Confession?

The Friendly and The Mean

            Yoseob laughed. “Calm down! Are you going to welcome us in or not? I’ll explain when we get inside.” Kikwang sighed and let the four in.

            “Oh, Dongwoon came over earlier. He’s in my room on the computer right now. DONGWOON!” From inside, a voice called back.

            “NEH? WHAT?”

            “YOSEOB’S OVER, GET OUT HERE.” There was a thud from inside.

            “I’M OKAY.” Dongwoon appeared from the hallway and came over to sit next to Yoseob, not noticing the other three. Once he sat down, he looked up and saw Junhyung looking back. “AIGOO, WHAT IS HE DOING HERE?!” The boy got up and ran over to the dining table next to Kikwang. Yoseob laughed.

            “Why are you guys like this? He won’t hurt you, come back here!”

            “A-Are you sure…?”

            “I’m positive! I’m alive aren’t I?” The room filled with silence for a bit. “Okay, forget I said that. Just get back here. We’re here to hang out.” Dongwoon cautiously went back to the couch and sat down next to Yoseob. Kikwang began to speak.

            “So Yoseob, care to explain?”

            “Oh, that’s right! So…” and the blonde explained how Doojoon and Junhyung softened up and where Hyunseung came from to the clueless Dongwoon and Kikwang. “…and we didn’t know what to do today, so I decided to come here!” Kikwang had an eyebrow raised as he listened to the whole story.

            “What is there to do here?” The room was silent again. Yoseob looked around, as if the room would give him answers.

            “I don’t know? What do you usually do when people come over?” Dongwoon called out.

            “He has a Wii somewhere in this house!” Doojoon groaned.

            “Please, no more Mario Kart.” Yoseob began to giggle. Kikwang’s heart skipped a beat at how adorable Yoseob was. Dongwoon began to speak again.

            “We can play some Smash Brothers?”

            “As long as it’s not Mario Kart.”

            “It’s decided, then! Kikwang, where’s the Wii?” Kikwang went into his room and came out with the white console. After everything was plugged in, the game was started up. The four remotes were passed out, players being Yoseob, Dongwoon, Kikwang, and Doojoon. Hyunseung sat beside Junhyung and watched the first match. Doojoon was seated between Yoseob and Kikwang, Yoseob being on the farthest right of the couch. On the opposite side was Dongwoon. After every battle, the 3rdand 4thplayer would pass on the remotes to the two that weren’t playing. Soon, the room was filled with their voices as they got involved into the game.

            “Where’s my character?!”

            “You’re dead!”

            “I want that item, move.”

            “Whoever is using that pink ball thing is annoying.”

            “LOOK, GLOWING BALL.”

            “IT’S MINE.”

            “I can’t get up!”

            “Wait, which one am I?!”

            “I keep losing!”

            The chatter went on the whole time. Time flew by quickly. It was almost 1, and they decided to get some lunch. The group headed out to find a place to eat at. Once they found a restaurant they all agreed upon, they headed in and searched for seats. Doojoon was again in between Yoseob and Kikwang. Across from them, Hyunseung sat in between Dongwoon and Junhyung, Dongwoon being across from Yoseob. They all made their orders and waited for their food. Doojoon glanced over at Yoseob, who was sitting with his hands in his lap. This urge took over his body. The hyung began to become nervous, but he slowly reached his hand over to the blonde. Yoseob noticed this and looked up with a confused face.

            “Hmm?” Doojoon simply gave a nervous smile. Gently, he grabbed Yoseob’s hand and held it underneath the table where the others couldn’t see. The pair’s faces became bright red. Their hearts were racing during the moment, but after a short time, Doojoon let go. Yoseob was disappointed but he didn’t say anything.

            “M-Mianhe, it was just an impulse.” Doojoon said, loud enough for only the boy to hear. He looked up and saw their table’s food heading over. The group stared as the food was served, ready to devour it. After they all had finished, they split the money and paid. The six left the restaurant and began to return to Kikwang’s house. This time, Hyunseung was paired up with Dongwoon in the front, Junhyung with Kikwang in between, and Yoseob with Doojoon in the back. Yoseob and Doojoon walked a bit slower to lose the four ahead.

            “Sorry for earlier, it was just an urge I had. My hands wanted to be occupied with something.” The hyung blushed as he spoke.

            “It’s fine. I don’t mind!” Yoseob smiled innocently, his cheeks turning a faint red. The two became quiet, quiet enough to hear each other’s hearts thumping rapidly. His mind was racing, unsure of what to say. It was the perfect chance to confess. Should I tell him the truth?

            Doojoon didn’t know what to say, his heart was beating so rapidly. His hands became sweaty and hot. He wiped them on his pants, trying to get rid of the moisture. He glanced over at Yoseob’s hand, hesitating whether to hold it or not. Slowly, he reached over to the boy’s free hand and grabbed hold of it. Locking his fingers with Yoseob’s, he felt butterflies swarming his stomach. Yoseob felt the same, his mind still cloudy. They walked hand in hand for a bit, and suddenly spoke at the same time.

