I Am Dreaming

The Friendly and The Mean

            The next day came, Hyunseung never spoke a word and took a glance at Junhyung in class. When the bell rang for lunch, the class emptied out quickly. Doojoon went with Yoseob and Junhyung over to Hyunseung. Hyunseung saw Junhyung, and tried to leave but Yoseob pounced on him, clinging to his arm and holding him back.

            “You need to stay here and listen!” Yoseob pouted. Hyunseung’s expressionless face did not change. He tried to push the boy off but Yoseob stuck tight like glue.

            “Yoseob, get off of me.”

            “Aniyo.” Doojoon and Junhyung came over. The oldest began talking.

            “Hyunseung, why don’t you listen to Junhyung’s explanation?” He motioned Junhyung over, Hyunseung letting out a sigh. Doojoon and Yoseob ran off, leaving the two in privacy. Hyunseung stared at the younger one, making him turn red from embarrassment.

            “So?”

            “What I said yesterday was a mistake. I meant to say I didn’t enjoy it. Mianhe, for all the misunderstanding…” Hyunseung nodded, smiling a bit.

            “It’s alright…Sorry for overreacting.” The hyung turned red, knowing he couldn’t stay mad at a mistake. Junhyung smiled at how cute Hyunseung looked when he was embarrassed.

            “It’s fine, no worries!” Should I just tell him now?

            “Oh, and is it fine if I know what you guys were talking about yesterday?” Junhyung’s heart jumped.

            “Huh? Who?”

            “You, Dongwoon, and Kikwang.” The younger one’s heart raced.

            “It’s nothing! You’ll s-“

            “Please?” Hyunseung pouted, the curiosity was eating him, especially since they mentioned his name in the conversation. Junhyung turned a bright red.

            “I’ll tell you s-soon!”

            “Aniyo, tell me now!” The younger one didn’t know what to do anymore.

            “Hyunseung…” He let out a breath. “I-.”

            “ANNYEONG!” Dongwoon appeared behind the two, making them jump. Hyunseung turned around and greeted him.

            “Annyeong, Dongwoon! Do you need something?”

            “Nope, I just saw you two and decided to come over! Did I interrupt anything?”

            “Ohh, we were just talking. Nothing important.”

            “Alright then! You should’ve been over at the Jo twins’ yesterday!” Junhyung stood in the back, listening. He was unsure whether he should be relieved Dongwoon came in or frustrated that his confession was interrupted.

            “Hmm? Tell me about it!”

-

            Yoseob chomped on his sandwich happily. Doojoon sat and watched him eat. The blonde looked at him as he chewed.

            “You hungry?”

            “A-Aniy-.” Yoseob stuck an even bigger sandwich in his face.

            “Here, eat!” Doojoon smiled and blushed.

            “Kamsahamnida.” He unwrapped the sandwich and began eating. The two sat on the bench, watching whatever happened around them. “Do you think Hyunseung is fine now?” Yoseob gave a shrug.

            “I’m sure he is.” Doojoon nodded and continued eating. Once Yoseob was finished, he stood up and brushed the crumbs off. “You continue eating, hyung! I’m gonna go use the restroom.” The blonde ran off to the boy’s restroom. Doojoon finished up his sandwich and waited alone.

            In the restroom, Yoseob was washing his hands. When he was done, he dried them off and opened the door, encountering Kikwang.

            “Annyeong, Kikwang!”

            “Annyeong, Yoseob-hyung. I was just going to use the restroom.”

            “I’ll wait for you!” Kikwang smiled and went in. A few minutes later, he came back out.

            “Come on, let’s go find the others.”

            “Here, I’ll go get Doojoon-hyung.” Kikwang stared at him for a bit and nodded. Yoseob hurriedly ran off and came back with the hyung. “Okay, let’s get to the others!” The three began down the hallway. Kikwang was in the middle of the couple. He talked to Yoseob, soft enough the older one didn’t hear.

            “Yoseob-hyung, you wanna stay over at my house today? Dongwoon’s coming.”

            “Aniyo, Doojoon’s staying over at my house.” Kikwang let out a sigh and looked at the floor.

            “It’s always Doojoon-hyung, now.”

            “I…” Yoseob had nothing to say back.

            “It’s okay, you enjoy your time with him.” Yoseob felt bad, he looked over at Doojoon.

