Misunderstanding

The Friendly and The Mean

            Doojoon quickly got up, trying to explain himself but he was cut off by Yoseob.

            “I-It was a-“

            “DOOJOON-HYUNG! HOW COULD YOU?! ESPECIALLY OUT IN PUBLIC LIKE THIS? Well, even if it was private, you shouldn’t be doing that with someone else that is not me!” Yoseob pouted and frowned and stormed out the open door. The hyung charged out the door and ran after Yoseob, calling his name.

            “YOSEOB! COME BACK, WAIT!” His voice faded into the distance.

            Kikwang and Dongwoon looked over to Hyunseung. Hyunseung glanced up at them, shaking his head. I thought I’d take your word, Kikwang. He stepped over Junhyung, but something grabbed his leg. Junhyung held onto the hyung’s leg, not letting him leave the room. Hyunseung tried to shake him off, but it was no use.

            “Junhyung, let go of my leg.” Kikwang and Dongwoon came running over, separating the two from each other. “Thank you, you two.” Junhyung frowned at them and called Hyunseung back.

            “Hyunseung! Aish, why’d you two do that?” Kikwang stared at him.

            “What were you doing?”

            “Not letting him leave, so I could explain?”

            “You could’ve just told him…What if he beat you up?” Junhyung sat up, sighing as he saw Hyunseung walk off. Dongwoon crouched down beside him.

            “Why don’t you get him back, hyung?”

            “Do you think he’ll listen?” Junhyung looked at the younger one, sounding hopeful.

            “It’s just a stupid accident, he’ll understand.”

            “…Alright.” He got up from the floor and ran out the door, chasing the older one down. “HYUNSEUNG!” His voice slowly faded away. Kikwang and Dongwoon watched from the doorway, cheering him on.

            “GO JUNHYUNG!” They closed the door and plopped onto the couch, turning on the TV. Dongwoon glanced over at Kikwang and began speaking.

            “You know, I controlled that whole incident. My mind powers manipulated Doojoon’s foot to trip on that chair leg.” Kikwang stared at him. Taking a good look at the boy, he shook his head.

            “You can’t do that. Dongwoon, you’re so funny. Fanfic comments? Now mind powers? Are you going to tell me something about me that you do not know?” Kikwang rolled his eyes and laughed. Dongwoon gazed over at him, a serious expression covered his face. He began to speak, his voice was sullen, making Kikwang’s spine shiver.

            “Before Junhyung and Doojoon-hyung became nice, you gave Yoseob half of your sandwich, because his lunch money was taken by Doojoon-hyung.” Kikwang shook his head.

            “Of course I’d do th-“

            “You confessed to Yoseob when you had enough of Junhyung’s evil deeds.” Kikwang’s irritated face immediately became serious. His eyes were transfixed on the boy, shocked, stunned, surprised at how he knew about that. Staring at him for a long five minutes in silence, he finally began to speak.

            “So you did make Doojoon trip…” Dongwoon smirked at him.

            “Nah, I only know everything. I can’t make things happen. Doojoon-hyung was just stupid enough to not see that chair.” Dongwoon began to laugh and ran into the kitchen, grabbing some chips. Kikwang continued staring forward where Dongwoon was sitting. He let out a breath and shook his head.

            “I can’t believe I fell for that.”

-

            “HYUNSEUNG!” Junhyung continued after the older one. Frustrated, the hyung stopped suddenly and turned around, startling Junhyung.

            “What do you want?” His eyes showed disappointment. Junhyung turned red, looking for words to say.

            “Listen, back ther-“

            “I don’t want to know anything about that incident.” Hyunseung frowned.

            “Why don’t you just listen?!”

            “I…just didn’t think you’d take it so far…out in public…”

            “Take it so far?! I wasn’t done explaining!” He was breathing heavily, trying to get Hyunseung to listen. Hyunseung looked off to the side, and nodded.

            “Alright, tell me, what do you want to say?”

            “What you saw back there, was no-.” He was interrupted when Yoseob came storming by. The blonde frowned at Junhyung.

            “You stay away from Doojoon-hyung!” Doojoon came running after him.

            “YOSEOB! CAN YOU JUST STOP?!” The older one stopped in front of the three, catching his breath. They stared at him as his breathing began to slow down. “Okay…Yoseob! Why won’t you listen to me?”

            “After what I just saw?! Why do I need to?!” Junhyung looked around for help. He finally put his hand over Yoseob’s mouth, his other arm wrapping around the boy’s waist, holding him in place. He backed up a bit and whispered into the blonde’s ear.

            “Can you please just let us explain?” A soft whimper came from the boy as he nodded. Hyunseung and Doojoon stared at the two. Giving off a breath of relief, he took his hand off Yoseob’s mouth, attaching it to his other hand around Yoseob’s waist. Hyunseung’s and Doojoon’s eyes widened. Hyunseung stepped forward and cried out.

            “WHAT?! YOSEOB NOW, TOO?! JUNHYUNG, YOU PLAYER.” WHY DON’T YOU DO THAT TO ME? Yoseob turned red and tried to wriggle out of the older one’s arms. Doojoon walked up to them and pulled Yoseob away from Junhyung.

