Normal Life

The Friendly and The Mean

            Junhyung began to move in his sleep. He fell over, bumping into Kikwang. They both woke up and glanced over onto the bed, the DooSeob couple still asleep. Junhyung grabbed the towels and soaked them in cold water. As he returned, he glanced over to the living room, on the couch, Hyunseung and Dongwoon watching TV silently. They both looked exhausted. Junhyung passed the towels to Kikwang and went over to the couch. He plopped down next to Hyunseung, giving the hyung a comforting hug.

            “You’re foot okay?” Hyunseung smiled and nodded.

            “Just a little burn. Are Yoseob and Doojoon okay?”

            “They’re still unconscious. I’m sure they’re fine though.” Kikwang answered for Junhyung as he came walking out from the hallway. “I’m tired, my body is aching.” The other three nodded in agreement. They watched the television screen in silence for the next hour. There was nothing to do and they were all too tired to find something. Dongwoon’s ears suddenly perked up.

            “Doojoon’s up.” The other three looked over to empty hall, hearing a slight scuffling noise. They all got up and quietly shuffled to the door, taking a glimpse inside the room. Doojoon was slowly getting up, looking at his surroundings with a confused expression.

            “I’m…not dead?” He looked to his side and saw Yoseob, still asleep. “Yoseob’s here also…” He smiled, feeling relieved. Oblivious to the fact that the other four were at the door, the hyung began to tear up. “Thank you, guys…” He wiped his eyes with his arm, cooled down from the intense heat. The group at the door smiled and went back to the TV, letting the oldest have his moment of joy. Doojoon continued to watch Yoseob, hoping for the boy to wake up soon. A few minutes flew by, and he started to get worried. “Yoseob, how are you still not up? The fire must’ve completely worn you out…” He frowned, confident that the boy was fine and would wake up soon, but Yoseob showed no sign of waking up. “Well, I’ve only waited for seven minutes…” The hyung let out a sigh and came closer to Yoseob, wrapping his arms around the blonde. He’ll wake up sooner or later. Doojoon lied there for another three minutes or so and then got his face up close to the boy’s face, inspecting for any facial movement. You’re still alive, right…? Paying close attention to Yoseob’s eyes, he noticed a bit of movement from the boy’s eyeballs. Alright, he’s fine. Doojoon smiled, and without his attention, Yoseob suddenly pulled forward and planted a peck on the hyung’s lips. Caught off guard, Doojoon was shocked, turning as red as a tomato. Yoseob open his eyes and giggled at how funny the older looked.

            “Annyeong, Doojoon-hyung!” Doojoon was still a bright red.

            “Why didn’t you tell me you were up?”

            “I just woke up, and you’re face was so close, I wanted to surprise you!” Yoseob chuckled and coughed a bit.

            “Are you okay?”

            “I don’t feel so well…And my body feels so hot and tired.” Yoseob’s eyes were still red from all the smoke and heat, just as Doojoon’s were.

            “Get some more rest, you’re safe now.” Yoseob nodded with droopy eyes. He went back to sleep with the older one hugging him, feeling protected again and drifted off to slumber. Doojoon lied there and soon fell asleep. The day went by, nothing much happening. By the end of the day, Kikwang and Dongwoon escorted the DooSeob couple to Doojoon’s house on the way home. As they reached the front, Dongwoon turned over to the oldest.

            “Are you sure you guys will be fine alone?” Doojoon nodded.

            “We’ll be okay.” Kikwang looked at him, sort of worried, but decided to let Doojoon make his own decision.

            “Alright then, bye!” Dongwoon and Kikwang waved and left.

            “See you tom-.” Yoseob called after them but began coughing.

            “Save your breath, let me go make something for us to eat.” Yoseob puffed up his cheeks and followed the hyung inside.

            “I’m gonna go shower.” He left off with some of Doojoon’s clothes and a towel. Doojoon walked over to the kitchen and took out some refrigerated meat. Starting the rice cooker, he the fire for the stove. As the hyung prepared food, Yoseob the cold water and let it run down his body. Gradually he turned up the heat and let his body relax. After a while of soaking in the shower, he remembered about his toys. “Aigoo! Where did my plushies go?!” He quickly got out of the shower and dried off. After putting on the big clothes, he came running out to the living room, still coughing his brains out. “Doojoon, did my plushies burn up…?” Yoseob’s voice was soft.

            “You can ask Junhyung, try checking if he’s online.” Yoseob dashed into Doojoon’s room and turned the computer on. Plopping on the chair, he waited for the computer to load. Once he was logged on, he clicked on Junhyung’s name.

            Do u have my toys?

            The boy sat waiting for a reply. Finally, Junhyung began typing.

            Yea theyre over by the couch u forgot to take them with u

            Ok thx! I will get them tomorrow

            After confirming the location of Yoseob’s toys, the two began to talk about random things. They both left to have dinner and came back, Doojoon and Hyunseung now part of the conversation. Soon, Kikwang was also online with Dongwoon. The six all chatted with each other for the night. They all went to sleep at around 11:45PM, remembering they had school the next day.

            School was normal for the next few days, nothing much happened. Doojoon attended his afterschool sport practices like normal. He avoided Hongki as much as possible. Yoseob hung out with Seungri and Daniel a lot more.

            It was a Friday, the six had came up with plans to go to the mall and watch a movie or two on Saturday. Taking Yoseob’s suggestion, they invited Daniel and Seungri to come along. When the day came, the eight headed out for the mall, ready for a fun and enjoyable day. They walked around, doing what everyone else would do at the mall, acting like a bunch of crazy kids as they did so. When they reached the Forever 21 shop, Yoseob immediately dragged Doojoon in.

            “You want another outfit?” Doojoon chuckled, but Yoseob shook his head. “Hey, what a coincidence! I just noticed you wearing the outfit I bought you the other day.” Yoseob nodded and smiled.

            “I just want to try on some more outfits, but let’s not buy anything.” The two wandered off, leaving the other six behind. Seungri and Daniel dragged Kikwang and Dongwoon around, asking each other what looked good on who. Dongwoon suddenly stopped.

            “I…” Kikwang looked at him.

            “Hmm?”

            “There’s something off…Where’s Junhyung and Hyunseung?” Kikwang searched around for a bit, Daniel and Seungri still digging through for outfits. Finally, he pointed over to near the front of the store.

            “Over there, why?”

            “Oh, alright then…I’m not sure…”

~

            The couple went back to sit on the bench. Kikwang turned over to Dongwoon.

            “Is that really gonna happen, or did you just make that up?” Dongwoon puffed up his cheeks.

            “I kinda made that up. I know something’s gonna happen, but it won’t be good.” Kikwang looked at him with a worried expression. Dongwoon turned over to him and smiled. “Come on, it won’t be too bad.” 

----

Sorry, boring short chp. Thanks for reading/subscribing/commenting!