VIP

That Man

Ige museun iriya ireoke joheun nare
Ige museun iriya ireoke joheun nare
You! Baby i want you beautiful love hey!
Wassup wassup tell me tell me wassup~

I smiled as I listen to my B1A4's alarm tone. Today is going to be a great day. I slowly got out of bed and walked towards the bathroom, dragging my Hello Kitty towel as I passed by. After washing up, I looked into the mirror and nodded to myself, "Mira-shi, this is going to be a great day!" I chimed happily as I put my fist up into the air. yess!

Full of confidence, I slipped into what Eun Shi and I agreed upon wearing yesterday. 

mYF15Pvl.jpg

It is summer, isn't it? But I rather not go with the flowery or colour blocking look. Just to keep it simple and professional. I opened up the compartment of the black bag and checked to make sure I had my portfolio and resume ready. 

I let out a deep breath making my mouth pout a little. sheesh.. I am nervous after all.

________________________

I stepped out of the taxi and inhaled a big gulp of air as I tilt my head to admire this tall building in front of me. I'm here. The ever famous SM Ent. building. There is a presence of glamorous  aura in the air. I can hear the sounds of various music as soon as I stepped into the foyer. I wonder if I'll be gliding shoulders with anybody famous here today. Tihi.. I really should stop fangirl-ing to myself. Get your head back in the game, Mira-ya!

"Can I help you?" a warm voice stopped my fangirl-ing session. I turned around and saw a lady standing behind the reception table. 

"Ah. Ne. Urmm.." I started to stammer. Indicating that I'm starting to get all nervous again. I cleared my throat and attempt to regain composure. "annyeonghaseyo.. I'm here for a walk-in interview" my voice going slightly upwards as I finish the sentence.

"Eh? You mean audition? You want to audition?" my eyebrowse arched as I listened to the lady asking me if I came here for an audition.

"Aa.. ani.. ani.. aniya.." I begin stammering again, waving both of my hands in front of my face. "in-ter-view" I said slowly, making sure she heard me right this time. "interview for the fashion graduate candidate" again I end my sentence with my voice going slightly upwards. I grinned at her as I let her digest what I just said. 

She checked her memo and faced me, "ne. Jwesong-hamnida. I thought your were here for an audition. Please go to level 4 and into the CEO's office. He'll be expecting you there." I nodded and gawked to myself when I heard the word CEO. I quickly headed for the elevator.

"Agassi.." I turned around as the receptionist lady called to me.

"Oh, ne?" I wondered if I have left anything on the counter, "did I leave something behind?"

"Ani-yo agassi" she said as she smiled sheepishly. "It's just that you look really good and I was fast to assume that you were here for an audition. yeppuda.."

"Ah.. ahaha.." I too smiled sheepishly. "komapseumnida" I nodded to her a few times and smiled as I  left for the elevator. I pressed the level 4 button and the door closed revealing a mirror in front of me. As I looked into the mirror, again, I did my confidence-boosting-ritual. I put up my fist in the air and said rather loudly, "fighting!"

*Ting!*

The door opened and there in front of me, who still has a fist in the air, is non other than uri Kyuhyun-shi! 

"Is something wrong?" He entered the elevator and took out his phone from his back pocket.

"Ah. anii.." I quickly put my fist down and looked to the floor, adjusting my black-rimmed glasses at the same time. This is too awesome! I thought to myself. As he was busy reading something on his phone, I took a quick glance at him. Mwoya.. He was wearing a shabby T with a pair of shabby khakis. Where's the fashion, Kyuhyun-shi?! But the wonderful scent coming from him is just amazing. I'm guessing Tommy Hilfiger. It compliments him very well. The way he just stands there with a hand in his pocket and the other one holding his phone. Simplicity at it's best.

He must have realized that I was staring at him, because he suddenly turned his head to me. !

*Ting!*

Ahh. Saved by the bell.  Level 4. I quickly started walking, only to realize that I bumped into Kyuhyun's shoulder right in the middle of the elevator's door. It must have been quite a bump because his phone had dropped to the floor. 

"Jwesong-hamnida. Jwesong-hamnida," I quickly nodded to him several times and quickly picked up his phone. I accidently read the text message on the screen.

Come to sajangnim's office at 11 - Manager Hyung.

I handed him the phone. His eyes on me while taking the phone from my hand. Was he angry? Oh God please no! He ushered his hands forward, and I assumed it was a sign language for "ladies first"

__________________________

I stood still in front of the big oak door. Pheww. I blew my bangs off my forehead. 

"Nervous?" asked the secretary from her desk, as she pushed some numbers on the intercom. 

Psk.. Is it not obvious that I'm nervous as hell. I bit my lips and took a deep breath. I nodded and smiled a pathetic smile at the secretary to show that I was really really nervous. As if what I encountered with Kyuhyun-shi just now had not ripped my heart out, now I have to face the CEO of this mega-company. Appa~

"Ok. You can go in now" she said as she too held her fist into the air and mouth out a voiceless fighting. My eyes brighten up a little and I replied my holding up my fist too. 

Slowly turning to the door, I grabbed the knob and turned it. Took a big gulp of breath and chirped, "annyeonghaseyo. Kim Mira ibnida" and bowed. 

Sajangnim wasted no time at all and got on with the interview. 

"What is your philosophy in fashion, Mira-shi?" he asked while flipping through my portfolio. 

"My philosophy in fashion is.." I paused and smiled as I continued, "every piece of apparel and accessory has it's own story and message to be sent to whom ever viewing. Everybody is entitled to their own interpretation of the fashion statement, but when I create something, people would at least have one unanimous interpretation, which is 'fantastic'. It may just be shirt and a khakis, but if done right, it could get an idol through a day, without civilians or netizens thrashing his image." I finished my philosophy question with a nod and a bright smile.

Sajangnim laughed a little and I immediately got scared if I over did it. Perhaps I was too confident? I bit my lips on the inside.

"I really don't need a professional stylist, we've got loads of them in the building" he said.  Urgh. I must have overdid it. I face-palmed myself in my mind and looked down at the carpeted floor. "What I need is a personal stylist," he stopped. I tilted my head up and as if hope had restored itself, my heart started to beat a notch faster. 

"Personal stylist?" I asked wondering how it differed from a professional stylist. Sounds pretty much the same to me. 

"Judging from the philosophy question you answered, I take that you not only placed fashion as your priority, but also your client, in this case, our idols. I am offering you a post as a personal stylist for one of our idols. That makes you a very important person for both the company and the idol. " I kept my face as still as possible, but in heart, I'm doing my happy dance. Oh yeah!

"You will be working with one idol, who really does need a lot of help. He's been very busy lately and is in need of some organizing." he elaborated as he busily takes out some documents. He? a male idol? nugu.. I thought to myself  "Any questions?" he paused and looked at me.

"May I know who I will be working with?" I asked in a small voice. 

"Jwesong-hamnida, sajang-nim. I had to answer a call from KBS earlier." barged in a voice of velvety caramel machhiato-like. In an instant, I knew exactly who I'll be working with. Wait til Eun Shi hears this! I shrieked in my about-to-burst heart.