Captain Awesome

That Man

Readers Readers Readers Readers ...

Uri nun Readers..

I appologize for not being able to 

update like on Monday, as promised.

Not gonna give any lame excuses,

just please forgive me, 

and continue supporting me

by reading this ff. 

it means so much that there are people actually 

reading this *sobs*

I'm okay if there isn't any comment, 

as long as there are people reading, I'm good, 

and I know this by observing the number of views. 

Stick with me til the end, okay?

♡ ♡♡♡♡♡♡ Love is feeling~

 

 


What  the hell, I'm just going to go for it.

I want her, she wants me too,

I can feel that,

I'll make her happy, coz I know I can,

She's mine. I'm hers. The end. 

 

Those were the words Kyuhyun sworn by right before he went on stage. He decided that table will be turning. He'll make things right, the way it should be. He smirked, remembering the text message Jay sent him a few days ago.

 

"Make her happy. Or I'll break your neck"

 

No necks will be broken, that's for sure, he thought. This new found energy and will power in him made him shine through the SS5 concert. He was his witty self again, and the members liked that. They ruffled his hair as soon as the concert ended saying that they didn't expect him to be this vibrant after how gloomy he was this passing week.

"Well, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do," he said, cocky, earning a nudge into his ribs from Heechul. "Oww.." he moaned.

The sound of people cheering broke through the halls. The manager just announced that they all get a whole day off in Beijing tomorrow before they head back to Seoul the next day after that. Mira's eyes twinkle as she thought of all the lovely places she'd want to visit. She has been browsing through the net on wonderful places around Beijing, just to kill time, and also to take her mind off a certain somebody.

"Mira ssi! Come and join us please.." the other stylists pleaded, to which she refused them ever so politely. "OK, but don't work too hard. Bye!". Mira just smiled and shook her head, wondering what they were so happy about.

"You need help?" Mira jolted in surprise as she turned to see the tall figure by the door. K--Kyuhyun?

"Since when did you start offering for help?" she readjusted the rims of her glasses and mentally smacked her head for that sarcastic response she offered him.

"Well.. Um.. There's always a first for everything, right?" he raised a brow and scratched his un-itchy nape at the same time. Mira looked back at the clothes she was folding, trying to hide a smile. Cute, she thought. Soon, both of them started to fold the clothes, placing them into cases to be sent back to Korea, while Mira was refolding most of the clothes Kyuhyun folded, perhaps not satisfied by the way he folded them.

"Wae yo..? Did I fold them wrong?" he asked as he caught her refolding the sequined jacket he just folded.

"Ani yo.. I just want them to be symmetrical."

"You perfectionist," he smirked. Deep inside he was feeling so good that they were now in talking terms, and that alone is satisfying enough for him than having to 'eye ' her from afar.

"Well," Mira smacked the case full of folded clothes shut. "Thanks for helping. I could always use free labour. I'm off to my room," she gave him a devilish smile and attempted to walk away.

"Who said anything about working for free?" Mira stopped and looked at her wrist being shamelessly grabbed by him.

"Eehh?" What do you mean, boy ...

"Everybody I know here is either out getting drunk at a Chinese bar or gone shopping at some Chinese street. Why would you want to be alone?" That's it GaemGyu! What do I care about shame. Just do it, do it! 

She could feel her heart thumping hard, about to burst from her rib cage. Kyuhyun is making things hard for her. Hard for her to forget him. Hard for her to get away from him. Hard for her to resist his longing gaze she missed so much. She her lips, trying to figure out an answer for his question.

Muahaha.. She's losing it. I'll stick to this method of being bold and seductive, Kyuhyun thought.

"Come on," he said as he got up from the couch and released her wrist, and then shoved his own hands into his pockets instead.

"I'll show you around, since this isn't my first time here," he rocked in his feet, waiting for her answer, hoping for a positive one. "I..just..um.." she mumbled, pointing to the door. Oh . She's going to turn me down. Oh no you won't, woman. I won't allow that. "Auww.. Come on, let's just go.." he grabbed her wrist again, grabbed her phone and stuffs on the counter and shoved them into her bag, put her backpack on and dragged a clueless looking Mira out of the room.

***

"Welcome to Wangfujin Street," he said as he sipped his ice-blended bubble tea, making slurping sounds as loud as possible.

"You're going to get a sore throat tomorrow, drinking ice at this hour," she said taking the cup away from him, then remembering the moment they shared the Hagen Daaz ice cream that one night.

