Chapter 14

Love?

It was just another rainy afternoon. Seohyun just came back from Yoochun's funeral that no one attended except her. Feeling drained, Seohyun took a nap. 

 

"Seohyun" 

 

Seohyun, at the familiar voice, immediately woke up.

 

"Seohyun"

 

"Oppa!" Seohyun ran to the figure which looked like Yoochun. 

 

It felt like a deja vu. But she hoped that he wouldn't go away like he did last time. So she tried to hug him, but she couldn't.

 

"Oppa.." 

 

"I'll let you go now… Be happy Seohyun," Yoochun spoke with a soft smile then faded away.

 

Again, it was a dream. Seohyun woke up with tears running down her face.

 

She got up and ran to the hospital without thinking of anything else. When she got to the room, she saw that it was empty. She walked to the bed where Yoochun used to lie. He was no longer there. 

 

"Yoochun oppa.." Seohyun called out as she touched the bed.

 

Then tears flowed out uncontrollably. She wept sorrowfully after finally realizing that Yoochun was really gone. 

 

The whole afternoon, she walked and walked and walked under the cloudy sky. There were sounds of thunder, foretelling a rain storm. Seohyun couldn't hear any of them. She kept on walking, not knowing where exactly she was heading to. 

 

Soon, tiny drops of water landed on her head. She couldn't feel anything. In few seconds, those small drops enlarged and poured down. Still, she couldn't feel anything because she was so lost in her thoughts. She was all wet, but she didn't mind. 

 

Soon, it got dark, but the rain came down ceaselessly. Seohyun, without realizing, was walking through a familiar street. Then she heard a familiar voice. Then a familiar figure ran to her. She lifted her eyes and saw a familiar face.

 

"Jaejoong ssi…?"

 

End of Flashback

 

Jaejoong was worried, seeing Seohyun being unlike her usual self. She wasn't the Seohyun he knew. 

 

"Tell me, what happened?" 

 

Seohyun tried to speak, but her voice couldn't come out because she was trying to suppress her tears. Her lips shivered and eventually, she bursted out in tears again. Seohyun couldn't control herself. It hurted Jaejoong to see her in such pain. He gently pulled her soaked body into his embrace and Seohyun buried her face on his shoulder. Like that, Seohyun just cried and wailed for hours. 

 

Gradually, her cry became quieter and eventually died down. Her eyes were closed and her body was leaning on Jaejoong. But her body was shivering violently, which made him worried because she has been wet for several hours. She could be in danger of hypothermia. Quickly, Jaejoong carried her to his room and laid her on his bed. He brought out his clothes. He hesitated a bit, but he knew it had to be done. He carefully removed Seohyun's wet clothes. As he was doing that, he saw a lot of scars on her body. He realized that it was from "that" accident that she told him about. He then quickly dried her body with a towel and put on his dry clothes. Then he tucked her under the blanket. He sat down on the floor next to the bed and held her cold hands and just stared at her. He had missed her so much and finally, he got to see her, but seeing her like this was not what he wanted. Worries and anxiety weighed down his heart. 

 

Seohyun was having a nightmare. In her dream was her family. All of them seemed so happy and bright. Suddenly, with a loud honk, a car came straight at them. 

 

BANG!

 

When Seohyun opened her eyes, she saw their car flipped upside down. And through the broken glass were her parents, bleeding excessively. She slowly approached the wrecked car. She saw her parents,Yoochun, and herself who were covered in blood. Yoochun had his arms around her protectively. Panicking, she tried to open the door. 

 

"Mom..? Dad! Yoochun oppa! Oppa!"

 

Jaejoong, who was sitting next to her, saw that Seohyun was breathing rapidly and calling out barely audibly, "Yoochun oppa!" 

 

"Oh Seohyun… It's okay," Jaejoong said in a soothing voice, trying to calm her down.

 

He started humming as he caressed her long, soft hair. Softly, he began singing her a song.

 

I can’t look at you even when I have my eyes open
I can’t find your heart which has become cloudy amongst the worn out memories
I can’t do more because I’m tied and cried too much
No matter how much I think, I think I’ll be okay when if I see you

I want to protect you… even your bad habits make me smile when I’m tired
Although it may be difficult, I’m going to say that I love you until the day you first come into my arms

I can’t smile, I can’t remember even when I smile
today also feels like it may disappear like a dream when I open my eyes
Even when I see you, I feel like you aren’t with me
I guess I’m still awkward at expressing my feelings… to love you

I want to protect you… even your bad habits make me smile when I’m tired
Although it may be difficult, I’m going to say that I love you until the day you first come into my arms

Will you become happy when you leave me to find a different warmth?
Even so I can’t let you go baby
It’s going to hurt even more than dying

I love you.. more than anyone… no, I’m next to you
I’m holding your hand
I can’t give you to anyone else’s arms
my heart cannot let you go…why

(from http://pinkrazy.wordpress.com/2011/08/10/jyj-jaejoong-ill-protect-you-lyrics-and-translation/)

 

Soon after, Seohyun calmed down and her face became more peaceful. Relieved, a tiny smile of relief appeared on Jaejoong's lips. He spent the night just watching her sleep in peace until his eyelids slowly closed. 

 

 

The sun came up and Jaejoong's eyes slowly opened as he felt pain in his back. He had fallen asleep on the bed in a sitting position. He got up and saw Seohyun sleeping soundly with the face of an angel. He placed his hands on her forehead to check to see if her fever had gone down. Thankfully, her temperature was back to normal. Jaejoong let out a sigh of relief and a small smile appeared on his face. Without thinking, he leaned in and placed his lips on Seohyun's forehead. After he had done that, he himself was surprised by his sudden action. He quickly got up and left the room with his heart racing. Waking himself from the daze, Jaejoong went to the kitchen to prepare breakfast for Seohyun. 

 

After few minutes, he came back with a tray with a bowl of porridge. He saw that Seohyun was awake. She was sitting, hugging her knees. It seemed like she was lost in her thoughts.

 

"Seohyun, are you feeling better?" Jaejoong asked softly. 

 

She didn't reply. She didn't even look at him. 

 

Jaejoong sat on the bed. 

 

He scooped the porridge and brought the spoon to

 

"You should eat"

 

Seohyun just turned her head away.

 

"Or at least tell me what happened," Jaejoong pleaded.

 

Seohyun just shook her head like she wanted to get stuff off her mind. Once again, tears flooded her eyes.  

 

"He's gone," she whispered in a shaky voice.

 

"What? Who?" Jaeojoong said, confused.

 

"He.. Yoochun… is gone."

 


 

I'm so sorry for making you guys wait for so long! But here it is now! Please enjoy :) And thank you so much for your support!