            “Is it okay if I brought Doojoon-hyung over…?” Kikwang looked up at the ceiling and thought for a moment. He let out a breath and shrugged.

            “I guess it’s fine.”

            “Why don’t we also invite Junhyung and Hyunseung?”

            “It was originally only you and Dongwoon, but sure. I guess.” Yoseob smiled and nodded happily. He began hearing things behind him. There was a loud commotion about something. When he turned around, there was a guy standing in front of him, back facing him. Doojoon and Kikwang looked over, seeing Yoseob fixed in place. They both immediately called out.

            “YOSEOB, LOOK OUT!” Yoseob turned over.

            “Huh?” The guy in front of him immediately ran to safety as another bigger fellow lunged forward with his fist, knocking the lost boy out cold. The bulky male stared at him for a moment and chased down the other guy who ran away. Voices were chanting.

            “Fight! Fight! Fight!” Doojoon and Kikwang ran over to the blonde on the floor.

            “Yoseob! Are you okay?!”

            “Quick, get him to the nurse!”

            “His face is bruised!” Yoseob opened his eyes and looked around, half awake.

            “What…happened…?” he asked too quietly for the two to hear under all the noise. Doojoon put him onto his back and set out to find the nurse. The injured boy closed his eyes again, seeing nothing but pitch black.

-

            Yoseob opened his eyes, an ice pack on his face. He was in the classroom, not the nurse’s office. Mr. Kim wasn’t in the room, everything was in chaos. He turned over to see Doojoon picking on someone with Junhyung, Hyunseung wasn’t anywhere to be seen.

            What…? So…Everything I had, was just a dream? Doojoon and Junhyung…are still… But this ice pack. Where’d it come from? His face ached, the bruise was still where it was last. Doojoon and Junhyung came over, their faces conveying no means of harm.

            “You guys are nice, right? Am I supposed to be worried right now?” So all I had was a dream and some inception…I guess none of it is real. “Did this bruise come from one of y-you guys?” Yoseob asked. He shut his eyes and braced himself the Doojoon reached forward. Stupid dreams. I hate you, brain. He felt a hand on his face.

            “You okay now?” Yoseob opened his eyes, surprised.

            “Doojoon-hyung? So that wasn’t all a dream? But…you and Junhyung were just…and…Hyunseung…isn’t here…and…” The blonde was lost. Have I lost my mind? I think I lost my mind. Oh my gosh, I lost my mind. “I must be still dreaming!” Yoseob pulled out a pair of scissors and aimed it at his wrist. The two hyungs’ eyes widened, reaching forward for the pair of scissors before the boy cut himself. Doojoon scolded him.

            “YOSEOB! Have you lost your mind?!”

            “Yes! Yes, I have! I am still dreaming, now let me wake up! And since I have this bruise on my face, why am I not at the nurse’s office?!” Junhyung looked over at Doojoon.

            “Why isn’t he at the nurse’s office?”

            “The nurse wasn’t there, I just grabbed some ice and left.” Junhyung nodded, watching Yoseob reach for the pair of scissors. Doojoon kept it out of range and didn’t let him take it. “Yoseob, snap out of it.”

            “I will, if you hand me that pair of scissors!” The hyung turned over to Junhyung.

            “He’s lost his mind.”

            “You meanie! I knew it was just all a dream! You’re still such a bully, even when I’m dreaming.”

            “What?”

            “Why’d you pick on that kid over there?”

            “I was helping him with something…I can’t joke around with someone that’s not Junhyung…?” Yoseob remained silent for a bit. He continued reaching for the sharp object but it was no use. “Put this back on your face.” He handed the boy the bag of ice.

            “No! I want to wake up!” Suddenly, Hyunseung popped his head up from behind the teacher’s desk.

            “I finally found a pencil!” Yoseob stared at him.

            “Wait, so I’m not dreaming. How’d he get here? What?” The boy was lost and dazed. “Oh my gosh, I’ve lost my mind. My face hurts.” He put his head down on the table and went back to sleep. The two hyung’s watched as Hyunseung came over. Doojoon shook his head.

            “That guy must’ve punched him too hard.”  

----

Sorry for late update! Tired and lazy after the day I had :| This chapter isn't very good either, just wanted to update so you readers have something to read 8|| Mianhe~~~~ Thank you for subscribing/reading/commenting!