Chapter 6

Love?

Finally updated!!! I'm so sorry for making you guys wait for so long. I hope you enjoy this chapter! :)

P. S. I'm sorry if there's any grammar mistake 


 

It was the next day. Jaejoong's mood matched the weather, sunny and bright.

"Good morning!" Jaejoong greeted his co-workers with a big smile.

One of his co-workers, Junsu, stared at him with his eyes wide open.

"Why are you staring at me like that?" Jaejoong asked innocently.

"You smiled," he said with an almost terrified expression.

"I did?"

"Yes, you did."

"So, is it weird for me to smile?"

"No, but it's just very rare to see you smile at work."

"Oh, really? I'll smile more from now on," Jaejoong said as he smiled at him and went into his office.

 Jaejoong sat down on his chair and recalled what happened last night.

 

Flashback

Seohyun and Jaejoong were walking in silence, holding each other's hand. Surprisingly, it was not awkward. Both of them felt very natural and comfortable.

Breaking the silence, Jaejoong opened up and spoke, "I sometimes wonder what my life would look like if I hadn't met you."

Seohyun didn't know how to reply to that. Suddenly Jaejoong stopped and faced her.

"Seohyun, I want to tell you that I am so glad I met you because I can't imagine my life now without you. You brought joy and smiles into my life. I feel so lucky to have you beside me. So I just want to thank you."

Seohyun was surprised and touched by his words. A shy grin formed on her lips and suddenly, she wrapped her arms around Jaejoong's waist. At this unexpected action of Seohyun, Jaejoong's body became stiff and his eyes grew larger. But his lips slowly curled into a big smile. Then he embraced her with his long arms and hugged her tightly. His heart was pounding faster and faster. It was a strange feeling for him. He has never felt this way before.

Seohyun pulled away from the hug and she said, "I feel the same way, Jaejoong-ssi. I feel so blessed to have you beside me, especially in times like today. Thank you so much."

End of Flashback

 

His heart was beating like it did yesterday at that memory. Heat was rising and a smile was plastered on his face.

"What's happening to me?" Jaejoong thought.

He pondered on it for a moment and one thing popped into his mind.

"Love... Is this love?"

 

"Good morning!"Seohyun said cheerfully.

Taeyeon, her co-worker, looked at her with surprised.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Seohyun asked her.

"You seem very happy today."

"Was I not like this before?"

"Well, you were happy, but not as cheerful as you are today. Anyways, it's nice to see you like this."

Seohyun just chuckled.

"Did something good happen? Are you seeing someone?" Taeyeon asked jokingly

"W..What?" Seohyun looked to her with surprised.

"Why are you so surprised? Are you really dating someone?" Taeyeon asked her again.

Before she could answer Taeyeon said, "Oh! Is it HIM?"

"Him? Who are you talking about?" Seohyun asked.

"Him! Baekhyun told me that yesterday, a guy came to the bakery and asked where you were. Is it him? Or is it the guy who asked Sulli to give you the note? Which one is it?"

"Both of them are Jaejoong-ssi. But I'm not dating him."

"Jaejoong..? Kim Jaejoong? Oh my gosh! Kim Jaejoong is the grandson of the president of JJ Company!"

"What?"

"You didn't know that? He’s really famous!"

"I.. I didn't know. He told me that he works there, but not that part," Seohyun said.

Seohyun was a little disappointed that he didn't tell her that, but she believed that there was a reason for him to not tell her.

Then she thought, "I thought now he really opened up to me and trust me... Maybe I was wrong... Maybe he thinks we're not close enough yet..."

The more Seohyun thought about it, disappointment grew larger.

"Anyways, he's a good catch, Seohyun. I heard he's really good-looking too!" Taeyeon said excitedly.

Seohyun just smiled and went away.

Soon, work began and Seohyun was busy with work. However, Jaejoong never left her mind throughout the day.

 

It was about 9:30 PM when Seohyun got done with cleaning up. Exhausted and tired, she grabbed a chair and sat down for a rest. After staring at the wall for several minutes, she pulled out her phone and texted Jaejoong because she meet him for a talk.

To Jaejoong

Are you done with work now?

After she sent the message, she patiently waited for his reply. Few minutes passed and Seohyun's phone vibrated. She opened the message and read it.

From Jaejoong

Hi :) Yeah I'm at home now.

Looking at the message, Seohyun was a little disappointed that he was already home. But she typed in the text like she was alright. Before she pressed the button to send the text message, someone covered her eyes. This sudden action by an unknown person jolted her and made her drop her phone.

"Wh..Who are you?"

That person didn't reply.

She d the hands that were covering her eyes then said with uncertainty, "Jaejoong-ssi?"

Then the hands were removed from her eyes and Seohyun turned around.

"Jaejoong-ssi!"

There stood Jaejoong with a bright smile. At this, all the disappointments and discouraged feelings were forgotten and erased.

"But you just told me you're at home!" Seohyun said as she picked up her phone on the ground.

"I was just planning to surprise you."

Seohyun laughed at his childishness.

"Have you eaten? I'm hungry," Jaejoong said as he pouted.

Seohyun smile grew bigger when saw Jaejoong's cute pout.

She replied, "No, not yet."

"Then let's go eat!" Jaejoong said.

