Back To Work!

The Friendly and The Mean

            Kikwang searched around for a quiet area to stay at. He tried to get as far away from Yoseob and the other two as possible. Dropping flat onto the floor, he hugged his legs and cried into his sleeves. Minutes passes slowly as he sat alone. He listened to the sound of people passing by, the sound of bags rustling, the sound of closing doors. He wanted to forget everything at the moment.

-

            After a while of silence, Yoseob got up from his spot and looked over to the two hyungs. He looked at Junhyung, who returned a confused look. Avoiding Junhyung, Yoseob walked over to Doojoon and let out a sigh.

            “Doojoon, what is he doing here?” Junhyung frowned at the floor, but tried to remain calm. Doojoon spoke.

            “Yoseob, is it ok if Junhyung stayed with us?” Yoseob looked surprise.

            “U-Uh, sure! Of course, why not?” Yoseob forced a smile but seeing Doojoon smile back made his face relax. The bell rang and the three began to get to class. Along the way, Yoseob saw Kikwang entering his class. “Kikwang!” he called, but his friend didn’t hear him and disappeared through the doorway. Pouting, Yoseob caught up with the two hyungs and entered the classroom.

-

            Dongwoon took his seat next to Kikwang, and widened his eyes as he noticed Kikwang’s tearstained face.

            “Hyung, are you okay?! What happened?!” Kikwang glanced up at the younger one and smiled.

            “Ahh, I’m fine. It’s nothing.”

            “Are you sure? Do you want to tell me what happened?”

            “It’s nothing, really.”

            “Well, since you won’t tell me, I guess I will have to cheer you up! So earlier, when I followed that girl with the talking mop…”

-

            The class rushed out the door when the bell rang, leaving Yoseob, Doojoon, and Junhyung behind. As the three walked out of the classroom, Mr. Kim called them back. Yoseob peeked his head through the door, the other two following close behind.

            “What is it Mr. Kim?”

            “Are you guys almost done with your assignment, yet?” The blonde’s expression immediately changed to shock when the teacher finished speaking.

            “Oh! That’s right! Mr. Kim, we’re not sure what to do for the project! Can you help us? What exactly do we need to have down?” Junhyung groaned, now having to do part of the work.

            “Well, basically, you only need to tell us what rules there are and what the consequences are if you break them. You can add in the reason for following them, also. Any other details are gladly accepted. So I guess you are fine with Junhyung now? I don’t need to grade an extra project?” Yoseob nodded.

            “Kamsahamnida, Mr. Kim.” The boy bowed and hurried out the door. Doojoon and Junhyung bowed and left after Yoseob quietly, the three of them charging down the hall. “Hurry, we need to get to my house and get started on this project!” Out the hallway doors, down the street, and around a few bends, the three reached Yoseob’s little house. Opening the door as fast as he could, the youngest ran inside his room and searched around for the poster paper. “Annyeong, Chibimaru! How are you?” he asked the giant plush toy and headed out to the living room. Doojoon and Junhyung waited patiently and went to look for food in the kitchen. As Yoseob threw the paper over to the empty floor, he called Doojoon to go grab some writing utensils. Doojoon tossed over a pack of pens and began to eat the custard bread found in the boy’s fridge. Junhyung found a slice of cake, with slices of strawberries arranged nicely across the top.

            “Ey, Yoseob. Is it okay if I have this?” Yoseob looked over and nodded. Junhyung raised both of his eyebrows and gave a small smile. “Thanks.” He grabbed a spoon and began to eat. The blonde set down the bundle of pens and ran over to the kitchen. Grabbing some of the custard bread, he sat down next to Junhyung and began chomping down hungrily. The small group finished eating, and formed a small triangle around the large poster paper. They wrote down as many rules they could think of, along with all the consequences. Every now and then, in between their work, they would start drawing on each other, chasing each other down if they had to. Junhyung took off his jacket, revealing the tattoo on his arm. Yoseob stared in awe, making Junhyung laugh. “What is it? It’s only a tattoo.” Yoseob grabbed his pen and began to write on his own arm. After finishing, he read his tattoo out loud.

            “Car wash self customer is king!” he read while holding in his laugh. The two hyungs started laughing and Yoseob himself started to laugh. “We should get back to work!” Junhyung nodded in agreement and they resumed working again. A few minutes passed by, and soon they were nearly finished with the assignment. Suddenly, Doojoon shot up and ran to the restroom.

            “Mianhe! I’ve held it for too long now!” Dumbfounded, the two dongsaengs listened as the door shut closed, leaving the two in silence. 

----

Short chapter! Thanks for reading/commenting/suscribing!