Feeding Time

30 Day Challenge

Day 6 July 12th

 

Joon didn’t know why he had gotten himself into this, but he had, and now he was stuck.

 

-Flashback-

 

Joon trotted happily into Mir’s room to find the other in deep musing with his snake Godongyi hanging out around his neck.  Sitting next to Mir, and petting Godongyi, Joon wondered what could possibly be making Mir have this half frown on his face.

 

After a few more moments of silence, Joon asked, “Mir-ah~ why the long face?” Cracking up at his own joke, Joon chuckled but calmed back down when he saw that Mir had not responded. Looking back at the still deep in thought male, Joon shook Mir to get his attention.

 

“Oh Joon hyung…when did you get here,” he asked sheepishly, knowing that he had probably been there for a good few minutes.

 

“I’ve been in here an hour, just reading your comic books.” And at Mir’s shocked and concerned expression, he soothed Mir by saying, “Oh don’t get your in a twist! I have been here no more than five minutes, and even Godongyi greeted me more than you did.”

 

“Oh, sorry hyung, but I’m just worried about something,” and Mir almost went back into deep contemplation before Joon pulled him back by speaking again.

 

“And what has our Miru~ so worried?” Joon said and looked at Mir with a pleased smile.

 

“Well, G.O and Seungho hyungs will be gone this week, just like I will and Godongyi will need to be fed two days from now. The managers said they would try and get to it, but also said that he might get fed a day late. I really don’t want to have him fed on another day, since it is so hard already to keep the one I have for him. I don’t want to mess up his routine.”

 

“And you didn’t ask Thunder or I if we would be able to feed him?”

 

“Well Thunder is afraid of Godongyi and I just didn’t want to bother you to come up here, since I know you live so far away.” Mir said and looked down a sad gloom over taking his appearance.

 

“I don’t mind! I was going to plan a trip out one day, and I could stop by and feed Godongyi for yo-“

 

“Really?! Thank you, thank you, thank you!” Mir said and planted a big sloppy kiss on Joon’s lips before leaving the room in higher spirits to go and talk to the managers that were in the living room.

 

-End Flashback-

 

So that’s how Joon came to be in Mir’s room, looking from the mice to the snake that looked hungry. Sure Joon had seen Mir, and even the manager’s feed Godongyi, but it felt entirely more intimidating, now that it was just him standing between the snake and its lunch.

 

Joon decided to thaw the mice at least to give him some time to calm his heart, before he headed back into Mir’s room. Once the mice were thawed and dried somewhat so that bedding wouldn’t stick to their fur, Joon headed back and tried to put on a confident attitude.

 

Joon quickly found the tongs that Mir used to hold the mice up for Godongyi to snatch up, and then took hold of the first of six mice that lay in the small bowl that sat beside him.

 

Holding it up and wiggling it a little, Joon saw the snake watch the wiggling thing in the tongs, and then still. Still wiggling it, Joon thought Godongyi had lost interest until…-thump-… Godongyi now with mouse curled into its coils thumped against the bottom of the tank as it ‘choked’ the life of its victim. Then once Godongyi had decided it was dead enough, it unraveled and positioned it head first. Taking no less than ten minutes to swallow the thing completely, Joon watched mesmerized as the mouse slowly disappeared.

 

“Wow,” Joon breathed out and got the second mouse into the tongs and held it out in front of Godongyi, wiggling it a little before coaxing the snake into striking its next kill. This pattern repeated until all of the mice were gone, and Joon was still as mesmerized with how the snake could swallow the mice like it did.

 

‘Now I get why Miru likes Godongyi so much! He’s pretty freaking amazing!’ Joon thought and went to wash the bowl and leave Godongyi to digest. Two days later, and Joon showed up to welcome Mir home.

 

“Joon hyung! I’m back!” Mir said and literally jumped into Joon’s arms. Joon caught him easily and spun him around, getting a kiss from Mir as he dragged Joon to his room to check on Godongyi. “He looks good hyung, I knew you would take care of him!” Mir practically beamed and then brought Joon in for a second kiss that day which took his breath away.

 

Dazed and smiling like a fool, Joon was pulled to the bed, where Mir and him lay cuddled, as Mir told him all about his vacation.

 

 

A/N:

 

This is my first JoonMir ever! And if you haven’t figured out by now, I love animals and am fascinated with snakes! When I found out that Mir had a snake, I practically screamed/squealed in delight, and watched the Idol manager episode where he introduces Godongyi, over and over again! I hope he gives it a life full of happiness, but I wonder what he will do with it when it grows to around ten feet? Maybe he will give it to a zoo like Yesung did with his turtle! But anyways, hope all my mallowies had a good day, and that you have peace and can ‘use the force, my young padawans.’ Right, obligatory cookies, kisses, and a special mouse just for all you reptile lovers out there!   *chuu~   ^_~