Chapter 4

Love?

Sorry, this chapter is short., but I think I'll be updating again soon. I hope you enjoy!


It was June 4th. It's just a sunny usual day for other people, but to Seohyun, it was a special day. She put on a simple white knee-length dress with a yellow cardigan and left her house. Her steps were heavy and she had an expression that was hard to define what it was. It wasn't excitement or happiness. But it wasn't sadness or anger. 

The place she arrived was a big hospital. She entered a quiet room. The room didn't change at all, except for the bundle of pink carnations and heathers she had place in the vase two months ago that has turned brown and dry. But the orange stool she always sit was the same, still standing next to the bed. This unexplainable feeling Seohyun always get in this room didn't change either. Yoochun, lying on the bed with his eyes closed, was still the same.

She sat down on that orange stool and held Yoochun's hand.

"Oppa, happy birthday," she said as she leaned in and kissed him on the forehead.

"It's so sad that we can't celebrate it together."

Seohyun quietly stared at his face for a long time.

"I should tell you about my new friend. I know it's surprising. His name is Jaejoong. He's 28, just one year older than you. I think you guys would be good friends. He's really nice and friendly. I can talk about so many things with him. I even mentioned about you, but I couldn't share much because.... Because it hurts me every time I think about you." Her eyes were moistened and her voice was trembling. Soon drops of tear trickled down her pale face and to the floor.

"I really miss everything about you. I miss watching movies with you, playing piano with you, walking at nights, talking, singing together, and... And just looking at your eyes. I miss all those things so much," she spoke with her weak voice as she held his hand tightly.

"If you leave, I don't have anyone to call oppa, to hold my hand, to play piano with, or sing me to sleep. I need you. I'm not gonna have anyone beside me if you leave," Seohyun said, but at the last sentence, the image of Jaejoong appeared in her mind.

"But he's not you. I can't replace you with anyone. So please wake up oppa..."

She weeped softly and soon, she fell asleep.

It's been another stressful day at work for Jaejoong. But everyday, he looked forward to seeing Seohyun after work. As soon as work ended, he went to the bakery. At the bakery, he saw a young man cleaning up the place. Where is Seohyun?

"Excuse me?"

"I'm sorry, but it's closed."

"I know. But I want to ask where Seohyun is."

"Oh Seohyun noona took a day off today. But I don't know exactly why."

"Oh okay. Thank you."

"Are you her boyfriend?" the young man asked.

Jaejoong laughed a little then answered,  "No, we're just close friends."

"Oh okay."

"Goodbye," Jaejoong said and quickly left the bakery.

Jaejoong called her. He waited for her to pick up, but she didn't. Even after several calls, she wasn't picking up. Then he messaged her.

To Seohyun

Where are you?

No reply. Jaejoong headed to his house and decided to wait until she replies.

It was already 9 pm when Seohyun woke up. Her back was hurting from sleeping with her upper body leaning on the bed. Even when she was sleeping, she didn't let go of his hand. But it was time for her to leave and so she slowly let go of his hand. She gave Yoochun a goodbye kiss on the cheek and left the hospital.