Me?

That Man

 

I didn't expect his arms to be so muscular. They look kind of thin to me. I guess he has been working out. Wait, I should know when he works out, I've got his schedule after all.

We entered the theatre and went straight to his dressing room. I immediately went to the rack where the costumes he was supposed to wear are hung. I inspected each and every one of them, making sure there aren't any defaults. Kyuhyun was sitting on the lounge cushion at the corner of the room. He had not said anything to me since we got in. So, I decided to break the ice.

I slowly walked to him. "Kyuhyun-shi.." I called him. No answer. "Kyuhyun-shi.." I let my voice go a notch higher. Still no answer. This time I placed my finger on his hand and slowly poked it, "Kyuhyun-shi.." I whispered and like a person who just woke up from a nightmare, he grasped my hand tightly and directly looked into my eyes. His eyes were red. Either he was in a deep sleep, or he really was having a nightmare.

"Umm?" he said, perhaps asking for the reasons why I disturbed his beauty sleep. I wished he would let go of my hands. I wouldn't want anybody to barge into the room, thinking I might be harassing him or something. Plus, his grasp is kind of hurting me.

I quickly thought of something to say, "mian. It's 10 minutes to 5. I really think you should get up and get ready for the play." Yup. That seems to be the perfect thing to be said. Sounds professional too. Good job, Kim Mira and I gave myself a mental pat on the back.

He looked at me blankly. Does he even know who I am? Perhaps after that deep sleep, he has forgotten who I am. Or maybe he suddenly remembered about the phone incident!  Aigoo. I am sure to be yelled at later, I thought and squinted my eyes a little, bearing the pain from his grasp.

He suddenly snapped back to reality and finally let my hand go. Ouch! It hurts so much. The size of his hand was almost twice mine. You can imagine the pressure.

"Aish.. gwaenchanayo? I'm sorry. I'm sorry.." He realized I was in pain. "Why didn't you tell me I was squeezing your hand too hard?! Yah.." he sounded disappointed.

"I.. I know that you are mad at me about the phone. So, I'm letting you vent it out on my hand," I said and then realized that it sounded stupid. I pouted my mouth and rubbed my hand. It is slightly red now.

"Mwo? What phone?! Aish. My phone is working just fine. And why would I even get mad at.. a girl.. as cute.. as you.." he slowly dragged the last part of his words, making sure I couldn't hear them and stood up as he walked away towards the door.

"Mwo? What did you say?" I wasn't sure if I heard his mumblings right.

"I said, put some ice on that hand before it gets swollen," he said and disappeared. Psk. You're the one who's supposed to get me ice, you evil man! Ouch..

_______________________

Kyuhyun eventually got dressed and as I was busy perfecting his orange vast, a makeup artist was busy perfecting his complexion.

"Mira-ya, what's wrong with your hand. It doesn't look too good," she asked, gesturing to my red and now swollen wrist. Kyuhyun quickly glanced at me in the mirror and looked away. He had a regretful look on his face. It wasn't entirely your fault, Kyu. I was the one who disturbed you.. 

"This? Ah.. haha.. I had my watch on too tight. So, yeah.." I said as I slowly fade out my voice. I really wanted to tell her that Kyuhyun here, grabbed my ever so delicate wrist like there's no tomorrow. But of course I didn't. Out of the blue, in came several familiar faces and made some really loud noise. I'm pretty sure they're here to show some support to Kyuhyun. He sure is one lucky guy to be getting so much support and love. Hmm, love..

"Congratulations, Kyu! Chukae!" they chimed. Ah, it was his friends. I took a closer look and soon realized that it was Sungmin, Yesung, and Jay Park. It was a little bit hard to recognize them because of their casual looks and without makeup. I saw Jay Park was wearing a pair of black-rimmed glasses, similar to mine. He caught me looking at him and flashed a bright smile.

