Chapter 7

Love?

Hi guys! Sorry for the late update again. I'll try to update sooner from now on. Thank you all for your support and please enjoy this chapter! :)


 

The next morning, Seohyun was awakened by a severe headache and an unfamiliar scent.

"Where am I?" Seohyun wondered.

Slowly, she opened her eyes and looked around. It wasn't her room. Then whose room was this? The scent that was unfamiliar was now somewhat familiar. Then her head was throbbing again, making her whimper in pain.

Jaejoong, who has fallen asleep beside the bed in a sitting position, was awakened by the noise. He quickly stood up to checked on Seohyun, ignoring the aching of his back and neck.

"Seohyun, are you okay?" Jaejoong said with concern.

Seohyun was surprised by the voice. She turned and was surprised again when she saw Jaejoong.

"Jaejoong-ssi?"

"How are you feeling?" he asked as he walked towards her and sat on the edge of the bed.

"Sick. But where am I?"

"You fell asleep after drinking one cup so I brought you to my house. This is my room and you're on my bed."

Suddenly Jaejoong was reminded of what happened yesterday in the car. His face was heated up and turned red. He tried to forget it and act normal.

"Oh! I'm so sorry!" Seohyun said, quickly sitting up and trying to get off the bed.

But Jaejoong grabbed her shoulders and stopped her. 

Then he said with a little stuttering, "N..No, j..just stay in bed for now. I'll make you breakfast and get you medicine for your hangover.

Seohyun obediently lied back down and Jaejoong cover her with the blanket.

"Just wait for few minutes," Jaejoong said and quickly left the room.

 

Seohyun, staring at the ceiling with eyes wide open, was feeling bored. The painful headache has died down now so she got off the bed and looked around the room. A soft smile spread across her face when she saw a picture of baby Jaejoong on his desk. He looked so cute. Seohyun turned around and saw a shelf filled with all sorts of books. Her jaw dropped and her eyes grew into big circles. She looked closely at each shelf. Most of the books were related to fashion design. Then something caught her eyes. It was the CDs and music albums neatly lined up on the very bottom shelf.

"I didn't know he had so much interest in music!" she exclaimed in her head.

There were albums from many famous artists. But there were also CD without a cover or name. It seemed odd that Jaejoong kept empty CDs on his shelf. Right then, Jaejoong abruptly opened the door.

"Seohyun?"

Quickly Seohyun popped out from behind the desk and scurried to the door.

"Done?" she asked.

"Yeah."

"Sorry I was just looking at your room without your permission," she said scratching her head. 

"No big deal. You slept on my bed without my permission too."

"W..Well it's not like I wanted to. It was you who put me there," Seohyun retorted.

"I had no choice. Wait, actually I did. I could've just left you there, but I, with great kindness, brought you to my house," Jaejoong said proudly.

Seohyun just laughed at him.

"And I even made you breakfast!" Jaejoong said, leading her to the dining table.

"Wow. Thanks Jaejoong-ssi!" Seohyun said happily.

They had breakfast together with good food, chitchat, and lots of laughter.

After finishing up their meal, Seohyun helped Jaejoong clean up.

"What time do you have to be at work?" Jaejoong asked

"By 6 in the morning."

"It's already 8."

"What? Oh wait, today is Sunday right?"

"Yeah."

"I don't go to on Sundays."

"Right. Well I have to," he said as his lips curled into a frown.

"What time?"

"I'm already late."

"Really? I'm so sorry Jaejoong-ssi!" Seohyun said with an apologetic expression.

Smiling widely, Jaejoong said, "No it's okay. I already call and said I can't come to work today."

"Why?"

"I'm tired. I just wanted to stay home today"

Seohyun chuckled and said, "Then I'll do the dishes. You should get some rest. You must be tired because me."

"No, no! You don't have to do it. You're the guest! I can't let you do that."

"It's fine. I slept here and had breakfast so I should do something in return," she said as she walked into the kitchen and started to do the dishes.

Jaejoong followed her and stood beside her.

"I told you, you don't have to do this."

"But I want to."

"Then I'll help you," he said as he rolled up his sleeves.

"No, please don't. I can do this do you should go there and rest," Seohyun said.

Jaejoong gave up as Seohyun persistently argued.

"Fine. I can't beat your stubbornness," he said, shaking his head then ambled to the living room.

He lied down and watched her washing dishes. A small smile appeared on his face without him realizing it.

Seohyun was soon done with washing dishes. She walked over to the living room and saw Jaejoong sleeping on the sofa. She felt sorry and bad for him.

"I bet it was tiring for him to carry me last night," she thought.