"Try some. You don't know what you're missing," he smiled and shoved the straw gently towards her lips. Indirect kiss? Oh yeah..

"Yah. What the-- emm.. Not bad," she continued slurping, not realizing how Kyuhyun was staring at her like he could gulp her down in one bite.

"Now, you'll get a sore throat too," he smirked and pretended to look at the neons down the street.

He--he remembered too? Dejavu? Hmm.. "Whatever.." she mumbled and simultaneously folded her arms, rubbing the sides.

"Cold aren't we?" he asked, looking at her but still continued walking. She shook her head and threw the now empty plastic cup into a nearby trashcan they passed by. "Come here," he grabbed her hand in a swift motion and jammed it into the pocket of his varsity jacket. A smile curled upon his lips as he couldn't believe how bold he was. Somehow, he felt relieved that Mira didn't reject. They continued walking down the neon lit street quietly.

Even though they were quiet, things were pretty busy in the pockets of that jacket. Once in a while, Kyuhyun would tickle her palms and she would just pinch him instead. "Oww," Kyuhyun would fake a moan.

Mira didn't know what to feel, but she certainly couldn't fight the ecstatic feeling forming in the corners of her heart. She can't lie to herself. She loves this. She loves it how Kyuhyun was acting so bold. She loves the skinship. But then her logics snapped her out of her ecstasy. Why are we holding hands again? Oh, because I'm cold. And she would blush profusely.

"Gosh. It's almost midnight, and the street is still busy," Mira glanced at a nearby clock tower and realized the time."We should really head back to the hotel, Kyuhyun ssi," and tugged her hand away from him and hating the emptiness and cold sensation following it.

"So where are you planning to go tomorrow?" he continued walking, completely ignoring her suggestion to go back. Tch..

"I want to go see the Heaven's gate," a smile formed upon her lips, thinking of how beautiful and awesome it would be to actually go up the steps all the way to the top.

"All the way inTai' an?" he turned around and looked at her, his eyes ready to pop out any moment. "By your self?". Mira nodded and smiled, as she too enlarged her eyes to match his disbelieving, when really she was just amazed that he too knows about this Heaven's gate place.

"Isn't it exciting?" she asked.

"I'm coming with you," he barked and grabbed her hand.

"What?! Why?! Yaahh?! Where are you taking me?! Kyuhyun ssi..!!" she shrieked as he started to pull her to some direction. "T-train station? What in the universe are we doing here?" she looked scared, because it was now half past midnight and even though the station is busy with people walking around everywhere, she has a feeling that Kyuhyun wants to take her on a train to somewhere.

 

"The best thing is to leave for Tai'an now, because it takes 6 hours on train and you'll be wasting time if you leave tomorrow morning, " he said as he kept on walking towards the ticketing counter.

"What?!" shrieked Mira and tugged Kyuhyun's sleeves violently, causing him to stop and face her completely. But--but.. That'll mean-like-- leaving- emm... now. Right?! Without anything, just bringing-- I don't know.. our bodies?!---in case we need it. Why is there even a 'WE'?! *Pulls hair* 

"Come on, please," his soft voice pierced through her confusion and she started to tag behind him again. Mira stood by Kyuhyun at the counter and just observed him purchasing the tickets, reminiscing moments when he helped her get through the tough days when her father was involved in the accident. 

We've been through a lot , now that I actually think about it. I miss you. I miss--us.  Her eyes begin to sparkle as moisture started to collect itself in those set of hers.

"Two seats to Tai'an, please"

"Would you like the--"

"The normal one. The normal one, please" "

"OK. Please give me a moment" He smiled to himself in pleasure, as the ticket lady was busy getting their tickets ready. He turned to her and spotted the wall of tsunami in her eyes.

"What--why? What is it, Mira?" he couldn't help but feel at guilt. Oh shoot. What have I done..

"Nothing.." she rubbed her eyes and gave him a smile, which Kyuhyun thought was the prettiest and most sincere he had seen in days, probably weeks. Oh I could hug you now, you little kitty, he thought but only get to be as stiff as ever when Mira suddenly laced her arms with his and rested her head on his arms. He had a confused look on his face, confused thinking about whether he should just smile, or keep a cool face, or do a square dance right there. But then settled for a shy-derp-like instead.

Tonight is just one night

너를 잃기 전처럼 // Just like before I lost you~

 

Hey.. I think I'm going to have fun on this 6 hour trip. Just thinking about it makes me feel--

"Sir? Sir, here are the tickets and have a safe journey"