Chapter 15

Love?

Yoochun was gone. Oddly, that brought heaviness to Jaejoong's heart. Yoochun was alive as if he were dead. Now, he is just dead. It pained Jaejoong to see Seohyun hurting like this, and it pained him even more that she was hurting like this because of Yoochun. She was still holding on to Yoochun.

Days passed by. Seohyun was still pale and looked lifeless, but with Jaejoong's effort, she regained some energy. He would take her to beautiful parks, to dinner dates, to the movies, and to piano concerts. But Seohyun's heart was still uneasy. Jaejoong definitely helped her in keeping her occupied. However, Yoochun still remained in the back of her mind. And she felt bad. She felt bad when Jaejoong would call her and bring her to beautiful parks, to dinner dates, to the movies, and to piano concerts. She felt bad being with Jaejoong because she was unsure of who really is in her heart. Was it Yoochun or Jaejoong?

 

"Did you enjoy the concert?" Jaejoong asked her as they walked out of the piano concert.

 

"Yes, of course. It was fantastic," Seohyun said with a warm smile.

 

"Did you ever dream of performing on stage like that?"

 

"Of course. That was my dream since when I was little," said Seohyun with a bitter smile.

 

"Do you sometimes regret not continuing to play piano?" 

 

After a pause, she said, "Not until recently. I didn't want to play the piano because it pained me with the memories with Yoochun oppa, but now, I realized I really loved playing piano and it wasn't just because of oppa."

 

"You know, it's not too late to start again," he said.

 

Seohyun just smiled at Jaejoong.

 

"Do you wanna get something to eat?" Jaejoong asked.

 

"Hmmm… Maybe.. Ice cream?" Seohyun said with a excited voice.

 

"Sure. Let's go!" Jaejoong replied as he grabbed her hand and led her to an ice cream store. 

 

After they each got their ice creams, they walked peacefully in silence. Jaejoong was just so happy to be around Seohyun again. And she was smiling. He was fully satisfied and happy with her presence. 

 

Suddenly Jaejoong stopped his steps. Seohyun too stopped and turned to him curiously. 

 

"Seohyun, it hasn't been too long since we've met. From the beginning I was sure that you were a good, beautiful, pure-hearted person. But back then, I wasn't sure of this feeling in my heart I feel every time I see you or think of you. As we spent more and more time together, I figured out what this is. It's love. Seohyun, I wanted to tell you that I really love you," Jaejoong softly spoke with sincerity. 

 

"Jaejoong-ssi…," Seohyun stared at him with eyes filled with surprise.

 

There was a moment of awkward silence.

 

"I..I didn't mean to make you feel uncomfortable. I didn't even mean to say all these. But I had to… I couldn't keep it in anymore. And, I'm not expecting you to respond to my feelings in the same way. I hope we can still, at least, be friends like we are now." he said thoughtfully. 

 

After another moment of silence, Seohyun opened .

 

"I.. I like you too, Jaejoong-ssi" 

 

Jaejoong felt like his heart just stopped.

 

She resumed and carefully spoke, "But, I'm not sure if it's the same way you like me. I.. I'm still trying to figure it out. If you're-"  

 

"It doesn't matter. I just wanted to get this out. I wanted you to know how I felt," Jaejoong quietly said, facing down. 

 

Seohyun felt sorry that she couldn't face him. Now the atmosphere became more heavy and awkward.

 

This uncomfortable silence went on.

 


Here's another update! Thank you for reading this and thank you so much to the subscribers! I would also really appreciate comments and feedback :) Hope you enjoyed this chapter!