Chapter 2

Love?

 

Few days have passed since that day. Jaejoong was busy with work, but the thought of Seohyun remained in the back of his mind. He thought about going to the bakery to see her, but he was too busy. That was his excuse.

After another stressful day at work, he craved some hot chocolate and goguma cake (that, also, was his excuse) so he decided to visit the bakery. He had an emotionless expression like always, but inside, he was excited to go there.

Slowly, he opened the door. He looked at the girl behind the cashier. It wasn't Seohyun. Jaejoong couldn't hide his disappointment and curiosity. He paced towards the girl and asked, "Umm.. Excuse me, but do you know Seohyun?"

"Yeah. I do. She works here." the girl replied.

"Where is she?"

"She's working. Upstairs."

"Ohh okay," he said.

He quickly grabbed a notepaper and pen. He wrote down something there and handed it to the girl.

"Can you give this to her?"

"Sure."

"Thanks."

Then he left.

Jaejoong got on his car and headed back to his house. He thought Seohyun worked at the cashier, but she was a baker.

It was already 9, but there were no calls. He pretended to not really care, but he's been glancing at his phone every minute.

After a while, his phone rang. It was a call from an unknown number. Jaejoong calmed his excited heart first then picked up his phone.

"Hello?" he said in his usual calm tone.

"Is this Jaejoong-ssi?" a woman asked.

"Yes it is."

"This is Seohyun."

"Hi Seohyun-ssi," Jaejoong said with a huge smile on his face.

"I got the note. You didn't even write your name, but I had a feeling that it was you. Haha. So you came by our bakery."

Jaejoong was glad that she knew it was him even though his name wasn't on it.

"Oh I didn't? Sorry I think I forgot to. And yeah, I was craving some cake and hot chocolate so..."

"Do you want to come now? I can make you some. Is it too late?"

"No, no, it's not late at all. I'll be there soon. See you."

"Okay see ya."

Jaejoong hung up, quickly grabbed his jacket and ran out of his house.

 

"Come in," Seohyun opened the door.

"Hi. How are you?" Jaejoong asked.

"I'm good. You?"

"Little tired, but I'm also good."

"Maybe you've been working too much. Here come have seat."

"Maybe. Why are you still here in this hour?" he spoke as he sat down on the same chair as he sat before.

"I just like staying here after work."

"I didn't know you bake."

Seohyun smiled and replied, "Because I haven't told you!"

Jaejoong laughed and replied, "True."

Seohyun went to get the cake. She paused and turned to ask Jaejoong what cake he wanted.

"What cake do you want?"

"Whatever you want," he simply replied.

"Then goguma cake again?"

"Why not"

Seohyun went and came back with a tray with two plates of goguma cake and two mugs of hot chocolate.

"Here you go!"

"Thanks."

"You're welcome." she replied warmly.

"So you bake the breads and cakes in here?"

"I only bake cakes. I'm the youngest and new so I don't do much. But I get to do the clean up afterwards."

"Do you enjoy working here? Why did you decide to work here?"

"Of course I do. I really liked baking ever since I was little."

"So you majored in baking?"

"No. I'm piano major."

"Oh that's interesting."

"What do you do in your company?"

It seemed like she wanted to change the subject, but still Jaejoong answered her question.

"Fashion design."

"Wow that's so cool! So you majored in fashion?"

"Yeah. Fashion business. But it wasn't really my choice. My parents wanted me to so I decided to do it."

"Do you enjoy it?"

"I used to, but doing it as a job is stressful."

They had a fun conversation and got to know each other better.

"Wow it's kinda late."

"I should get going now. Do you have a ride home?"

"No but I can walk. It's not raining."

"I'll give you a ride. It's too late for a young lady to go out. And think of it as my payment for the cake and drink. I'll help you clean up so I don't have to wait."

"Thank you Jaejoong-ssi."

Jaejoong placed the empty plates and mugs on the tray.

"Where do I put this?"

"Follow me," Seohyun said as she led him to the sink.

"Just put it down there."

"Okay."

After they cleaned up, they rode Jaejoong's car.

As they were driving to Seohyun's house, Jaejoong carefully asked her a question.

"Do you have a boyfriend?"

Seohyun seemed little hesitant to answer.

"It's okay if you don't feel comfortable telling me."

"It's not like I'm uncomfortable."

"Then?"

"I don't know."

"What do you mean by that?"

"It's too long to explain. Maybe I'll tell you next time," said Seohyun, smiling at him, to not make the mood too awkward.

"Okay."

Soon, they got to Seohyun's house and said goodbye to each other.

"Goodnight Seohyun-ssi."

"Good night Jaejoong-ssi. Call me when you're bored or crave cake and hot chocolate. Bye." Seohyun said as she left.

For the entire time Jaejoong was driving home, he was smiling. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Did you enjoy this chapter? Sorry if there's any grammar mistake. Thank you so much for subscribing and for the comments! :D