Chapter 8

Love?

Now Jaejoong was waiting for Seohyun in front of her house. He was very excited and little nervous because it felt somewhat like introducing his girlfriend to his friends even though she's not his girlfriend.

Several minutes later, Seohyun came out of her house in a white blouse and knee-length floral skirt. Her hair was down, with a slight wave, which made her look more feminine. Jaejoong's smile stretched to his ears at her appearance. Seohyun ran towards him, feeling sorry for making him wait.

"Sorry, Jaejoong-ssi, to keep you waiting," Seohyun said as they got on the car.

"No it's fine," he replied with a warm smile.

Seohyun smiled back at him. Jaejoong was wearing a white V-neck t-shirt with a black blazer and black dress pants.

“He’s looking extra handsome today,” Seohyun said in her mind.   

As they were driving, Jaejoong was secretly glancing at Seohyun. But Seohyun was looking out the window the whole time.

"She looks pretty today. I can't stop looking at her," Jaejoong thought.

When Seohyun, who was looking at Jaejoong through the reflection on the window, saw Jaejoong glancing at her, she thought he caught her staring at him and shifted her gaze to her bag on her lap with embarrassment, while Jaejoong, in his mind, thought that his glances made her feel uncomfortable. The atmosphere in the car became awkward and both of them felt uneasy.

So Jaejoong, with all his courage, spoke up to ease the atmosphere.

"Seohyun, you look pretty today," trying to sound as natural as possible, Jaejoong spoke with his eyes fixed on the road.

Seohyun, astonished by his compliment, blushed and said with a shy smile, "Thank you. You also look really handsome."

Jaejoong, upon hearing her say that, bit his lips to prevent himself from grinning like a fool.

"What are your friends like?" Seohyun asked, wanting to have a conversation so it's not too awkward.

"They are really playful when we're together. Especially Junsu. He is shy around new people, but when he's with his friends, he is very energetic. Changmin is quiet and calm, but he fun at times. He loves eating. Yunho is a gentleman. He is quite humorous though," Jaejoong told her about his friends.

"So there's Junsu-ssi, Changmin-ssi, and Yunho-ssi?" Seohyun asked to see if she got the names correct.

"Yeah," Jaejoong answer.

"Yunho is 28 years old, Junsu is 27, and Changmin is 26. Just so you know," Jaejoong added and Seohyun nodded as she listened to him.

Soon, they arrived in front of the restaurant. Jaejoong and Seohyun got off the car. Strangely, Seohyun was feeling nervous and Jaejoong could see that. Jaejoong reached out his hand and hold her hand.

Then he asked, "Why are you so nervous?"

"I don't know. Maybe it's because I'm meeting new people," Seohyun answered in a quiet voice.

"Don't worry. I bet you're gonna have fun," Jaejoong encouraged her with an assuring smile.

They went in to the restaurant. It was a fancy, luxurious place. Seohyun looked around the place with wonder. The waitress led them to a round table under a dim light.

"It seems like my friends aren't here yet. Let's have a seat first," Jaejoong said as he pulled out a chair for her.

Carefully, Seohyun sat down and Jaejoong took a seat next to her.

Soon, one of his friends came in.

"Hyung! I missed you! You weren't at work today!" a cute-looking man said in a loud and excited voice.

"Hey Junsu! I'm sorry haha," Jaejoong stood up and greeted him.

Junsu saw Seohyun and immediately bowed politely and said in a calmer voice, "Hello, I'm Kim Junsu. Nice to meet you, Seohyun-ssi."

Seohyun also stood up to greet him.

She said as she bowed, "Hello Junsu-ssi. Nice to meet you too."

"Come have a seat," Jaejoong said.

Junsu took a seat next to Jaejoong.

"I've called Changmin and Yunho hyung. Changmin said he'll be here in 10 minutes and Yunho hyung said he's on the way here and it might take him a while," said Junsu.

"Okay. Should we order first?" Jaejoong asked.

"I think we should wait for them," Junsu replied.

