Finally!

That Man

Ahh.. Finally, after slaving my for 6 years in School of Fashion, Seoul, I am officially a graduate. Now, to concentrate on an even serious matter, finding a job! This is a serious matter to me, I kid you not! I can't live on my appa's allowance for ever.  

"You're 23 this year, Mira. Make use of your degree and find a decent job. Ara? Or come to Jeju-do and start farming with me and eomeoni."

I remembered appa saying that right after I graduated. It has been 2 months since. I squinted a little thinking about how hard life has been this passing month and let out a rather loud sigh. Maybe I should start farming. Jeoldae andwae!  

"Yah.. Kim Mira! What are you planning in that twisted mind of yours?  Go to Milan and launch your own clothing line perhaps??" Eun Shi winked as she asked. Great. Here's my good friend trying to rub more salt onto my wound. God has blessed her with a job in the government sector. She has been nothing but supportive towards me. She would be the one busy asking around if any companies are in need of a worker with a degree in fashion. Apparently, there are not much opportunities lying around.  

"Molla.. " I said all gloomy and sipped my iced caramel macchiato.

"Mwoh?! How can you not know yet? You have to set your goals in life... Blaa..bla..future...bla bla.." as Eun Shi, my bestest friend in the world starts to nag me, I noticed a notice hung on the information board of the coffee shop we were in. I got up from my seat and walked to the board. I adjusted my black-rimmed glasses as I read the notice. My eyes widen as I read it again.  it's a job offer for a fashion graduate!

"What are you doing?" my best friend caught up to me. "hey.. This isn't half bad. This is an opportunity for you" she said as she patted my shoulder.

"ermm.. You think so?" I looked at her with my eyes, which are no longer widen, but rather droopy and scared now.

"are you a fashion graduate?" asked a voice all of a sudden. It was the barista. He must have watched us for a while and understood what was going on. I looked at him and he said "cause if you are, I can give you the details of where the walk in interview will be held." and I nodded profusely.  

 

521, Apgujeong-2(i)-dong,

Gangnam-gu, Seoul.

02 - 431 8929

 

 "Gomawo" Eun Shi and I thanked the barista.

We walked out of the cafe and I spotted Eun Shi doing one of her favorite gestures, tapping her chin.

"What is it now, Bae Eun Shi?" I asked with a slightly concerned tone. Just a few minutes ago she was the one that pestered me to go to the walk-in interview, and now she's giving me goosebumps. "is something wrong?"

"ani.." her eyes glued to the address on my Galaxy Tab. "it's like I know this address.. I wonder why the barista didn't give us the name of the building, or at least the name of the company you'll be interviewing for."  

Hmm. Eun Shi has a good point. I wonder what kind of job scope it is. Will I be a fashion designer or a stylist. I have always wanted to be a stylist. It will be easy to work with things that are already there. Mixing and matching, not to forget, shopping for materials! It would be awesome! I smiled a little at the happy thought.  

Already all my worries of the interview tomorrow are left behind as we approach my apartment. I live alone. I do have a family. It is just that my family wants to live a less hectic life, so they moved to Jeju-do. I already told my abeoji that I might be working in Seoul once I graduated. And that is why he left this apartment for me. Appa, saranghe yo..  

"Mira-ya, I discovered something.." Eun Shi suddenly said as she freely landed on my bed. "and you might not even believe me" eyes still glued to my tab's screen.

"psk. Mwo ya!" I laughed a little and snatched my tab from her and my eyes slowly widen as I look at the screen. Eun Shi had Googled the address and that puts an end to her curiosity  "S..SS..SM Entertainment?!" I shrieked and stood up as Eun Shi grabbed my hands and we both performed our happy dance. Mine was somewhat like Wonder Girls famous Nobody But You's dance, while Eun Shi's was a bit more ual, the Sistar 9 swiping dance. We're both crazy. Crazy about idols. Eun Shi might be crazy about how insanely good looking they are, but me.. I'm crazy about their fashion.  

I mean, have you seen an idol recently? Working with them would be heaven for somebody like me. A soon-to-be stylist's dream, like me.  

"I'm guessing the company didn't want to put their name on the job ad. In case any saesang fans suddenly turn up at the interview begging for a job, " Eun Shi made a conclusion.

"you mean saesang fan like yourself," I laughed and immediately earned a slap on the shoulder. Oww!  

Eun Shi and I wasted no time as she helped me pick an outfit for the interview of my life. My whole life might be depending on this interview. Once we came into an agreement on what I'd be wearing tomorrow, she gave me a free talk and tips on what and how to answer during the interview. Eun Eun, saranghe yo.. You truly are my best girl.

Eun Shi had left. Leaving me alone. I stood at the balcony, gazing at the view of Soeul. The cool breeze blowing on my face helped to calm me down. My dream of becoming a stylist is becoming true! All I need to do is just excell in the interview tomorrow. Eek! This is all too good to be true. I jumped onto my bed and pulled up the covers and smiled a silly smile as I slowly dozed off.