When Hell Breaks Loose...Sort Of

The Friendly and The Mean

            The door flung open, Junhyung and Kikwang thundered into the room. Yoseob was startled, turning around and coming face to face with the two furious guys. Seeing them so angry, Yoseob felt fear. Doojoon was in the bathroom, unaware of the current situation. The boy backed off of the couch and away from Junhyung and Kikwang.

            “W-What do you want?!” Kikwang grabbed the blonde’s arm firmly.

            “You’re with D-Doojoon-hyung?” Kikwang glared at him, but his eyes showed sadness. Yoseob stared at him with an open mouth, surprised that he knew.

            “How…do you know?” Kikwang frowned, his grip loosening. Junhyung came over, a stern look covered his face.

            “You knew that I’m love with Doojoon. Why would you take him away from me?” Junhyung’s vicious tone reminded Yoseob when the hyung was still a bully.

            “I…I…” Yoseob was struggling for an answer, Doojoon came out of the hall and stared at the three.

            “What’s going on here?” The three looked at him in silence for a moment. Yoseob immediately broke the silence and ran over the hyung.

            “Th-They’re scaring me, hyung!” Doojoon hugged the frightened boy, the other two watched in envy. Suddenly, Junhyung stepped forward.

-

            Yoseob woke up in Doojoon’s arms. The hyung was watching TV when he noticed the boy suddenly startled.

            “You okay?”

            “Yeah, I only had a bad dream.” He looked around the empty room, the television sounds being the only thing heard. Thinking for a moment, the boy wondered if Junhyung and Kikwang really knew. Letting out a deep breath, there was only one answer.

            Dongwoon…

-

            Dongwoon chewed his sandwich and stared at the two hyungs, who were questioning over the revealed couple.

            “Yoseob knows I love Doojoon-hyung…Why couldn’t he tell me sooner?” Junhyung frowned at the floor. Kikwang rolled his eyes and let out a breath.

            “Isn’t it obvious he doesn’t want to make you any more jealous, hyung?”

            “…Whatever. He still could’ve told me they were together…” The three didn’t notice Hyunseung was standing at the hallway opening. “Maybe, even, I could’ve gotten over him already…” Hyunseung raised his eyebrows. Kikwang looked off to the side.

            “Maybe I could’ve gotten over Yoseob-hyung, too.” Dongwoon chuckled at the two.

            “You hyungs are so silly.  You can still get over them now. It’s not such a big of a deal.” He earned glares from them, shutting his mouth. Hyunseung walked over, surprising the three.

            “Yoseob and Doojoon are a couple?” The three glanced at each other, Dongwoon finally nodded.

            “Now that these two know about it, I think they’ll get over their loves easier now.” Dongwoon looked over at the other two and smiled. “And Hyunseung, who knows, maybe J-.” He shut his mouth when Junhyung shot him a glare.

            “Hmm?” Hyunseung raised an eyebrow, looking over at Junhyung. Simply returning a smile, Junhyung replied.

            “It’s nothing, Dongwoon’s being silly.”

            “I am not! I am Godwoon, and I know all! Even the readers say so!” The boy pointed over to the comment section of the fanfic. The three older guys stared over to what Dongwoon was pointing at, puzzled and clueless as they stared at the wall. Kikwang gave him a funny look.

            “Dongwoon, you’re pointing at a wall.” Dongwoon chuckled and acted cool.

            “You’re right, Kikwang. But you will never know, because you are not me.” Kikwang gave him another funny look and raised his eyebrows. Squinting at the wall again and not seeing any “comments” as the boy says, Kikwang gave up and shrugged. The other two were still in a daze. Hyunseung turned back to Junhyung, letting out a sigh. Junhyung looked at him back, a bit anxious and unsure. Hyunseung looked back up and wished the two luck, not knowing what else to say.

            “I hope you guys get over them soon.” He smiled. Kikwang, you said so, and I’m taking your word for it. I’m not giving up on Junhyung. Kikwang smiled back.

            “Thanks, hyung! I hope you get over Junhyung…if…that’s what you’re planning to do.” Junhyung felt a drop in his heart.

            “Yeah, what Kikwang said. You should get over me.” Hyunseung nodded, sadness clear in his eyes. Kikwang gave him a surprised look. Junhyung stared back at him. He’ll probably be better off with someone else. Dongwoon sat there, watching the three with interest. He called out.

            “Junhyung, are you really wanting that to happen?” Junhyung shot him another glare.

            “Dongwoon, why do you keep butting in?”

            “Because I am trying to keep you from making stupid choices!” Junhyung frowned and turned away. Kikwang nodded in agreement as he gazed over at the frustrated hyung.

            “He’s kinda right, you know?” Hyunseung was lost. He finally decided to ask.

            “What are you guys talking about?” The three turned over to him and stared silently for a bit. Junhyung rudely motioned him away.

            “You’ll find out.” Hyunseung frowned. He went into Junhyung’s room and sat at the computer. The hyung logged on to see if Yoseob or Doojoon were on.

