Seventh Encounter

More Than Meets The Eye

EUNMI’S POV

“State your name, age, and identity.” The door boomed at me.

 

Song Eunmi, 17, 13th Cursed Miracle.

 

“Access granted.” and the doors swung open, revealing the library, filled with shelves of books that were as tall at 2 story buildings.

 

I stepped into the library, and the cold air made goosebumps form on my skin. I walked up to the librarian and she slightly glanced at me, and smiled kindly. She was apart of the rebellion, wanting to end the Demon King’s life as soon as possible, and before Sumin released her true power.

 

“Can I get the book about the Demon’s Curse?” I quietly asked her.

 

Snapping her fingers, a book suddenly appeared in front of me, “There you go sweetheart. Good luck.” she whispered to me and smiled.

 

“Thank you.” I bowed smiling to her, and took a seat in the corner of the library.

 

I sat down and flipped open to the first page. I started reading the first paragraph, soaking in all of the information.

 

The Demon King's Curse is a curse that is given at birth to a child. Over a 14 year stage, a child is cursed every year, starting with the weakest curse, up to the strongest curse ending the 14-year process.

During the yearly ritual of this stage, the child is bathed in a clear tube of demon generated chemicals, transforming the child, and giving it demon characteristics. A soul from the Generation of Cursed Miracles then takes over the child, finally giving it a name. The child’s level of power is depended on the color of its eyes. The lighter the shade, the weaker it is. The darker the shade, the more powerful is it.

 

“My eyes are a dark yellow. Does that mean I’m powerful?”

 

The first time the child opens it eyes, their eyes will glow, meaning that powers may be released. As training is received, the glow will slowly fade. The glow will once be reignited when the time is near for battle.

 

I flipped to the next page, which showed the process of transformation.

 

A cursed child goes under transformation once they are dropped into the demon-made chemicals. Depending on the soul that is blessed onto the child, each one will look different. Each spirit represents a different animal, totaling in 14 animals.

Order of blessed souls:

1. Rabbit

2. Mouse

3. Turtle

4. Dolphin

5. Grasshopper

6. Panther

7. Dog

8. Unicorn

9. Tiger

10. Lion

11. Serpent

12. Dragon

13. Phoenix

14. Wolf

With the given soul, the child will resemble the animal that is in the spirit.

 

“No wonder I was given wings and a long fan-like tail.” I thought to myself, as I flipped to the next page. It was about aging and immortality.

 

Once cursed, the child is given immortality, and their face does not age once they transform of their first birthday. Immortality is granted on the child, but can be revoked at any time by the Demon King.

 

I flipped to the next page, and the ink looked fresh, as if it were written yesterday.

 

The Generation of Cursed Miracles is now complete. The elite 14 will lead the battle for total world domination.

 

List of the Generation of Cursed Miracles:

1. Seo JoonMin

2. Kim TaeYoung

3. Hwang SoonMi

4. Im SeoKi

5. Choi TaeKyung

6. Lee Sunmi

7. Jung Kyori

8. Song HyoMin

9. Kwon SunYeon

10. Kim MinKi

11. Hwang JunKyu

12. Jung DaeHyun

13. Song EunMi

14. Lee SuMin

 

“Jung Daehyun? That sounds familiar...” I kept reading.

 

The 12th Cursed Miracle was kidnapped during a battle right before the birth of 13th Cursed Miracle. He was never seen again, and is now assumed to be dead.

 

“Taken? How is that possible?” I wondered as I flipped to the last page, reading the last line, with my eyes almost popping out of my sockets.


The Demon’s Curse can be relieved if the Demon King is killed.