"Kyuhyun-aa, why didn't you introduce your yoja chinggu here to us?" he said as he raised his browse repeatedly. I was surprised by Jay's remark and looked at Kyuhyun.

"Yeah, Kyu. nugu ga? Why haven't I seen her before?" Sungmin asked and demanded an answer right away. Fans are indeed right, the way he talks is just cuteness. Sungmin-shi, you can't possibly be jealous of me, can you?

Kyuhyun looked at me and casually draped his arms around my neck. Mwoya?! What the?! "This here, is MY personal stylist. Mine," he said as he widen his eyes at the words 'my' and 'mine'. "Sajangnim appointed her this morning, and now she has to follow me where ever I go," he added, full of pride and ending the sentence by looking into my face, as if telling me that's right, agassi, you will have to follow me everywhere from now on. Gulp!

Here he is again. The evil Kyuhyun. The evil maknae. He hasn't been showing his evil chakras since we left Sajangnim's office. And now, here he is.

I looked at him and wondered if he is drunk. Slowly taking his arms off my shoulders and carefully adjusted my glasses, I introduced my self to the other guys, "anyeonghaseyo. Kim Mira ibnida" and bowed to them. "I am Kyuhyun-shi's personal stylist", I added.

They too bowed and clap their hands in unison,  for what reasons I don't know, but I can hear Jay saying beneath his breath, "kyupta..". I looked at him as he continued to observe me with a dreamy stare. I felt that it was kind of funny, because we both were wearing the same kind of glasses.

I suddenly hear Kyuhyun coughing and I immediately asked him, "gwaenchanayo?"

"Aishii.. Let's take a group photo while we're at it."  he completely ignored me.

tPSrpU1l.jpg

I just stood there and looked at them as they posed for the camera. Another two of the cast joinned them for a group photo. I turned around and busily cleared the makeup table. In my mind, I wondered if Kyuhyun didn't like the way I spoke to his friends. Or, could it be that he was angry when I took his arms away from my shoulders. Or, was he finally angry about the phone?! Omo.. My mind was congested and I frowned a little.

"Mira-shi.." wait, isn't that Jay Park's voice calling me. I turned to my right and there he was standing 2 feet away from me. His left side profile is awesome, probably because of the little stars tattoos on his neck. They're really cute. Twinkle twinkle little stars..

"Ne?" I answered him.

"Are you coming with us to watch the play? We've got an extra seat coz Hyukjae couldn't make it. So.." he dragged his sentence and waved the extra ticket to proof he wasn't kidding. Am I hearing right? Did Jay park just ask me to watch a play with them? Wow. Eun Eun, I cant believe my lucky stars!

"I.. umm.. " I mumbled. That would be awesome, but I wasn't sure if I was allowed to. I didn't know what to say, so I just bit my lips and smiled.

"It's okay. No pressure," he said, lifting both of his hands in the air. "But if you change your mind, there'll be an empty seat beside me. Araso?" he winked and walked away as he put the ticket back into the pocket of his pants. I hope I didn't disappoint him in any way. It's just that.. Maybe I should ask Kyuhyun if I could watch. Wait, where's Kyuhyun?

"Ne, Gomawo. Wish me luck!" he said as he closed the door. So, everybody left? Is it just me and him? Perhaps I should ask him now.

"Kyuhyun-shi.. do you think I could.."

"No" he said firmly. "I mean, no.. you can't go just yet." switching to a rather mellow tone. "I'll be coming in and out of here almost every 10 minutes, I want you to be here.. and help me.. with the clothes." he said with his eyes looking to the floor. Jay must have asked him before I did. I didn't know how to respond to him, so I just stood there and played with my hands. "If you feel bored, here.." he said and tossed his Playstation Portable to me. I stared at him blankly as I hold on to his PSP. "I've got to go, show is starting in 15. Wish me luck.." he said while walking and I showed him my sacred fist sign.

"Fighting.." I said in a small voice. He looked at me and smiled as he closed the door behind him.