Awkward

The Friendly and The Mean

            Yoseob woke up, rubbed his eyes, and looked around. The hyung was still fast asleep beside him. Suddenly, he remembered he fell asleep in his hyung’s arms. Quickly getting up and off the couch, he looked at the time. 7:46PM it read. Yoseob’s eyes widened, realizing how long he had slept for. Nap? That wasn’t a nap at all! He ran into his room to put the plush toy away. As the boy came out, he saw Doojoon wake up. The older one stretched his arms and rubbed his eyes, groaning as he did so.

            “Yoseob? Yoseob, where are you?” the hyung cried out sleepily with his hands covering his eyes.

            “I’m over here, hyung! Doojoon, get up! It’s already 7:50, you need to get home!”

            “7:50?” Doojoon let out another groan and rolled over onto the floor. He got up lazily, and walked to the bathroom. “Yoseob, it’s way too late to walk home. Mind if I stay?” Yoseob’s heart began to beat again.

            “U-Uh, sure! Here, let me tidy up the guest room really quick.” Yoseob quickly dashed into the guest room and organized the table. Turning over to the bed, he puffed up his cheeks. “There are no blankets…” He searched through the closets for blankets but none were found. “Great, I don’t want him to freeze overnight…” The toilet flushed and soon, Doojoon walked into the room, staring at the bare mattress.

            “No blankets?”

            “N-Neh…Mianhe, hyung…” Doojoon came over and patted the blonde’s head.

            “Be better prepared for when guests actually come! But it’s fine, I guess I get to sleep with you tonight!” Yoseob looked up and stared at Doojoon.

            “W-What?” Yoseob sounded shocked, but inside he was jumping for joy.

            “Well, you’re not gonna let me freeze are you?”

            “You’re right…” Doojoon smiled at the boy.

            “So it’s fine with you then?”

            “Neh, I guess so.” Yoseob nodded slowly and began to make his way out the door. “I need to make some dinner, you can watch TV if you want.”

            “Alright, then. Kamsahamnida, Yoseob.” Doojoon went over to the couch and fell back onto the cushions. He the TV, finding nothing interesting. He decided to play a bit more of the Mario Kart game and get better at it. Yoseob began to cook the rice and searched around for things in the fridge. The boy looked over to his hyung, who was struggling to turn the game on. Yoseob laughed to himself and shook his head. “YOSEOB! WHERE IS THE ARROW POINTER THING? I CAN’T START THE GAME.”

            “You’re supposed to point at the screen! There’s that little sensor bar thing in front of it.” Doojoon pointed towards the sensor bar and his pointer showed up onto the screen.

            “I got it!”

            “Alright, good job,” Yoseob laughed at the hyung’s inexperience and continued to make the dinner. As the time passed and the dinner was cooking, the blonde watched his hyung struggle as he played the game.

            “I always fall here. I don’t like this course anymore… Stop hitting me with those stupid shells!... Was that my own banana? This is so frustrating!... Turn, come on… That item box hurt me. I didn’t know they could do that… YOSEOB, I’M STUCK. HOW DO I BACK UP?” Doojoon had his character trapped in a corner.

            “Press 1!” Yoseob laughed.

            “1…1…Oh, I got it! Thank you!... Stop turning right!...” Doojoon’s constant chatter kept Yoseob occupied and entertained. He shook his head at how cute Doojoon was when he was playing games. Returning over to the food, he turned off the fire and prepared it to eat.

            “Hyung, it’s almost time to eat! We’re having kimchi and this meat stuff!” The hyung was immediately over at the dining table, ready to gobble down the food. Yoseob gave him his bowl of food and went to sit down. At first, the two were really silent, but they began to talk. “Umm, sooo, how’s school?” What else can I say? It’s too awkward!

            “Boring? Fine? How about you?”

            “I agree. OH! I just realized! What are you going to wear to school tomorrow?!” Yoseob accidently dropped his spoon, reaching down to pick it up.

            “Calm down, today’s Friday.” Doojoon rolled his eyes and smirked. “Did you drop that on purpose? What, do you want me to feed you again?” Yoseob’s face turned red at the idea, but he didn’t want to bother his hyung.