Then there was an uncomfortable silence. None of them knew what to say.

"Junsu-ssi, how did you guys meet?" Seohyun asked Junsu, surprising him with the sudden question.

"Umm... We.. We went to the s..same high school in Japan and we.. we were in a band together." Junsu nervously answered her.

Jaejoong laughed at Junsu.

"Hyung! Are you laughing at me?"

"Yes. I am. Why are you stammering? You sound stupid," Jaejoong said as he continued to laugh.

Ignoring the laugh, Seohyun spoke, "Ohh... So you guys were in a band?"

Jaejoong stopped the laughing and spoke, "Yeah it was an acapella group."

Surprised by the fact that she didn't know, Seohyun's eyes were enlarged and she exclaimed, "Wow! That's so cool!"

Jaejoong looked at her with a warm smile. Junsu caught that and saw that something was fishy.

"You own a bakery right?" Junsu asked.

"No, I don't own a bakery. I just work there," Seohyun corrected him and giggled.

"Ahh~ Anyways, you know, my hyung has been busy these days going on dates with you. I've been lonely because of that," Junsu said, making a sad face.

At his words, Jaejoong and Seohyun blushed.

Seohyun then commented, "It's not a date, it's a hangout."

"That's what you guys call it. When a man and a woman go out and do something together, we call it a date," Junsu said teasingly.

Before Seohyun could talk back, a tall man talked towards them.

"Hyung!"

"Hey Changminnie~ Long time no see!" Jaejoong greeted the man cheerfully.

Changmin took a seat next to Junsu.

Then he bowed and said, "Nice to finally meet you, Seohyun-ssi. I'm Shim Changmin."

Seohyun replied with a smile, "Nice to meet you too, Changmin-ssi."

"I've heard a lot about you Seohyun-ssi. Jaejoong hyung talks about you very often."

Seohyun smiled shyly at that and Jaejoong's face reddened with embarrassment.

"What did he say about me?" Seohyun asked curiously.

"He told me that-"

"Changmin!" Jaejoong urgently stopped him from talking.

"Why?" Changmin asked him with an innocent face.

"What did he say?" Seohyun asked him, wanting him to continue on.

Jaejoong gave Changmin the be-careful-with-what-you-say look, but Changmin didn't even look at him and continued.

"He said that you make the best goguma cake and hot chocolate!" Changmin said which caused Seohyun to chuckle.

Jaejoong released a sigh and said inwardly, "Of course Changmin only cares about food."

"Now I'm hungry. Can we order first?" Changmin asked.

"Yeah I think we should since Yunho hyung won't be here soon," Junsu said.

"Okay. Go ahead and order guys," Jaejoong said like a responsible older brother.

"I want the rib steak! And this soup! Plus the waffle!" Changmin, who was really hyper and excited, exclaimed.

"I’ll have tenderloin steak," Junsu said.

"How about you, Seohyun?" Jaejoong asked.

"I don't know. What's good here?"

Changmin right away shouted, "Rib steak!"

Seohyun looked at it on the menu and it was very expensive.

"Jaejoong, what are you going to eat?"

"I like cream pasta so I'll have that," Jaejoong answered.

"Then I'll have that too," Seohyun said as she closed the menu.

The waitress took the order and left.

 "Hyung, I'm just really curious. Are you two dating?" Changmin asked curiously.

Junsu leaned his upper body forward with interest and curiosity to carefully listen to what they have to say.

"No! We're not dating!" they both answered at the same time.

"Are you sure?" Changmin said suspiciously.

"Yes, Changmin-ssi. We're just close friends," Seohyun answered him.

Jaejoong didn't say anything and kept his mouth closed, but in his head, he answered, "Yeah we're not dating, sadly."

Seohyun, who became uncomfortable with that question, looked away from them and her gaze landed on a man. He was tall, his face was small, and his facial features were… familiar. "Is he a model? Why does he look so familiar?" Seohyun wondered.

Who is he?

 


Here's an update! I hope you guys enjoyed it and please comment, subscribe, and vote! Thank you~ :)