To Kikwang's House

The Friendly and The Mean

            Thump.

            Junhyung sat up, startled by a noise outside his room. Climbing out of bed, he cautiously made his way to the door. The frightened boy peeked out the door, scanning the living room for whatever caused the noise. He shook his head when he found his hyung asleep on the floor. Approaching the limp figure, he called him up.

            “Ey, Hyunseung. Wake up.” He shook his hyung a few times. “Why are you such a heavy sleeper, GET UP.” Startled in his sleep, Hyunseung slowly opened his eyes, waving Junhyung’s hands away.

            “I’m sleepy, let me sleep.” Rolling his eyes, Junhyung let out a sigh and went to the kitchen. He prepared some eggs and ham for breakfast. After he was finished, he set the food down on the table, calling Hyunseung up again.

            “Hyunseung, hurry up and get up. Or I’ll eat all the food.” The hyung gave out a groan and got up off the floor. Seating himself at the table, they began to eat. “Hey, wanna go to Yoseob’s later?”

            “Are they going anywhere later?”

            “I don’t know. So is that a yes?” Hyunseung nodded and finished up his food. Junhyung cleaned up the table as the hyung left for a shower.  After Hyunseung was finished, Junhyung took his shower. Once the two were ready, they headed out for Yoseob’s house.

            “Junhyung, you remember that day when I confessed to you? Or at least was going to.”

            “Y-Yeah, why?”

            “I want to finish what I had to say.” Junhyung’s hands became sweaty. Hyunseung reached over to hold one, realizing the humidity in his palms. “Ew, you’re so sweaty!” He wiped off the sweat on Junhyung’s shirt and began to laugh. Junhyung also started to chuckle.

            “Mianhe, hyung.” Junhyung wiped his hands on his pants, attempting to dry them off and relieve his nervousness.

            “It’s fine, haha. Junhyung, I love you.” Junhyung’s heart began to beat quickly. His hands clenched tight and began sweating again.

            “Hyunseung…”

            No, I love Doojoon…

            “I...”

            I don’t know anymore…This feeling…

             “…’m sorry.” Hyunseung nodded and smiled.

            “It’s fine, I don’t expect you to love me back. But when you do, make sure you tell me.” He ruffled the younger one’s hair around and they continued walking down the sidewalk. It was silent for a bit, until Junhyung started speaking.

            “Hyunseung?”

            “Hmm? What is it?”

            “I was kinda wondering, w-why didn’t you hate me for…being how I was?”

            “Junhyung, I love you, so whatever your flaws are, you are still perfect to me.” Junhyung’s heart began to flutter at Hyunseung’s words.

            Why am I feeling this way? I’ve already stopped loving you… “Oh,” was all he could say in response. The two reached the small house and knocked on the door. Yoseob slowly lumbered to the door, rubbing his sleepy eyes.

            Click.

            He unlocked the door and pulled it open. ”Neh? Oh, annyeonghaseyo, Junhyung. Annyeonghaseyo, Hyunseung.” The boy bowed and welcomed the two in. “You two can do whatever you want, I’m going back to sleep. Doojoon is still asleep.”

            “Doojoon spent the night here?” Junhyung asked.

            “Neh, he woke up from his nap at some time that was too late to walk home yesterday, so he spent the night here. Goodnight, hyungs.” He went back to his room and climbed onto the bed, hugging Doojoon and quickly falling asleep. Junhyung went over to the couch and sat down. He pressed the power button on the TV remote and flipped through channels. Hyunseung came and sat down next to him. Junhyung stopped when he came to a comedy show. The two watched and laughed at all the jokes and funny things that were happening. Junhyung looked over to the hallway.

            “Hey, I’m gonna go wake Doojoon up. You can watch whatever you want.” He tossed the remote to his hyung and went over to the hallway. Going over to the guest room, Junhyung peeked his head in. “Doojoon?” He furrowed his eyebrows when he found no one in there. “Where’d you go?” He turned back and tiptoed up to Yoseob’s door, not wanting to wake him up. Luckily, Yoseob left the door open. Sneaking inside, the spy peeked over at the bed and found Doojoon asleep, with Yoseob wrapping his arms around the hyung. W-What? Leaving the room hastily, he ran back to the couch and plopped onto the cushion, jealousy coursing through his veins.