            “A-Aniyo! It was an accident, I’ll get another spoon.” The blonde climbed off his chair and went to get another spoon. He returned back to his seat and resumed eating. He glanced up at Doojoon, who was also eating messily and hungrily. Yoseob began to speak, trying to fill up the quiet. “D-Doojoon-hyung, have you ever had a c-crush on anyone?” stumbling as he spoke.

            “Before, you mean? Maybe just a teensy one on this girl. But forget that, that was in elementary school!” The older one chuckled.

            “D-Do you like anyone now?” Yoseob questioned nervously. Doojoon looked at him for a minute, and looked away. Then he looked up at the ceiling and began to answer.

            “Well…yeah, I do. Why do you ask?” Doojoon’s heart began to beat faster as Yoseob’s began to drop. The hyung paid attention to every word that left his mouth, not wanting Yoseob to freak out if he accidently admitted his love to the boy. On the other side, Yoseob was also feeling nervous and hot, trying to make his feelings towards the hyung hidden.

            “Well, since I’m spending time with you, I thought it’d be a good time to get to know you better?”

            “Ohh, I see. Then, do you like anyone?”

            “I-I do…” Doojoon nodded, staring at Yoseob’s plate of food.

            “Why do you keep stammering?”

            “Just a bit cold. Lemme go grab a jacket.” Scooting his chair back, the boy went into his room and returned with a jacket on. “Hyung.”

            “Hmm?”

            “This is kinda personal, well not kinda, but do you like…a guy or a girl?” Yoseob pretended to act innocent. Doojoon’s eyes opened up with surprise, afraid that he’ll disgust the boy if he told the truth.

            “A girl, of course! Why do you ask such a silly question?” Yoseob puffed up his cheeks and nodded, hiding his sadness.

            “Aniyo, I’m just making sure.” Oh…

            “Mmm, what, do you like a guy?” Doojoon asked jokingly, but he knew he wanted Yoseob to say yes. Yoseob shook his head, afraid of his hyung’s reaction if he said yes.

            “No, no! Of course not.” Doojoon smiled, his disappointment not showing. The two continued eating in silence again, not sure of what to say to each other after the awkward conversation. When they were finished, Yoseob took the bowls and went to wash them as Doojoon left to take a shower.

            “Hey, is it okay if I borrow some shorts and a t-shirt? You wear big clothing right?” Doojoon asked from behind.

            “Neh, you should be able to fit into them.”

            “Alright, thanks.” The hyung left off to the bathroom with a towel and clothes. The younger one dried off the bowls and put them away. He went to his room, sat down at the computer, and turned it on. He checked for people to chat with and found Kikwang online. He sent his friend a message and waited for the reply.

            Hey kikwang!

            Hey yoseob, whats up?

            Nothing atm i’m waiting to take a shower

            ? what do you need to wait for

            Doojoon is staying over for the night, he took a nap and i didnt wake him up until i realized it was late. but it was too late for him to walk home

            Oh. haha ok then

            Er is that ok with u?

            Yeah its fine

            Kikwang, u kno the other day when you confesed to me, i want to apologize :(

            No, no dont worry about it, i’ll be fine

            Are u sure..?

            Yeah, i’ll get over it

            Kikwang are u ok? your not very lively

            Im just tired, hey you wanna hear a story dongwoon told me the other day

            Sure

            K, so, there was this girl with this talking mop and dongwoon followed them…

-

            Doojoon washed off all the shampoo and soap. He let out a deep sigh as he thought of Yoseob’s answer. Yoseob, truthfully, I’m in love with you. But you don’t know that yet… He shook his head and thought about how normal Yoseob looked when Doojoon said he liked a girl. I guess it doesn’t matter since you don’t like me back. The hyung turned off the water and dried himself off with the towel. Putting on Yoseob’s clothes, he opened the door and left to Yoseob’s room. The blonde turned around and saw the hyung standing by the door, drying off his hair.

            I gtg, doojoon is finished

            Alright, cya

            Yoseob closed the chat box and grabbed a towel. Taking some clothes with him, he headed off to shower.

            “You can use the computer if you want!” Doojoon nodded in response and went to sit in the chair. Logging onto his own account, he saw Junhyung was online, so he decided to send him a message.