            “Yoseob/Doojoon?” They stared at each other, surprised for a moment. Doojoon shook his head and spoke.
            “You first.”

            “Oh, no, you can go first!”

            “Please, I insist!”

            “Insist on what? I don’t know what you’re talking about!”

            “Yoseob, why don’t you just tell me what you have to say?!”

            “Because you were going to say something!”

            “But, yours is probably more important!” Doojoon sounded rather unsure, afraid that what Yoseob had to say had nothing to do with love. On the other hand, Yoseob’s courage was lost when Doojoon began to speak, interrupting his chance to confess. The blonde sighed, and looked forward. The other four were missing, and he wondered where they went. “Yoseob?”

            “Doojoon-hyung! Where’d the other four go? They’ve ditched us!” The hyung looked up and looked around but found no sign of the rest of the group.

            “Let’s look around here? Maybe we’ll find them.” The pair headed off and searched the different stores and shops. Yoseob called out for Kikwang.

            “KIKWANG! Aigoo, where did they go? Kikwang is the one with the key.”

            “Did we miss any places?”

            “Maybe there over there?” Yoseob pointed over to an ice cream shop.

            “That’s pretty possible, let’s go.” The two headed over and found the other four eating ice cream happily. Kikwang looked up and smiled.

            “Ahh! There you guys are. We thought you’d miss out on the ice cream!” Kikwang pushed over two sundaes. Yoseob’s face filled with joy and he began to devour the treat. Doojoon thanked Kikwang and he began to eat his. Dongwoon finished first and watched Yoseob chow down his sundae.

            “Yoseob-hyung, you got a bunch on your nose. And some on your cheeks.” The blonde looked up, gulping down another spoon of ice cream. Doojoon grabbed a napkin and wiped off the stray cream on Yoseob’s face, smiling at how cute the boy was. Junhyung stared at the cherries on his sundae and glanced over at Hyunseung who had none. Hyunseung complained.

            “Hey, they forgot the cherries on mine!” Junhyung chuckled.

            “You want one?” He picked one up and held it up to the hyung’s mouth. “Open up.” Hyunseung stared at him for a moment. “What? You don’t want it?”

            “Never mind. It’s nothing.” The hyung opened his mouth and took the cherry into his mouth. “Kamsahamnida!” He resumed eating his sundae. Once they were all finished, they left the ice cream shop and continued their trek back to Kikwang’s house. Getting into the house, Dongwoon charged into Kikwang’s room and dug through Kikwang’s stash of movies, finding one to watch.

            “KIKWANG! ASK THEM WHAT THEY WANT TO WATCH!”

            “What do you guys want to watch?” The four shrugged. “DONGWOON, JUST GRAB A RANDOM MOVIE.”

            “ALRIGHT, THEN.” Dongwoon grabbed a random movie and came running out to the living room. He the DVD player and put the disc in. The film began to play and the six watched in silence, cheering whenever the hero beat up the villain. After the movie was over, they the Wii again. “We can play the New Super Mario Bros. game!” Dongwoon suggested. Kikwang agreed and popped in the disc. Once they were playing, the chatter was back.

            “That brown thing keeps killing me.”

            “I wonder if we’ll ever finish the first world…”

            “This game is so hard!”

            “Kikwang, which one are you? AH, DON’T GO THERE IT- Never mind.”

            “I think these holes you in when you try to jump over them…”

            “Stupid flying turtle!”

            “Yay, first boss!”

            Soon, they all got bored and decided to take naps. Kikwang left to his room. Doojoon took up the first couch, Hyunseung being on the second couch. Dongwoon slept on the floor next to Yoseob. Junhyung occupied the guest room. The six slept peacefully, until Doojoon had to use the restroom. He got up and went, when he returned he noticed Dongwoon unconsciously hugging Yoseob. Jealousy filled his body, he stood there watching.

            “Y-Yoseob…?” He shook his head, knowing that they were just friends, trying to ignore the feeling. But he was jealous. The hyung laid back down onto the couch and watched the two sleep. Unable to fall asleep, he got up and walked to the kitchen. Grabbing some food, he went over to the dining table and ate quietly, eyes still on the two. But suddenly, in his sleep, Dongwoon kicked Yoseob away. Doojoon began to crack up, but he stifled his laughter, not wanting to wake up the rest of the group. Haha, I guess there’s nothing to worry about. The jealousy faded away. Yoseob sat up rubbing his stomach.

            “Owww…” The blonde looked at the sleeping Dongwoon and went over to lie on the couch. He was fast asleep again when Doojoon finished snacking. The hyung came over to the boy sat down in front of Yoseob, watching his lovable face as he was asleep. Before he knew it, Doojoon fell asleep with his head on Yoseob’s chest.