            “Hey, whoa, what happened? Where’s Doojoon?”

            “He’s still asleep.”

            “I thought you were gonna wake him up?”

            “I-I changed my mind.”

            “There anything you wanna tell me?”

            “Aniyo, it’s nothing.” Hyunseung frowned at Junhyung’s sudden bluntness.

            “You make it seem like it’s something. You sure you don’t wanna talk about it?” The older one put an around Junhyung and pulled him in to comfort him. The boy’s heartbeat accelerated, his face began to blush.

            “I-I’m sure…”

            “Alright, then. Anything you want me to do?” Junhyung’s mind was in a mess, his feelings were confused, and his heart was beating. He didn’t know what he wanted anymore, but he found Hyunseung’s hug really comforting.

            “I’m fine…Y-You can just keep hugging me.” He actually felt thankful that Hyunseung was in love with him. If he wasn’t, the hyung probably would’ve hated him and not cared for him for being such a bully. The hyung sat and thought for a moment in silence.

            “Juny, why’d you go to Yoseob’s room?”

            “…I didn’t find Doojoon in the guest room.”

            “So you found him in Yoseob’s room?”

            “N-Neh…”

            “And now you seem so angry…Juny…Do you like either Yoseob or Doojoon?” Junhyung was struck with silence for a bit.

            “I think…I like Doojoon-hyung.” But I’m not sure anymore.

            “Ahh…Why don’t you tell him that?”

            “I never really got the guts to tell him…What if he hates me after I tell him?”

            “Hate you? For what reason? I really doubt he’ll actually hate you for that.”

            “I guess not…I just don’t know.” Junhyung gave an unsure smile. He also felt bad for telling Hyunseung this, because Hyunseung had just confessed his love to him again. “Let’s drop this subject. I feel bad for telling you this.”

            “No, no! It’s alright, I want to listen to your problems when you need it.”

            “I’m just being silly, hyung! It’s nothing, haha.” The two looked over to the hallway when they heard a door open. Out walked Doojoon, rubbing his eyes and stretching. The hyung yawned and looked up at the two.

            “Oh, mianhe, am I interrupting anything? Haha.” He chuckled, heading over to the kitchen. Junhyung began to blush and Hyunseung noticed. Hyunseung began to speak.

            “Ah, aniyo! Is Yoseob up yet?”

            “Nah, he’s still sleeping. You can wake him up if you want.”

            “Eh, let the boy sleep. Are you guys doing anything today?”

            “Nope, we have nothing planned. Do you guys want to go somewhere?” Junhyung remained silent as the two conversed.

            “Hmm, why don’t we let Yoseob decide?” Hyunseung took his arms off of Junhyung and dashed over to Yoseob’s room. The hyung pounced onto the sleeping boy, startling him up from his sleep.

            “AHH! WHAT DO YOU WANT?! Hyunseung, why’d you do that!” The blonde rubbed his eyes sleepily and pouted. Hyunseung ruffled the boy’s hair and smiled.

            “We’re deciding what to do today and it’s your choice!” Yoseob left to the bathroom to wash his face and came back, standing at the doorway.

            “Why don’t I get some breakfast first?” The boy went to the kitchen, looking over Doojoon’s shoulder as the hyung was making breakfast. Doojoon looked over and smiled.

            “Just some fried rice. It’ll be ready soon.” He mixed around the food a bit more and turned off the fire. He put them into two bowls and gave one to Yoseob. The two quickly ate and put their bowls in the sink. Hyunseung came over and asked Yoseob again.

            “Well? Any ideas?”

            “Let’s go to Kikwang’s!” From the couch, Junhyung called over.

            “Doesn’t he hate my guts?”

