’s phone. It’s her Twitter account page with the picture of me and Jay Park doing a selca!  In my mind, I have already fainted.

_________________________

Dinner was over and the driver sent us back to the SM building. After we thanked the driver, Kyuhyun went straight in, leaving me at the parking lot. I guess he was upset about something and just didn’t want to talk to me.

I stated walking from the car park to the streets when a familiar hand grabbed my still swollen wrist. “Ouch!” I said and realized that it was the guy with the rollercoaster of emotions; Kyuhyun.

“Sorry,” he said looking at my wrist. “Where are you going?”

“Home. I was going to get a taxi,” I looked at the street as a few taxi passed by and thought ! There goes my ride.

Kyu let out a sigh and said, “were you not listening to what I said in the van just now? I told you I’ll drive you home and you agreed.” His words sounded like I was finally getting the scolding of the day. But now I am feeling too tired to care.

“Mian.. I forgot..” I said. Truthfully, I don’t remember what really happened after I discovered that Jay tweeted the photo of me and him. I looked it up on Twitter and read the comments from his fans and they weren’t too happy about it. Some said we looked good together while others disapproved of it. What bothered me was Jay's caption of the selca.

 

j59p73Cl.jpg

 

It wrote ‘My 10 minutes date’. I wasn’t sure why i was too bothered by that, but it was clear that I was thinking about it too much to pay attention to what Kyu was saying while we’re in the van.

“Just get in,” he said and opened the door of his car. I didn’t hesitate and got in as I was told. I was getting drowsy from tiredness and was half asleep. I could hear him ask me where my house was, but I was too tired to open my eyes and answer him. I heard he made a phone call and asked whoever it was on the other line about my address. Maja.. that’s my address. I could only asnwer him in my thoughts.

_______________________

I the tap and let water flow into the tub as bubbles started to foam. I recalled Kyuhyun shook me real hard before I was completely awake. He insisted to send me up to my apartment, but I told him I wasn’t drunk and could manage on my own. He was so sweet.

Noona!! Message-ji!!

I looked at my phone and read the text.

 

Cho Kyuhyun

010 – 8800 – 8008

How was your first day at work with me?

I’m sorry I  didn’t let you go home sooner.

I just wanted to make sure you had dinner.

Get enough rest and I’ll see you tomorrow,

MY personal stylist..

P/s:- Finish the vitamin drink, please. 

I'll give you another one tomorrow. 

 

All this in one day?! I wonder what’s gonna happen tomorrow.. I said as I soak my feet into the warm water and played my favourite music at this moment.

B1A4 Ige Musuen Iriya?

Exactly. What's happening?! I feel like thousands of planes are taking off in my mind. Something big is about to happen in my life. I can feel it. Will I be able to see through all this? I must. I must get through all this and just be myself. Yeah!  I put my fist up in the air to strengthen my heart and caught sight of my swollen red wrist. That reminded me of what happened this whole day. Ouch..