            What are they talking about…? This curiosity is killing me. He shook his head, trying to get the thought off his mind.  Suddenly, the screen popped up a message from Kwangmin. Hyunseung read the print.

            Hey is kikwang there?

            Yea how’d you kno?

            He should come over sometime, connie really wants to meet him

            Connie? who? howd she know kikwang is here anyway..

            Idk fanfic?

            Fanfic? what? you too?

            Hyunseung stared at what Kwangmin sent him, still confused at what he and Dongwoon meant by fanfic.

-

            “Junhyung, get out there and confess to Hyunseung.” Dongwoon rooted for the hyung. Kikwang nodded and gave Junhyung a slight push.

            “Hyung, before you lose your chance. You should go! You know you have no chance with Doojoon now.” Junhyung got up and took a deep breath. He began to walk into the hallway. The two waited in silence, wondering what’ll happen. They the television, to give the to-be couple some privacy. A few minutes passed, and out Junhyung came. The younger ones became giddy and gathered around him. They spoke at the same time.

            “So?! What happened?” Junhyung stared at them confused.

            “What?” Kikwang was puzzled. “What did you do in there the whole time?”

            “Why would you want to know…?”

            “Oh, well I guess it’s your own business…but he said yes didn’t he?!” Junhyung gave Kikwang a peculiar look, inspecting his shocked face.

            “What are you talking about?” Dongwoon let out an impatient breath and spoke.

            “JUNHYUNG! I am sorry for exploding at you and all that, but we want to know how your confession went!” Junhyung looked off to the side and began to laugh.

            “I was in the bathroom that whole time! You guys are funny.” And he walked off to the kitchen, leaving the younger ones dumbfounded. Suddenly the door swung open and Yoseob stepped in. Immediately, his eyes were on Dongwoon. He approached the boy, unaware that Kikwang and Junhyung were in the room.

            “Dongwoon! Did you tell Kikwang about me and Doojoon?!” Dongwoon nodded. Then his eyes widened.

            “Oh yeah! I wasn’t supposed to tell him, was I.” Yoseob gave him a look that conveyed disbelief. Dongwoon stared at him back, unsure of what to do or say. He motioned over to Kikwang and Junhyung, Yoseob turned around. Startled, he began to laugh nervously.

            “A-Annyeong!” The two raised their eyebrows. Hyunseung came back out from the room after his conversation with Kwangmin.

            “What’s with all this ruckus?” Yoseob didn’t hear him and continued talking.

            “I guess you two know about me and Doojoon now, ahaha. Y-You won’t destroy me right? N-No jealousy? Mmm? Junhyung, you have Hy-.” Hyunseung poked Yoseob, making the nervous boy jump and quickly turn around. He bowed and greeted the hyung.

            “Were you about to say my name? What are you guys talking about?” Junhyung palmed his own face.

            “I-It’s nothing, hyung.”

            “Aish, why do you guys keep everything from me?” Hyunseung pouted, making Junhyung turn slightly red.

            “It’s…nothing. Nothing yet.” Hyunseung rolled his eyes, noticing Junhyung was lightly blushing. Yoseob began to drag the hyung away into a different conversation, leaving Dongwoon, Kikwang, and Junhyung alone again. Junhyung began to talk.

            “Do you guys really think I should just…confess?” Dongwoon and Kikwang gave him expressionless faces. “…Okay…” He slowly got up, and trudged to find Yoseob and Hyunseung. The front door was still left wide open. Dongwoon and Kikwang sat behind, rooting and cheering for the hyung when Doojoon came running to the house. He called from outside.

            “YOSEOB? WHERE’D YOU GO?!” He ran into the house and greeted Kikwang and Junhyung. They pointed to the hallway where Junhyung was standing by. Junhyung greeted the older one and began to speak.

            “He’s inside, talking to Hyunseung. Would you like to take him back?” Doojoon chuckled and nodded. He called out loud.

            “YOSEOB!” He began forward, walking by the dining table. But he wasn’t paying attention, the chair leg was caught with his foot, tripping him. He fell forward, bumping into Junhyung. The chair slid out of place as he landed on top of the younger one, faces nearly touching. The two were shocked. Kikwang and Dongwoon stared with wide eyes and open mouths. A voice from inside called as footsteps approached.

            “Neh? Doojo- WHAT?! MWO-YA?!” Yoseob shrieked when he saw the two on top of each other on the floor. Hyunseung came out and his jaw dropped, letting out a gasp. Yoseob kept in his jealousy, and stood there staring, shocked. Hyunseung frowned, jealousy flowing through his body. Doojoon looked up, blushing from embarrassment. Junhyung laid there, eyes closed, and not knowing what to do. He knew that Hyunseung was watching. The two were red and hot from embarrassment. The event struck a silence between all six of them, leaving the room filled with an awkward tension.

----

Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Thanks for reading/commenting/suscribing! ^^