Chapter 11

Love?

For Seohyun, there wasn't a day that passed by without the thought of Jaejoong. She liked the fluttery feeling, but with it came worries and confusion. It was because of Yoochun. She was sure that she truly loved Yoochun and she still does… Then what is this feeling towards Jaejoong? You can't love two men at the same time. That means that one of them is not true and Seohyun wasn't sure which one was true. The attraction towards Jaejoong was greater than Yoochun at this moment for Seohyun. She knew it was because he was able to be with her physically. 

"Do I like him because he gives me attention and fills my loneliness? Or do I truly love him?" she often asked herself.

With her head full with these thoughts, Seohyun couldn't contact Jaejoong for few days because it would make her more confused.

Jaejoong was also filled with worries and confusion. They haven't texted or met in a week now. He tried calling her a few times, but it was always off and Jaejoong was frustrated. 

"Is she avoiding me? Is her phone broken?" Jaejoong wondered.

He couldn't help but to feel worried. He was preoccupied with the thought of Seohyun more than before. But, he did not know what to do. 

One day, he tried visiting the bakery. He looked around and waited, but there was no sign of Seohyun.

"What am I, her brother or boyfriend? No, I'm just her friend. I'm overreacting," He mumbled as he turned around and left.

Days passed and soon, two months passed by. 

Jaejoong got busier with work so he doesn't think so much of Seohyun. But every time he got home from work and lied down on his bed, the image of Seohyun crept into his mind. He just wanted to see her and make sure that she was doing well and happy. 

 

The rain was pouring and wind was blowing. Jaejoong just got home from work with heart lightener than before. 

Jaejoong decided to call Seohyun today. So he put his hand inside his right pocket. But his phone wasn't there.

"I'm sure I brought it… Oh maybe I left it in the car," he spoke to himself.

He grabbed his car key and quickly ran to his car to not get so wet. He got his keys from his car and was about to run back, but a familiar figure walking feebly caught his eyes. It felt as if he were dreaming. It didn't feel real to him.

"Seohyun?" he asked himself. 

Her long brown hair, fair skin, small lips, big eyes were all the same. But she looked very different. She looked lifeless. Her eyes were no longer twinkling; they were opaque. 

"Seohyun!" Jaejoong called out with joy and worry at the same time as he ran to her.

"Jaejoong?" Seohyun mumbled with confusion.

"Seohyun what are you doing out here in the rain? Are you okay? You're gonna get sick! Let's go in," Jaejoong spoke as he put his arm around her and led her into his house.  

Seohyun didn't open at her and just gazed at Jaejoong. 

"Wait, I'll get you a towel," Jaejoong said as he hurried into a room.

Within a second, he came out with a big towel. He wrapped it around Seohyun.

"Sit here. I'll get something warm for you,"

Seohyun gently sat on the sofa. Jaejoong went into the kitchen and brought a cup of hot chocolate. 

Jaejoong put down the cup on the table in front of Seohyun.

"Do you need anything else? Oh! I'll get..," Jaejoong stopped and turned to Seohyun when he felt her cold hand weakly hold his. 

Jaejoong, looking into her eyes with a concerned look, asked, "Seohyun, what's wrong?" 

"Jaejoong…," Seohyun called out his name as her tears trickled down her cheeks and quietly sobbed. 

Jaejoong was surprised because he had no idea why Seohyun was crying nor what happened to her.  

Jaejoong sat next to her and wrapped his arm around her shoulders. 

"Tell me, what happened?"