Chapter 3

Love?

Seohyun's days have been delightful after she met Jaejoong. She was the type of person who didn't socialize with people well. But with Jaejoong she felt comfortable and happy. She felt like they could be good friends after their first conversation. But not when they first met. He seemed cold and maybe a playboy type person because of his sharp-looking, yet handsome face. Plus, he didn't smile much. But now he smiled more than he did before and he was very opened to her. She was thankful to have friend like him. She would sometimes call him after work to have a talk and eat cake together. And sometimes Jaejoong would take her to his favorite restaurant for lunch. People might think they're dating, but they say they are just good friends. She liked being good friends with him. But that's just because she hasn't recognized her true feelings yet.

Jaejoong was confused. It was weird that he was able to be more opened to her than any other people and that he, who didn't really like to socialize with people, liked being with her. By spending time with her more, he was able to easily overcome the sadness after the breakup with Jessica. Occasionally, he would come across a question, "Do I like her?" But that question was always left unanswered. He didn't want to answer it because that feeling might ruin the relationship that they have now. Also, she still hasn't answered the question about her boyfriend. He didn't want to ask her until she brings it up. But he was getting curious. If she had one, why didn't she say yes? And if she didn't, why couldn't she say no? He thought maybe she felt like they weren't close enough at the time he asked that question. But now, they are closer than before. Still, she didn't answer that question. Maybe she forgot about it. That means he'll have to wait.

Tick. Tick. Soft rain was sprinkled from the cloudy night sky of early June. Seohyun came back from work all tired. She placed her heavy tired body on the sofa and fumbled through her bag to find her phone. She couldn't find it. She sat straight and looked through her bag again. Panic started to spread.

"Oh no. Where is it?" her voice was quiet but was filled with worry.

"I must've left it in the bakery!"

Not caring about the rain, Seohyun quickly locked the door and sprinted to the bakery.

Panting wildly, she stopped herself in front the bakery. Jaejoong was there with his phone on his ear. He was wearing a light blue zip-up hoodie and jeans. His outfit was more casual than usual.

"Jaejoong-ssi," she called out softly.

At her voice, Jaejoong turned around and saw Seohyun.

"Seohyun, you're all wet! Did you run here?"

"Yeah I think I left my phone here so I came to get it," said Seohyun with a weak voice, still tired from running.

"So you came all the way here at this hour running to get your phone? Without an umbrella when it's raining?" it sounded like he was scolding her, but it was because he was worried.

"Yeah... I needed it and if it's not here then I need to look for it so...," she said as she opened the bakery door.

"I found it," she said with a big smile.

"Seohyun, you're so dumb. You got yourself all wet! You're gonna get sick!"

"I'm okay. I'm not gonna get sick! I'm healthy!" she said brightly.

"Did you come here for some hot chocolate and cake?" Seohyun asked.

"No. I was just walking and I passed by here to see you but you weren't there. You're usually here till ten, but it was nine and you weren't there. So I called you," Jaejoong explained.

"Oh. And I was able to meet you because I left my phone here hahaha."

"Yeah. Maybe you need a hot drink to warm you up," Jaejoong spoke worriedly.

"I'm fine. I need to go home. I'm tired."

"I'll walk you home. You don't even have an umbrella."

"Sure then."

So they walked together under a small umbrella. Cold night wind was blowing, which caused Seohyun to shiver. She wrapped herself with her arms. Jaejoong suddenly stopped walking. At that, Seohyun stared at him with curiosity. He handed the umbrella he was holding to Seohyun and took off his hoodie. Then he placed it on Seohyun's shoulder.

"Wear it," Jaejoong said as he took the umbrella from her hand.

"T..Thanks," she felt little awkward by his action.

She put her arms through the hoodie. Jaejoong glanced at her then put the hood over her head and pulled the zipper all the way up.

Now satisfied, Jaejoong cheerfully said, "There you go. Let's go now!"

They walked slowly in a comfortable silence. While they were walking, Jaejoong saw Seohyun's phone held tightly with both of her hands. Her phone wasn't a smart phone that everyone else has. It was an old grey folder phone. Looking at that, many questions were popping into Jaejoong's head. Why was she still using an old phone? He knew it wasn't because she couldn't afford a smart phone.

"Seohyun, your phone seems really old."

"It is. My brother gave this to me as a gift on my 16th birthday so it's special and precious to me," she spoke as she caressed her phone with her thumb.

Jaejoong was surprised that she has a brother. She never talked about her family.

"Oh. You have a brother?"

There was a hint of sadness in Seohyun's eyes. 

She answered, "Yeah I have an older brother. He's only one year younger than you."

He wanted to ask more, but they have already arrived in front of Seohyun's house.

"Goodnight Jaejoong-ssi. Thank you."

"Goodnight Seohyun."

Seohyun replied with a smile and headed in to her house.