            “That’s alright! I’ll introduce you to him. You two’ll be fine with each other in no time!” Yoseob ran back to his room to change, and to the bathroom to brush his teeth. Doojoon did the same. They came out, ready to go. “Shall we leave?” The three older guys nodded in response. The group left the house, Yoseob locking it as he went out, and started down the sidewalk to Kikwang’s house. The sidewalk was too narrow for them to walk spread out, so there were pairs. Junhyung was paired with Yoseob, and Doojoon with Hyunseung. The two older guys talked about their lives and told stories to each other. Junhyung and Yoseob were quiet in the back, not sure what to say to each other. Junhyung started to speak first.

            “Yoseob, what do you want to talk about?”

            “I don’t know, what is there to talk about?”

            “I…don’t know…” The two continued on in silence. “Yoseob, I need help. I’m unsure if I’m in love with Doojoon or Hyunseung,” Junhyung said suddenly. Yoseob’s eyes widened, his heart beginning to tingle, but he shook off the fact that he was also in love with Doojoon.

            “Who makes you happier?”

            “I’m not sure, I haven’t seen Hyunseung for so long. But I get these funny feelings when I’m with him, like I do with Doojoon.” Yoseob puffed up his cheeks and thought awhile.

            “I guess you should spend more time with the two of them, and see who you end up loving…?”

            “Mmm, I’ll wait and see, then. Thanks, Yoseob.”

            “Ahh, it’s no problem, I’ll try to help in any way, but I don’t give very good advice.”

            “It’s fine.”

            “You only started liking Hyunseung recently?”

            “…Well, honestly, I’ve liked him since that one day in middle school.” Junhyung told him about the day Hyunseung defended his victim. Yoseob listened intently.

            “Do you think it’s possible you’re love for Hyunseung never disappeared? Maybe you only thought you loved Doojoon, to replace the fact that Hyunseung was gone.”

            “…It’s a possibility. I’m not completely sure yet, I guess time will tell.” Yoseob nodded in agreement.

            “Well, I hope you find your answer.” And I hope it’s not Doojoon. Junhyung smiled at the boy, earning a smile back. The two continued on, telling stories about their childhood. In front, the older guys had begun talking about their love lives. Doojoon began to explain first.

            “I have this crush on Yoseob, and I’m kinda afraid to tell him.”

            “What is there to be afraid of?”

            “What if…he begins to avoid me? I don’t want him to avoid me. What if he hates me for my uality?” Hyunseung sighed.

            “You know, Junhyung told me the same.” Doojoon was puzzled.

            “Junhyung? What? What’d he tell you?”

            “Ah, it’s nothing. I’ve already said too much. You’ll find out.”

            “…I’ll find out…” Suddenly, memories from the mall the other day came back to him. The way Junhyung stormed off, the way he was afraid Yoseob might replace him. He then remembered the day in class when Junhyung explained the story about his father. “No, I don’t mean it. I just wanted to see if you’d really go back. Haha,” Junhyung had said. It all led to one assumption. The whole time, Hyunseung was trying to get his attention. Doojoon snapped out of his trance.

            “Hey, Doojoon!”

            “Hyunseung, does Junhyung like me?” Stunned, Hyunseung looked back at the dongsaengs and nodded as he turned back. “So this whole time…”

            “He’s afraid of telling you himself. I should’ve just kept my mouth shut, I’m so untrustworthy! But, my problem is that, I’m in love with him.” Doojoon looked at the younger one, his eyes seeming to say “Sorry…”

            “This is such a mess isn’t it?”

            “Mess? I wouldn’t call it a mess, really.” The group finally reached Kikwang’s house and knocked on the door. The door opened, Kikwang at the door. His eyes widened at the sight of the four people.

            “Junhyung?! Doojoon?! Yoseob, what are they doing here?! And who is he?!” He pointed at Hyunseung.

----

Originally, chp15 and 16 were supposed to be one whole chapter, but I thought it was too long so I divided it and continued writing. Thanks for reading/commenting/suscribing!