            Hey, how was it with hyunseung?

            He’s asleep on my couch -__- he wouldn’t go home

            Haha, so I see u two are fine with each other?

            Yeah, i apologized to him liek a million times

            Ahh, have u confessed to him yet

            Confess?

            Junhyung’s heart skipped a beat.

            I remember that day u told me u didnt get to tell him u loved him

            Oh.

            Well..?

            No, not yet here let me tell you about the whole day, so…

-

            Yoseob shampooed his hair and began to frown. Doojoon-hyung likes another girl. He’ll never like me if he’s straight. He sighed and rinsed off the soap. The shower was so warm, he did not want to get out. Instead, he stayed and sulked in the warmth, singing to himself.

            “I’m gonna make you love me~ Neol saranghandago~ Nan nega isseo haengbokhae, eonjena neo ppunin geol~ Because of you, you, you, you~ Neo hanaman saengakhae~ You, you, you, ije~ Nal saranghae jwoyo…nal saranghae jwoyo…nal barabwa jwoyo~” He finally turned off the water and dried himself off. Slipping quickly into his pajamas, he ran out the door and back to his room.

            Alright, i have to go bye

            Cyu

            Doojoon logged off and turned over to Yoseob.

            “It’s 9:47. Should we sleep now?” Yoseob nodded his head and flopped over on his bed. The boy fluffed up his pillow and hugged the Chibimaru plush. The hyung laid down next to him, facing the ceiling. He pulled the blanket up to cover the both of them. Time passed slowly, the two weren’t able to fall asleep. Yoseob started a conversation.

            “So, Doojoon, what time are you leaving tomorrow?”

            “I’m not sure, when do you want me to leave?”

            “Well, I guess you can leave anytime you want.” I don’t want you to leave. I’ll make all the food!

            “Haha, we’ll see. I don’t know yet.” There was a short pause. Suddenly, Yoseob began to speak again.

            “Hyung, I can’t sleep.”

            “I’m not falling asleep either.”

            “Let’s talk until we fall asleep! But I don’t know what to talk about.”

            “Hmm…Do you have any plans tomorrow? Maybe I can stay another day?”

            “Nope, I don’t. You can stay if you want!” In his mind, the boy was screaming with happiness.

            “Alright then. So I guess I’m not leaving.” The hyung smiled. It was too dark for Yoseob to notice. There was another silence between the two. “Yoseob, you know, I think you’re really cute.” The blonde began to blush at the hyung’s words.

            “T-Thank you? Why so random?”

            “Haha, mianhe. I just don’t know what to talk about. Well, since it’s so quiet, I’m gonna try and sleep now. Goodnight, Yoseob!” The hyung rolled over, his back facing the boy. Disappointed, Yoseob didn’t want the night to end that way.

            “D-Doojoon-hyung?”

            “Hmm?”

            “I-It’s cold.” Yoseob’s heart accelerated, hoping Doojoon would hug him to sleep.

            “Even with the blanket?”

            “N-Neh.” Doojoon gave out a sigh, his heart beating. He rolled over to face Yoseob’s back.

            “D-Do you want me to hug you or something?”

            “You don’t have to if you don’t want…” Doojoon began to blush for a moment.

            “I-Is it ok if you turn around?” Yoseob shut his eyes closed and rolled over to face Doojoon. Their eyes had adjusted to the darkness and they were able to see each other now. Doojoon smiled, making the younger one blush. The older one wrapped his arms around the boy, pulling him in close. His heart was pounding, enough for Yoseob to hear, but the younger one didn’t notice as he was also nervous. The two laid there in silence for a while, just enjoying the moment and warmth from each other as they stared at each other. Doojoon’s eyes began to droop. “Yoseob, I’m tired. I’m gonna sleep okay?”

            “Okay, then.”

            “Mmm, goodnight Yoseob.” I love you. Doojoon shut his eyes, his heart still thumping.

            “Goodnight!” Yoseob smiled, his mind still screaming with joy. His body was tingling from happiness. Soon his eyes began to droop also. I love you!

            The two drifted off into slumber, still completely unaware that they were both in love with each other. 

----

Thank you for reading/suscribing/commenting! -not really knowing what to say-