            “Junhyung! You…You stay away from Yoseob!” Junhyung stared back in surprise.

            “What?! Did I do something wrong?!” Yoseob glared up at his hyung and began to argue.

            “Hyung, he was just about to explain the incident! Why don’t you keep calm?” Doojoon turned red from embarrassment and slowly nodded. He looked up to Junhyung.

            “Mianhe. Go on.” Hyunseung, Yoseob, and Doojoon stood and stared at the lone guy, waiting for his explanation. Junhyung took a deep breath and began.

            “So, what happened back there, was that I was heading to the hall to find you two.” He pointed at Hyunseung and Yoseob. “Doojoon came running in to find Yoseob for whatever reason, I don’t know. He asked me where you guys were, so I told him, somewhere down this hallway, or whatever I said.” The three nodded and continued listening. “As he took a step forward, he didn’t see that chair that he tripped over. Hyung, how are you stupid enough to trip over that?!” Doojoon growled.

            “Hey, don’t call me stupid. That’s rude.”

            “Well, mianhe…” Junhyung replied in an exaggerating tone. “So, that’s how that all happened. And don’t take it the wrong way because I-.” Suddenly, Youngmin came running over.

            “Hey! So where’s Kikwang now?” The four stared at him. Junhyung finally replied.

            “He’s still at my house. Why?”

            “Oh, just having him come over, enjoy some time with us. That fangirl still wants to meet him!” Youngmin chuckled. Junhyung nodded and answered.

            “Okay, then. Enjoy yourselves.” Youngmin thanked him and ran off to the designated house. Junhyung turned back to the other three and continued speaking. “As I was saying, I enjoyed it.” He looked at them as all three of their expressions turned to deadly glares. “Huh?” He stared back, confused. OH, CRAP. DID I JUST SAY ‘ENJOYED’ INSTEAD OF ‘DIDN’T’? He tried to fix his words, but he was interrupted by the frustrated Hyunseung. “I mea-.”

            “JUNHYUNG, I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU!” The angry hyung stomped away, eyes teary. Yoseob furrowed his eyebrows and glared at the lone hyung. He looked up at Doojoon and immediately asked.

            “Did you enjoy it hyung?!” Doojoon stared back, surprised, and shook his head. “Good! Now stay away from him!” The boy hooked onto the older one’s arm and pulled him away from the loner. Junhyung let out a sigh. He stood alone, watching the three leave as Youngmin ran by with Dongwoon and Kikwang following along. He turned back and walked back to his house.

            I missed a single word…

-

            Yoseob was still clinging onto Doojoon’s arm as they walked all the way back to the blonde’s house. Yoseob looked at him.

            “Doojoon-hyung, you promise me that you didn’t do that purposely right? Right?” Doojoon chuckled and nodded, ruffling Yoseob’s hair with his free hand.

            “Of course not, you’re the only one for me.” Yoseob laughed and gave his lover a hug.

            “Okay, I love you!”

            “I love you, too, Yoseob. But you know, I think Junhyung didn’t mean that…” Yoseob turned forward and ignored the comment. Doojoon continued. “Really, I think it was just a slip of the tongue. I’m sure he didn’t enjoy that accident.” Yoseob sighed guiltily.

            “Maybe you’re right. I think I was just too jealous to listen. Wahh, I feel so bad now! I think Junhyung probably feels so torn up now.” Doojoon looked down, feeling pity.

            “We just needa tell Hyunseung. Hyunseung probably feels pretty torn, also.” Yoseob nodded and the two headed off to look for Hyunseung, hand in hand as a couple again.

            “Wait. We don’t know where he went?”

-

            Hyunseung cried to himself as he reached his house. He flopped over onto his bed, tears soaking his pillow. He thought to himself, his mind hurting. His heart was drooping with sadness.

            “Why would he do such a thing?!” I thought you were better than that. I guess I’m wrong. His eyes slowly began to close. Soon Hyunseung was asleep, his pillow still soggy. Suddenly the doorbell rang.

            Ding, dong! Ding, dong!

            He was too tired to get up. The hyung left the visitors waiting, knowing they’ll go away after a while. Voices called from outside. It was Yoseob and Doojoon.

            “Hyunseung, you there? Hello? If you are, can you open up the door? We just want to talk to you about Junhyung!” The boy winced at the name. He didn’t want to hear it anymore. He ignored them, hoping they would go away.

            Ding, dong! Ding, dong!

            Soon, the ringing stopped. A wave of relief swept over him. He listened a bit more to see if they were still there and drifted back into sleep. From outside, the couple began to leave. Yoseob sighed and looked back at the front door.

            “I guess he isn’t home.” 

----

Edit: I reread chp19 and realized I put Kikwang's house when I mean Junhyung's. I fixed that though.

Sorry for the late update! I am so sleepy ;o; Thanks for reading/commenting/subscribing! I think I just realized I always spelled it 'suscribing'. T-T