Chapter 17

Love?

 

"An angelic pianist moves Germany with amazing skills"

 

A smile spread across Jaejoong's face as he read this headline.

 

"I guess you're doing well, Joohyun. I'm so proud of you. And I miss you." Jaejoong thought.

 

Knock, knock

 

Jaejoong lifted his head up and answered, "Come in."

 

"Sir, we have an invitation for you," the secretary said as she handed him a red envelope.

 

Curious, he opened up the envelope.

 

It read:

 

"Rising star of 2016 - Seohyun

 

We invite you to her first concert in Korea!

 

March 26, 2016 7:00 PM"

 

And with it was a little note.

 

"I really hope to see you there."

 

Jaejoong could not wait. He thought about visiting her old house, but he was scared for some reason. He waited and waited for the day to come. 

 


 

March 26, 2016

 

The concert hall was bustling with people. Jaejoong quietly sat down and from afar, watched her perform.  

 

"Joohyun, you're the same. Still so beautiful," he thought as he watched her performance.

 

"I am so glad to be back in Korea and perform in front of all you guys. Thank you for your support and attention. But I really want to thank this one person. He.. He allowed me come out of my shell and helped me find who I really am. I hope you're here listening to me," Joohyun said shyly.

 

Jaejoong smiled, knowing that she found her happiness now.

 

"Anyways, thank you again for coming to my show. Hope you enjoyed and have a good night," said Seohyun as she gave her final bow. 

 

The audience cheered and applauded, supporting this talented pianist.

 

In the backstage, Seohyun couldn't help but to tear up seeing the fruit of her hard work for the past year. She also received a celebratory applause by the staff. She was so happy. Her dream has finally come true. Well, it is just the beginning, but she was proud. Yet, there was something, an unnamed emptiness, in her heart. Ignoring it, she cleaned up and left the concert hall in slow steps. 

 

"Joohyun. You're beautiful as ever."

 

This voice. She recognized it right away. The voice she longed to hear. Her steps stopped. Then she turned around. 

 

"Jaejoong-ssi?" 

 

When she turned, she saw him - the same man she left a year a ago. Without even thinking, she ran towards him and crashed into him, wrapping her arms around him. 

 

Surprised by her action, he froze. It was like a dream. The woman he longed for is now here. Slowly, as he realized, his lips stretched into a big smile. He wrapped his arms around her petite body tightly. Like that, they just stood there for moments.

 

"Hey, can I see your face now?"

 

Seohyun refused to look up, but Jaejoong pulled away from the hug and bend to face her. She was in tears. Shyly, she wiped her tears and looked up with a small smile. 

 

"Why are you crying? Shouldn't you be happy now?" Jaejoong said.

 

"I'm just so glad to see you, Jaejoong-ssi," Seohyun said in shaking voice.

 

"I am too. And look at you now. You're already a famous pianist! I'm so proud of you," Jaejoong said, patting her shoulder. 

 

"I am so sorry Jaejoong-ssi for just leaving you like that. And thank you for giving me courage to take this step. And thank you for waiting for me," Seohyun said sincerely. 

 

"Thank you for coming back to me. I missed you. I missed you like crazy," said Jaejoong, looking at her intently. 

 

With this Seohyun knew that his feelings for her haven't changed. She took a step towards Jaejoong and lightly pressed her lips against his. 

 

Again, Jaejoong was surprised. Delightfully surprised. 

 

"Me too," she said.

 

This time, Jaejoong cupped her face and kissed her passionately. It was clear. They were in love.

 

"Joohyun, I love you," he said as he pulled away.

 

"Love?"

 

"Yes, Joohyun. I love you."

 

"I.. I love you too Jaejoong-ssi," she said these words for the first time.

 

Joohyun had no doubt in her heart that she love Jaejoong. It was all clear now and she finally understood what love is. From what they've been through, she knew that it wasn't going to be easy, but she decided to love him anyways. 

 


 

THE END!!!!!!! This story is finally over! Thank you readers and subscribers for being patient with me and supporting this story. I really hope you enjoyed! Again, thank you and I'll be back with another story soon!