Chapter 13

Love?

 

Here's another update! Please enjoy! :D

 


 

"Oppa!"

 

Seohyun woke up from her dream, calling out for Yoochun.

 

"So.. It was just a dream…" Seohyun thought and let out a deep sigh.

 

"I miss you…" whispered Seohyun as she was replaying her dream of Yoochun in her head. Inside, she had this weird, unexplainable feeling. It was a mixture of uneasiness and anxiety. 

 

"I haven't visited Yoochun oppa in a while. I should probably go see him," Seohyun said, thinking that this feeling was just a longing for him.

 

Seohyun left earlier from work to go to the hospital. As always, her footsteps were heavy and her mind was filled with hopeless dreams. For some reason, the way there felt much longer for Seohyun today.  

 

Slowly, she opened the door and stepped inside, wishing that he would be awake like he was in her dream half-heartedly. But, Yoochun was still the same. Her wish didn't come true, but it wasn't something to be disappointed about. Maybe she has already given up the hope for a miracle. 

 

"Oppa," she softly called out with a weak smile as she sat on the stool beside the bed.

 

She held his and began talking about her life like she always does. 

 

"…. Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if this accident never happened. I mean, if it didn't happen, I would be a pianist and you would be a singer by now. And, I wouldn't be working at the bakery…" Seohyun continued to chatter like a talkative little girl.

 

"And, if I didn't work at the bakery, I wouldn't have met Jaejoong-ssi…" Seohyun paused a little at the mention of Jaejoong's name.

 

"Oppa… What do I do? I..," Seohyun paused for a moment then resumed, "I think I'm beginning to like him… I'm sorry, Oppa. Is that okay?" 

 

At that question, she felt Yoochun's hand squeezing her hand. She looked up in surprise. Then sudden sound from the machine next to Yoochun scared Seohyun. The lines on the monitor moved rapidly and beeping sounds continued.

 

Seohyun, panicking and frightened, immediately called the doctor and nurses. They came rushing in, but when they got there, there was a long sharp sound, indicating only one thing - death. His hand that was holding hers dropped lifelessly.

 

"I..I'm sorry, but he is dead," the doctor said in a solemn voice.

 

Seohyun was at a loss for words. She watched them cover up his body and moving him out of the room. 

 

This all seemed like a dream.

 


 

She came out of the hospital, still in a daze. She looked around her. Nothing has changed. Seohyun couldn't comprehend what just happened. She couldn't feel anything. 

 

For days, Seohyun stayed home, doing and eating nothing. Her heart and mind became numb and she couldn't feel the pain. But she also couldn't function normally. 

 

He was now gone. Completely.