Quietly, Seohyun brought the blanket from his room and gently cover him. After that, she didn't know what to do. Sitting on the floor, leaning on the sofa, she looked around Jaejoong's house. It was very clean and organized unlike other men's houses. Not that she's been to other men's houses, but they are thought to be lazy and messy. Several minutes have passed by while she was observing his living room. Suddenly, something caught her eyes. She saw a white grand piano through an open door of a room in the corner. Without realizing she walked towards it and entered the room. There was only a white grand piano and stacks of paper next it. She sat down on the piano chair and slowly lifted the dusty lid. Slowly, she placed her trembling fingers on the keyboard. It has been about a year since she last played piano. Her fingers moved on their own will and played a song that she didn't even know. She was surprised that her fingers remembered the song that her head couldn't. But as her fingers played the familiar music, a memory that she had been forgetting swept past her mind. In that memory, was young Yoochun and her, playing the piano together joyfully. It was a happy moment, but it pained her. Even thought it pained her, she couldn't get herself out of that memory. Her fingers continued to dance on the keyboard even while she was lost in that memory.

A beautiful melody flowing out woke Jaejoong up. Jaejoong remembered Seohyun was still in his house and sprang up. He looked around, but he couldn't find her. He figured it was Seohyun who was playing the piano. He paced towards the room and was stopped at the entrance when he saw Seohyun playing the piano. She looked beautiful, but also it seemed like she was in pain. Tears were gathered at the corner of her eyes, ready to drop. He just listened to it until she hit the last note. Jaejoong walked towards her and sat next to her on the chair. Surprised, Seohyun turned I him with her eyes wide.

"Wow. Seohyun you're so good! That was amazing!" Jaejoong praised her, hoping she would feel better.

"Th.. Thank you," Seohyun said shyly.

"What was the song you were just playing?"

"I don't remember the song title. I just remember playing it with Yoochun oppa all the time."

Now Jaejoong understood why she had that look on her face.

"You looked sad when you played the piano," Jaejoong commented.

"That's why I haven't played piano for about a year. It always brings back the memory with him," said Seohyun as a drop of water escaped from her eyes and slid down her cheek which Seohyun quickly wiped it with her hand.

Do you play piano?" Seohyun asked, trying to change the subject.

"Yeah. That's why I have a piano," Jaejoong said playfully.

Seohyun laughed and said, "Can you play something for me?"

Without answering her, Jaejoong laid his hands on the piano and started playing a song. It was very beautiful. Seohyun couldn't help but to stare at him with amazement. The melody held bit of sadness, but it also had something that made Seohyun smile.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ao9qlr6EvCo

When the song ended, Seohyun clapped and praised him in admiration. 

"Wow Jaejoong! That was amazing!"

"Thank you," Jaejoong said shyly, scratching his head.

"What song is this?"

"I haven't named it yet."

"You wrote this song?" Seohyun, astonished and amazed again, asked him.

"Yeah."

"You are really talented!" Seohyun exclaimed.

"I'm not. You are, Seohyun," Jaejoong responded humbly.

Seohyun laughed and said, "Jaejoong-ssi, you could've been a really famous musician with that talent."

"Actually, my dream was becoming a singer-songwriter from when I was young. But my parents wanted me to continue their business. But I really wanted to pursue my dream so when I was away from my parents in Japan, I took music lessons secretly," Jaejoong explained as recalled the memory.

Seohyun smiled when she saw his face brightened as he spoke about his dream of music.

"But I had to give up and study fashion business which I also enjoy, but I wasn't as passionate about it as music. I still want to pursue music, but it's too late so I just do it as a hobby."

"Jaejoong, I think it's not too late," Seohyun said, giving him hope.

Jaejoong smiled at her and shook his head.

"I can't," he paused, and then continued, "I just try to find joy in the work I do now."

Seohyun felt bad for him that he had to sacrifice his dream for what his parents wanted him to do. That made her think that she gave her dreams up easily. It was just because of pain that will eventually disappear.

Interrupting her thought, Jaejoong asked, "What are you thinking about?"

Seohyun, shifting her gaze to Jaejoong, said, "I was just thinking about my dream when I was young."

"What was it?"

"I wanted to be a pianist. But after that accident, I didn't want to play piano again. But now I think of it, it was a foolish choice to give it up. I should've pursued that dream," Seohyun said with a hint of regret.

"Like you told me, it's not too late," Jaejoong said.

Seohyun didn't answer him and was lost in the maze of thoughts once again. 

Suddenly, Jaejoong's phone rang, surprising both Jaejoong and Seohyun. Jaejoong picked up the phone.

"Hello?"

Seohyun looked at him with curiosity. It seemed like he was talking to his friend.

Few moments later, he put his phone down.

"Who was it?" Seohyun asked him.

"It was my friend. He asked if we could have dinner together with my other friends and he asked if I could bring you."

"Me?"

"Yeah I told my friends about you and they want to meet you. So can you come with me tonight?"

Seohyun hesitated a little then answered, "Sure."


Did you guys like this chapter? I hope you guys enjoyed it. Please continue to support this story! :)