 

They arrived in a pojangmacha (tented restaurants on the streets in Korea).

"You come to places like this?" Seohyun said surprised by the choice of restaurant.

"Everyone loves pojangmacha. The food is good and the atmosphere is comfortable. I enjoy coming here."

"That is surprising. Rich people usually don't come to places like this."

Jaejoong looked at her like he doesn't understand what she is saying.

"I heard that you are the grandson of the president of JJ Company. And I didn't hear that from you."

"Seohyun... It's not like I was trying to hide it from you. The reason why I didn't tell you is because I was afraid. I was afraid if I told you, you wouldn't be as comfortable with me. I was afraid you might not treat me the way you treat me now. And when I'm with you, I forget about whether I am rich or poor, smart or dumb... I hope you can understand me."

"Of course I do. I'm not mad at you, Jaejoong-ssi. But when I heard something about you that I didn't know about from another person, I felt like I didn't know you well enough. I began to think that maybe we're not as close as I thought we are."

"Seohyun, you're like my best friend. Don't think that way. I'm sorry for not telling and thank you for understanding me. So for that, I'll pay for the food tonight!"

"You don't have to be sorry. But are you gonna pay for the drink too?"

Jaejoong chuckled and said, "Of course. What do you want? Do you drink alcohol? Want some soju?"

"Umm I've never tried it before. But I'll give it a try today."

"Haha okay."

Jaejoong ordered a bottle of soju and gobchang (fried cow intestine).

"Gobchang? You eat gobchang?"

"It's so good! Have you never tried it?"

"I haven't. It's cow intestine and that's gross!"

"You should just try it. It's really tasty," said Jaejoong with confidence and assurance.

Then a plate of gobchang and a bottle of soju were placed in front of them. Perfect timing.

"Come on! Try it!" Jaejoong said excitedly.

Jaejoong poured the drink into a cup and placed it in front of Seohyun, who was staring intently at the food. She gathered up her courage and grabbed a piece and quickly put it in . Slowly, she chewed on it with a frown. Soon, the frown faded and her eyes sparkled.

"Hmm it's not that bad," Seohyun said.

After that her hands and mouth were busy.

"Slow down Seohyun," Jaejoong said with a little laughter.

"Jaejoong-ssi, you should eat too!"

"Until when are you gonna call me 'Jaejoong-ssi'?"

Seohyun tilted her head to the side and said, "Then what do I call you?"

"You could call me oppa," Jaejoong said, grinning sheepishly.

"O..oppa? But I'm already comfortable calling you Jaejoong-ssi."

"Fine then," Jaejoong said, pretending to be mad.

"Are you mad?" Seohyun who have fallen for his joke, asked with real concern.

"I'm just joking Seohyun!" He said as he bursted out laughing.

"What? Ahh Jaejoong-ssi~!"

"I'm sorry Seohyun. You're just so gullible. Don't be mad at me," Jaejoong pleaded.

"I'll forgive you this time," Seohyun said as she brought the cup to her lips and poured the liquid into .

When liquid slid down , it felt as if it was burning which caused her to make a wry face. She felt like screaming, but managed to keep her scream in.

"Uh this tastes so bad!" Seohyun said.

Jaejoong let out a laugh and said, "I don’t think you should drink from now on, Seohyun. You've only drank one cup and your face is already red."

Seohyun touched her hot cheeks. She felt heat rising in her whole body and was getting dizzy. Her eyelids felt heavy and everything seemed blurry.

"Seohyun? Are you okay?" Jaejoong asked.

"I'm.. I'm okay...," she said as she slowly closed her eyes and went unconscious.

Her body drifted towards the side and Jaejoong quickly stopped her from banging her head on the ground by grabbing her shoulders. He put her arms around him and held her waist. He picked up her bag and brought her to his car. Jaejoong reached for the seat belt and was suddenly stopped in front of Seohyun's sleeping face. She was beautiful. Her beauty wasn't like the celebrities' out there, but was more of an uncommon, special, and unique beauty. Yes, her face was beautiful, but what really stood out about about her to Jaejoong was her heart - pure, joyful, and full of love for other people. Suddenly Seohyun, interrupting these thoughts, moved her head and as she did that, her lips brushed against his. That left Jaejoong in a daze. Seohyun, not knowing what just happened, was still sleeping in peace. Quickly, he sat properly in his seat after buckling her seatbelt. His heart was racing so fast.

"What's wrong with me? It's not like I've never kissed anyone before. And that wasn't even a kiss!" Jaejoong thought.

After driving for a while, he stopped the car in front of her house.

"Seohyun," Jaejoong softly called her name to wake her up.

No response.

So he gently shook her and called out louder, "Seohyun. Wake up."

Still, there was no response.

"What do I do now? I don't know the code to the door lock," Jaejoong spoke to himself.

After a moment of pondering, he drove to his house. When they arrived in front of his house, Jaejoong carried Seohyun in bridal style into his house. He laid her body on his bed and tucked her in.  Tired from carrying Seohyun, Jaejoong sat down on the floor, leaning on the bed, and stared at Seohyun once again. Few minutes, maybe an hour, have passe, but Jaejoong remained in that position, his eyes still fixed on Seohyun.

Jaejoong, gazing at Seohyun, opened his mouth and said, "I think I've found the answer. Seohyun, I love you."