Chapter 1

Love?

Sorry if there's any grammar mistake. I hope you enjoy!


 

"Dang! I forgot my umbrella!" Seohyun shouted.

It was a rainy evening. Seohyun was done with cleaning up the bakery and was about to close the door. Suddenly, a man came running to the bakery.

"I'm sorry Sir, but it's closed."

"It's really urgent. Can I just buy a cake? I'll pay you double!"

"Umm well... Okay then but you don't have to."

Seohyun opened the door and went to the cashier.

"Which one would you like?"

"Which one's the best?"

"Hmm... A lot of people buy this one but I think this goguma cake is the best."

"Really? Then I'll take that."

"Okay. Please wait for a moment."

Seohyun carefully placed the cake into the box and handed it to the guy.

"Thank you so much miss... What is your name?"

"Call me Seohyun."

"Thank you so much Seohyun-ssi" he thanked her as he paid for the cake.

"You are welcome" said Seohyun with a warm smile.

The guy has left and the rain was still pouring. 

Now Seohyun was left in the bakery and she thought, "What do I do... I can't go home in the rain...Maybe I should just stay here until the rain stops" 

 

The guy, Jaejoong, arrived in an apartment. He rushed to the elevator and pressed the button. He looked at his watch.

"Dang it! 10 minutes left!" he said his thought out loud.

The elevator arrived at the 12th floor. Jaejoong sprinted out of there and to number 314. He pressed the buttons and opened the door. He walked in silently. He heard Jessica's voice. "Is she on the phone?" he wondered. But then he heard a man's voice too.

"No he said he can't come today. Don't worry." he listened to their conversation.

"Really? He said he can't come on your birthday?"

"Yeah, so I need you to be with me tonight."

She was trying to sound cute and seductive.

"I'll be with you tonight baby."

Listening to their conversation, anger was building inside of Jaejoong. He did not want to see her again. He just left the house and banged the door.

Jessica, at the sound of door banging, ran out of her house. She saw Jaejoong walking to the elevator with a cake in his hand.

"Jaejoong!" she shouted, but it was too late.

He was already gone.

Jaejoong got on his car and drove. He drove, not having any destination in mind. He couldn't keep his anger and pulled his car to the side. He looked at the outside. He was in front of the bakery that he stopped by to buy the cake. The lights were still on and he saw the girl, Seohyun, reading a book. Jaejoong grabbed the cake and just went to the store. He knocked and got Seohyun's attention. Seohyun lifted her eyes from the book she was reading and saw Jaejoong standing outside. He was a little wet. She stood up and walked to the door. She unlocked the door and opened the door for him, confused and curiously.

"Why are you here again?" Seohyun asked and then she saw the cake in his hand.

"Date canceled or something?" She asked.

"Uhh.. Kinda. I caught my girlfriend having an affair." said Jaejoong with an effort to sound not so sad. 

"Ohhh... I'm sorry. Hey come have a seat. Do you want some warm drink?"

"Sure. Thanks." he simply replied, but with gratitude.

He sat down and Seohyun brought in hot chocolate with marshmallows.

"Well, now I don't have anyone to eat the cake with so why don't we share? I don't think I can eat it all alone. And you said it was your favorite."

"That'd be great." Seohyun said with a sweet smile.

Jaejoong smiled back and opened the box and pulled out the cake.

Seeing his smile, she thought, "Wow he smiles too. He looked cold. He's quite cute when he smiles." 

They ate the cake silently.

Breaking the silence, Seohyun opened and asked, "You know my name but I don't know yours. I think it's not fair. So mind telling me your name?"

"Jaejoong chuckled and said, "My name is Jaejoong. Seohyun-ssi, how old are you?"

"I'm 24 years old. How about you?"

"I'm 28. Quite old."

"Hahaha no that's not old. Not quite yet."

Jaejoong laughed at that.

"So what happened?" Seohyun asked.

"Huh?

"Between you and your girlfriend. Well, you don't have to answer if you're not comfortable."

"Ummm... It was her birthday and I wanted to surprise her so I said I can't come and surprise her by coming later. I even planned fireworks. But my work ended later than I planned so I rushed here and bought this cake and went to her house. When I got there, she was with another man. So I got out of there and I ended up here."

"Oh I'm sorry."

"I'm okay."

There was a moment of silence and Seohyun glanced at the clock. It was already 10.

"Hey it's getting late. Don't you have to go home?"

"Yeah. I should get going now. How about you?"

"I'll go home after the rain stops."

"Do you need a ride?" Jaejoong offered to take her home.

"No, it's okay. But thanks." She rejected the offer.

"Really? You don't know when it's gonna stop. I'll give you a ride. It's free." Jaejoong said convincingly.

"Ummm... Okay. Can you wait for a bit? I need to clean this."

"I can help"

"No it's okay. Just wait here."

Seohyun took the plates and cups to the sink. She cleaned up the table and packed her stuff.

"Sorry for making you wait."

"It's fine. Let's go."

Seohyun turned off the lights and locked the door. They got on Jaejoong black BMW.

"My house is near the JJ Company. You just turn to the right from there and go straight." Seohyun explained.

"Oh, you live close to my house." Jaejoong said.

"Really?"

"Yeah. And I work at the JJ Company."

"Oh wow. That's pretty awesome."

"Yeah haha"

They talked casually as they drove to Seohyun's house.

"You know, I met you few hours ago and we are already gotten quite close. Isn't that cool?" said Seohyun.

"It is. I was never able to be friends with someone this fast."

They've arrived at Seohyun's house. Before she got off, she thanked Jaejoong.

"Thank you so much, Jaejoong-ssi"

"No I should be thanking you."

"For what?"

"For everything. Thank you Seohyun-ssi."

Seohyun smiled at him and said, "Bye and goodnight Jaejoong-ssi."

"Goodnight. I'll see you again."

Seohyun went into her house and Jaejoong returned to his home.

He was tired went he got home. Sleepily, he walked out of his car and opened the door. There, he saw Jessica sitting in the sofa in his living room.

"What are you doing here," cold and emotionlessly, he spoke without looking at her.

"Jaejoong, I think there was a misunderstanding..." Jessica approached him as she explained.

"Leave. I don't want to hear anything from you."

"Jaejoong, I was just-"

He cut her words and said, "I said leave."

"I'll see you tomorrow then." she said and left.

Jaejoong let out a deep breath. He thought, "How can love disappear so quickly?" He didn't have any love left for Jessica. He thought their love was sincere and genuine. But it was all fake and disguised.

Jaejoong dragged his body and climbed to his bed.

"Was today a good day or a bad day?" he questioned himself.

Then Seohyun came to his mind. Thanks to her, his day wasn't as bad as it would've been. Putting aside those thoughts, Jaejoong closed his eyes and fell asleep.